No registration required

HTC Style battery indicator w/Percentage - Post #6

OP jimczyz

26th April 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97

610 posts
More
Title says it all. I hate the battery bar. I wish I knew how to do it myself.
26th April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 793

1,568 posts
Donate to Me
More
I contacted the guy who posted this theme http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=ics+zip the ics.zip
I wouldn't mind trying to port it over myself, I've actually been trying to figure out how the last few hours.. but I would love that theme. Mainly for the battery icon. But also for a little more ICS look.
26th April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, KS Device: HTC One M8
Thanks Meter: 574

2,991 posts
Donate to Me
More
Working on a stock-looking HTC Style battery with percentage right now. Was thinking this today when I looked at my phone and said to myself.. "I wonder where my battery is really at?"
The Following User Says Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #4  
Retired Senior Moderator

2,991 posts
Donate to Me
More
Getting ready to install it now. Once I finish testing, if all goes well, I'll post it in a few minutes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville

1,568 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651

Working on a stock-looking HTC Style battery with percentage right now. Was thinking this today when I looked at my phone and said to myself.. "I wonder where my battery is really at?"

I was gonna contact the guy who made the caprombeta rom, he had battery % showing in his.. since he had his rom out so quick I imagine he must have had a quick and dirty method he could share.
I've seen a lot of people griping about the lack of an ICS look so I was considering using this thread that has a tool to port themes with the ICS.zip attached to that link I posted earlier.. it is supposed to put it into any rom(and looking at the batch file it doesn't need a whole rom, just what needs to be flashed). I would probably have it done already but I'm on my mac, and too lazy to sit at the desktop
26th April 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #6  
Retired Senior Moderator

2,991 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well here's mine. Nothing changed over stock theme except I added the percentage to the battery icon.

Also has smooth charging animations instead of the standard choppy ones and shows the current percentage between animation cycles while charging.

Used the UOT Kitchen to make it but replaced the battery images with my own. Hope you guys like it.

Just install in recovery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.25-20.40.36.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1025095  
Attached Files
File Type: zip TMOUS_ICS_BATTERY_PERCENT_STOCK_LOOK.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.67 MB, 530 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,730

3,164 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smexy background by the way

Sent From HTC Amaze Speed Rom 2.0.0 ICS Sensless Alpha 1
26th April 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97

610 posts
More
You da man! Thank you, was so sick of guessing what % I had left after only running it 24 hours. Works great.
26th April 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville

1,568 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651

Well here's mine. Nothing changed over stock theme except I added the percentage to the battery icon.

Also has smooth charging animations instead of the standard choppy ones and shows the current percentage between animation cycles while charging.

Used the UOT Kitchen to make it but replaced the battery images with my own. Hope you guys like it.

Just install in recovery.

I was playing with UOT earlier, how did you use your own icons? I was looking for that for a WHILE..
26th April 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #10  
Retired Senior Moderator

2,991 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipzeRemix

Smexy background by the way

Sent From HTC Amaze Speed Rom 2.0.0 ICS Sensless Alpha 1

Attached. Just extract it from the rar. When you upload a pic as an attachment, it compresses it to a different resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbtdeadly

I was playing with UOT earlier, how did you use your own icons? I was looking for that for a WHILE..

It's not a feature directly implemented into the UOT Kitchen.

After the kitchen is done and you download your zip, extract the framework-res.apk from the zip.

Extract the "res" folder from the framework-res.apk and look for the directory "drawable-hdpi". In there you will find 206 images related to the battery. I replaced them all with images that matched HTC's stock battery but including percentage.

After you replace all the images to look how you want, just replace the res folder inside framework-res.apk and replace the one in the zip.
Attached Files
File Type: rar dh_wallpaper_03.rar - [Click for QR Code] (165.8 KB, 52 views)
Last edited by dharvey4651; 26th April 2012 at 04:50 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread