[APP] Wearable Pad - Control Android phone/tablet

Search This thread

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Control Android phone/tablet from Android Wear
There are some apps to control your PC from Android Wear via Android phone/tablet. However I couldn't find apps to control Android phone from Android wear like mouse. This is just a challenge to do that.
Could you try this app and check performance on your smartwatch?
At first, you need to find your touch screen settings, /dev/input/eventX, see the last section of this post.
Note that this app requires root permission. I recommend uninstalling it and reboot after trial for security of your device.

The latest version 0.4.0 gets Transfer Mode and Receiver apk. You can control another Android device running Receiver from Wear.

Download
Source code: https://github.com/tkgktyk/WearablePad
APK: https://drive.google.com/folderview...djaUt0Q25vRC1RbFlmZjZnUVlSbDdaUWs&usp=sharing

Description
Android has Input SubSystem, /dev/input/eventX the same as Linux, processing user input from input devices including touch screen. We can emulate user input by injecting input event to Input SubSystem, but normal user has no permissions and that is protected by SELinux. Therefore we need root permission and changing SELinux policy.

What is this app for? well... for tablet on stand:confused:

Select touch screen from eventX
Android device has some /dev/input/eventX, X is number from 0, so you need to know which X links to your touch screen. The number of touch screen is depending on device. The following page is helpful for X:
LMT Launcher's thread on XDA

For Nexus4, touch screen is /dev/input/event2, and RatioX = 200%, and RatioY = 200%.

More information is here (Readme.md on github).

Attachments

• screenshot_pad.png
    screenshot_pad.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,622
  • screenshot_action.png
    screenshot_action.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,604
Last edited:

Humpie

Recognized Developer
First of all, great idea for the app! I was looking for a way to control my phone completely from my watch!
Secondly I tried out your app on my LG G watch r and nexus 5 and noticed a few things.
The performance differs, sometimes I get almost no delay and sometimes it's over a second. At first I found the arrow moving a bit slowly but changing the speed to 200% helped! (although the delay did get bigger).
It is difficult to swipe with the app. When trying to move around my homescreen I pick up and move all the widgets in stead of swiping to the next page. I face less problems at swiping through for example the tapatalk app.
Aside from the delay I think you're off to a very good start! And I would like to test out future updates!

Reactions: tkgktyk

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
First of all, great idea for the app! I was looking for a way to control my phone completely from my watch!
Secondly I tried out your app on my LG G watch r and nexus 5 and noticed a few things.
The performance differs, sometimes I get almost no delay and sometimes it's over a second. At first I found the arrow moving a bit slowly but changing the speed to 200% helped! (although the delay did get bigger).
It is difficult to swipe with the app. When trying to move around my homescreen I pick up and move all the widgets in stead of swiping to the next page. I face less problems at swiping through for example the tapatalk app.
Aside from the delay I think you're off to a very good start! And I would like to test out future updates!

Thank you very much for your feedback! Thanks to your report, I'll get a real Android Wear device! not emulator. (I obtained permission to buy it!)
I think that the main cause of the delay is the amount of data from watch to handheld. I'll reduce the data and improve accessibility by adjusting UI, and update app and movie as soon as possible.

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Thank you very much for your feedback! Thanks to your report, I'll get a real Android Wear device! not emulator. (I obtained permission to buy it!)
I think that the main cause of the delay is the amount of data from watch to handheld. I'll reduce the data and improve accessibility by adjusting UI, and update app and movie as soon as possible.
Nice! I'll be looking forward to it!

Zenety

Mar 17, 2013
Worked amazingly well on my moto 360 + N4! Any posibility to change the X into something else?

It's more of a show-off app for me at the moment, but it does show what wear is capable of, hope you keep updating it ;)
Might also be worth to post this app on www.reddit.com/r/AndroidWear/ Lot's of people there compared to here.

Last edited:

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Worked amazingly well on my moto 360 + N4! Any posibility to change the X into something else?

It's more of a show-off app for me at the moment, but it does show what wear is capable of, hope you keep updating it ;)
Might also be worth to post this app on www.reddit.com/r/AndroidWear/ Lot's of people there compared to here.

Thank you for your help! I can't wait for my smartwatch, LG G Watch R, by your feedback. (moto 360 isn't sold in Japan...) I'll post at reddit too then I get a watch.
You can select the X, /dev/input/eventX, in setting of Wearable Pad.

1stGGMan

Aug 8, 2011
Need some advice

Hi,

First of, nice to see this app being available.
I got a moto 360 and LG G2.
I can get the red X to move around but taping does not work, do I Need LMT app as well?
Double clicking screen on moto 360 brings up double click, task etc and the all work.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Thanks

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Hi,

I can get the red X to move around but taping does not work, do I Need LMT app as well?
Double clicking screen on moto 360 brings up double click, task etc and the all work.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. You don't need LMT app, only refer "input devices/touchscreen to screen factors".
Now, I got a real smartwatch device, LG G Watch R, and I updated Wearable Pad. Single tap also works on Nexus 4 + G Watch R.
Could you try latest apk? mobile-release_v0.2.0.apk is here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...djaUt0Q25vRC1RbFlmZjZnUVlSbDdaUWs&usp=sharing

Note that the UI is changed, please see https://github.com/tkgktyk/WearablePad#pad-ui.

