Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Platform Perspective on the Moto 360 and Android Wear

Tip us?

stevep2007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Platform Perspective on the Moto 360 and Android Wear

Hi Folks

Here is my speculation on Android Wear and the Moto 360 with a quick assessment of the APIs. Would love to hear a lot of speculation about where Android Wear is going. It could be a great platform for innovation.

It looks like there will be a two stage release of Android Wear like Google Glass. The first without access to building apps on the smartphone and the later one that includes an SDK on the watch that lets you build apps on the watch.

If Google can really make the wearable UI speech it will be an amazing platform.

Also discussed is Kynetics tiny beagleboard like WaRPBoard for prototyping. WaRPBoard plus 3D printed enclosure plus whatever the Android wearable OS is would be a cool prototyping platform.

Please speculate a lot and often.

Best
The Following User Says Thank You to stevep2007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crutchcorn
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Interesting idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep2007 View Post
Also discussed is Kynetics tiny beagleboard like WaRPBoard for prototyping. WaRPBoard plus 3D printed enclosure plus whatever the Android wearable OS is would be a cool prototyping platform.
You know, I just checked that out. That would be cool. Might have to check that out and make some wearables! Woo!

goofy173
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutchcorn View Post
You know, I just checked that out. That would be cool. Might have to check that out and make some wearables! Woo!
haha. Wearables would be awesome!
Tags
android, android wear, android wear launcher, moto 360