Having trouble getting device to switch rom after having had Viper for years.

Search This thread

Orbiting234

Sep 16, 2010
Have an Amaze 4G I set up for a friend a few years back with 4ext recovery and the ViperAmaze rom. I did unlock it back then but did not change S-ON to S-OFF. They gave it to me to just mess with but am having a few issues. For one, I can't seem to flash anything else onto it. From 4ext I have been unable to flash CM11 or the PAC-MAN rom. Any and all builds of those immediately error out with just a status 0 message. I am however able to flash Viper on and off without issue and jumped from 1.6.5 to 2.0.2 of that. But I really want just CM11 on it. Tried changing back to ext3 from ext4 format to see if that would make a difference or not but no change. Thought maybe I'd have to switch my recovery on there to TWRP but for the life of me I can't get it to connect via fastboot. I've never had an issue with devices before but this one first of all takes for-ev-er to get recognized that it has been plugged in to any PC and then the driver always errors out as it fails to start.

So should I just accept defeat or is there anything I am missing from getting things like CM11 to actually write to the device?