Attachments

• screenshot_pad.png
    screenshot_pad.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 336
  • screenshot_action.png
    screenshot_action.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 341
Reactions: 1stGGMan

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the update, I really like it! It's much more responsive than before and I really like the swipe buttons :), they make browsing internet or scrolling through my apps a lot easier! Also swiping away running apps is great! The only problem left is moving around my homescreens. The buttons don't move it far enough to get to the next page and by tap+swiping I get it to move about one tenth of the time. But I don't grab and move all my widgets like before so that's a big plus!

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Thanks for the update, I really like it! It's much more responsive than before and I really like the swipe buttons :), they make browsing internet or scrolling through my apps a lot easier! Also swiping away running apps is great! The only problem left is moving around my homescreens. The buttons don't move it far enough to get to the next page and by tap+swiping I get it to move about one tenth of the time. But I don't grab and move all my widgets like before so that's a big plus!

Thank you for fast feedback. Now we can't start voice search triggered by "OK Google" on Wearable Pad. I'll append that capability and new mode to grab (press) without keeping on pressing watch for your issue.

Reactions: Humpie

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Version 0.2.1

This version works fine except "OK Google" and a tiny rotation issue.

Test device:
* Nexus 4 + G Watch R
* Nexus 9 + G Watch R

Download APK

Changes:
+ Support screen rotation
+ Grab Mode by triple tap
+++ can move icon and select text
+ Tested on Nexus 4 and Nexus 9
+++ Used NDK for 64bit support. Trouble occurs on your device maybe...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1stGGMan and Humpie

Humpie

Recognized Developer

Test device:
* Nexus 4 + G Watch R
* Nexus 9 + G Watch R

Download APK

Changes:
Thank you for another great update! I can move around my homescreens with no problem now and the 3tap option is also very useful!

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
v0.4.0

Skipped v0.3.x.

NEW:
+ Transfer Mode
+++ transfer touch event to receiver
+ Receiver APK
+++ install on non-paired Android devices

The movie is updated too.

Thanks to XDA and you, completed the first stage of implementing functions. I'm going to fix bugs for a while.

Last edited:

crime_of_heart

Skipped v0.3.x.

NEW:
+ Transfer Mode
+ Receiver APK

Thanks to XDA and you, completed the first stage of implementing functions. I'm going to fix bugs for a while.

That is exacly what I was lookong for. Thanks!

By the way the input even number is 4 for international Optimus G (e975).

Last edited:

cruzer blade123

Oct 11, 2015
:)How to install apk to you android wear
=enable usb debugging on your wear
=connect it to the pc using cable
=download adb toolkit for your watch
=hold |shift| & right click on your mouse and select open command prompt here
=type these adb devices (enter) , adb install (app name without spaces).apk
=you will install the app on you android wear

Thanks#
Dont forget to like#

Sent from my Nokia_XL using Xposed Modules

Last edited:

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
version 0.4.2 on Google Play is the latest. I'm not planning to update this app for now because I don't use it.

Hi I'm trying to use this app with Sony xperia z2 and Sony smartwatch 3 but the app keeps saying that it's not connected in the status bar and I hasn't asked for superuser permissions my device is rooted it just want working any help would be great if I could used this app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Control Android phone/tablet from Android Wear
    There are some apps to control your PC from Android Wear via Android phone/tablet. However I couldn't find apps to control Android phone from Android wear like mouse. This is just a challenge to do that.
    Could you try this app and check performance on your smartwatch?
    At first, you need to find your touch screen settings, /dev/input/eventX, see the last section of this post.
    Note that this app requires root permission. I recommend uninstalling it and reboot after trial for security of your device.

The latest version 0.4.0 gets Transfer Mode and Receiver apk. You can control another Android device running Receiver from Wear.

Download
    Source code: https://github.com/tkgktyk/WearablePad
    APK: https://drive.google.com/folderview...djaUt0Q25vRC1RbFlmZjZnUVlSbDdaUWs&usp=sharing

Description
    Android has Input SubSystem, /dev/input/eventX the same as Linux, processing user input from input devices including touch screen. We can emulate user input by injecting input event to Input SubSystem, but normal user has no permissions and that is protected by SELinux. Therefore we need root permission and changing SELinux policy.

What is this app for? well... for tablet on stand:confused:

Select touch screen from eventX
    Android device has some /dev/input/eventX, X is number from 0, so you need to know which X links to your touch screen. The number of touch screen is depending on device. The following page is helpful for X:
    LMT Launcher's thread on XDA

For Nexus4, touch screen is /dev/input/event2, and RatioX = 200%, and RatioY = 200%.

More information is here (Readme.md on github).
    v0.4.0

Skipped v0.3.x.

NEW:
    + Transfer Mode
    + Receiver APK

Version 0.2.1

Test device:
    * Nexus 4 + G Watch R
    * Nexus 9 + G Watch R

Download APK

Changes:
    Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. You don't need LMT app, only refer "input devices/touchscreen to screen factors".
    Now, I got a real smartwatch device, LG G Watch R, and I updated Wearable Pad. Single tap also works on Nexus 4 + G Watch R.
    Could you try latest apk? mobile-release_v0.2.0.apk is here:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview...djaUt0Q25vRC1RbFlmZjZnUVlSbDdaUWs&usp=sharing

Note that the UI is changed, please see https://github.com/tkgktyk/WearablePad#pad-ui.