Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do you like this phone?

Tip us?

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] How do you like this phone?

My wife's MyTouch 4G Slide has a dead microphone and is no longer available from T-mobile. This is one of the two approved replacement/upgrades from the phone insurance/warranty company. What do you like? What do you hate? What kind of problems do you have? The choice is between this and a samsung relay. Just looking for all the details before I pick a junk phone since I know nothing about either of these devices.
Phone: HTC One M8
ROM: Stock
Radio: stock
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: stock

Tablet : Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock (at the moment)

~~~RETIRED~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Jumped
Samsung GS2 T989 - Retired
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g Slide - Returned Junk
Mytouch 3g - Died

rdar_93
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.culler View Post
My wife's MyTouch 4G Slide has a dead microphone and is no longer available from T-mobile. This is one of the two approved replacement/upgrades from the phone insurance/warranty company. What do you like? What do you hate? What kind of problems do you have? The choice is between this and a samsung relay. Just looking for all the details before I pick a junk phone since I know nothing about either of these devices.
Although I love this phone, because of the camera and durability, I would recommend the Relay because of the better GPU and possibility of there being more stable custom roms for it available on the forums.
Current device: OnePlus One 64gb
Bootloader: Locked.... For now
Rooted: Not yet
Rom: Cyanogenmod 11S (stock)
Kernel: Stock kernel

Previous devices: HTC Amaze 4G, LG P350, Motorola Defy, Defy+, XT317, Milestone 2 and Cliq (MB220)

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Custom roms are no concern. Neither is the gpu I don't think due to the fact that she uses her phone for the most basic functions. She loves her physical keyboard, but I know from 3 years of ownership that Samsung phones can be very frustrating. She's using my retired gs2 right now to see if she can deal with Samsung TouchWiz.

~~~RETIRED~~~
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g - Died

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Thanks for all your input everybody. She has been using my old Samsung gs2 for a day now as a spare phone and proclaimed today via text that he hates it and also Samsung as a result. I went with the HTC since that's what she is used to in a smartphone ui.

~~~RETIRED~~~
T-Mobile G2 - Died