Tronsmart Orion R28 RK3288 Cortex A7 Quad Core TV BOX Discuss

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By GeekEric, Member on 29th August 2014, 06:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th May 2015, 06:27 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I got a Tronfy RK2388 Ubox, also with the same CPU and GPU. But it's different at Wifi standard (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n). I got it for movies too. But i thought it's great for streaming and 4K resolution based of 2GB Ram.

29th May 2015, 04:22 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Just a big ups to this device. Finless 1.2 on freaktab works really well, gets recognized as a nexus tablet device and thus enables a lot of the apps that otherwise don't work. Paired with an HDHomeRun Prime and using the new add-on for HDHomeRun in Kodi (spmc is running great), this becomes a live tv cable box replacement. Doesn't get super hot, and with ethernet, it is running really snappy.

Compared to two years ago when I was messing around with a Tronsmart MK908, this device is really much more consumer ready and not so hobbyist/enthusiast. Can't testify to 4k quality, however.
30th May 2015, 07:35 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
TVheadend
Hi,
I saw @Christian Troy ROM for WeTeK device that allows running tvheadend backend on android.
I'm using Tronsmart Orion R28 based on Rockchip (RK3288).
I purchased MyGica PT230 DVB-T2 tuner and i want also to run this from tv box.
Currently, the only way to use it is using PadTV HD app.
I want to view via Kodi and tvheadend server.
Could you please explain how to build tvheadend for this device?
Thanks!
15th June 2015, 01:19 PM |#24  
Flag Bratislava

More
Orion R28 or S89
Pls, is supported externall 2,5 HDD? i want watching movie from HDD is possible in orinon r28 and S89. I do not know when they buy, who is still not better? I support both XMBC?

thanks
20th June 2015, 05:16 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney222

Pls, is supported externall 2,5 HDD? i want watching movie from HDD is possible in orinon r28 and S89. I do not know when they buy, who is still not better? I support both XMBC?

thanks

I prefered R28 model because i don't like design of S89 . Both of it support external HDD and XBMC/Kodi, of course.
25th June 2015, 01:07 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I have been running the pro version since January and can safely say that it now performs beautifully with kodi . gaming is also very smooth and it runs emulators such as ppsspp really nicely. I am currently using the Wasser ROM for the beelink r89 devices (find it over at freaktab) with only one issue, the remote doesn't work with that ROM, no biggie. Wasser has just released a Lolly beta as well, so it looks like we may see development continue on the ROM front.
29th June 2015, 02:38 PM |#27  
Flag Bratislava

More
Orion R28 or S89
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyphuco

I prefered R28 model because i don't like design of S89 . Both of it support external HDD and XBMC/Kodi, of course.

and according to the preferences, also prefer Orion? I can not decide who has booked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
tronsmart orion r28

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)