Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Garmin fenix SmartWatch functions android.

Tip us?

tomsi91
Old
(Last edited by tomsi91; 24th May 2014 at 10:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default [Q] Garmin fenix SmartWatch functions android.

Hi all,
Mabe you know Garmin Fenix outdoor GPS watch. It has Bluetooth 4 LE. In latest firmware 4.40, its posiible to use this watch like smartwatch (notifications etc). The only one problem is that it works only with Iphone. But i realized i can normally with no problems connect from my LG G2 kitkat android.

My question is, does anybody know, if its possible to make app for managing this smartwatch functions with andoid? I would like to code this app, but if here is anybody more experienced than me, please tell me if its possible or it isnt. Or maybe some hints where to start.

My idea is that if i have paired device, i can normally use android bluetooth api.

daijizai
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsi91 View Post
Hi all,
Mabe you know Garmin Fenix outdoor GPS watch. It has Bluetooth 4 LE. In latest firmware 4.40, its posiible to use this watch like smartwatch (notifications etc). The only one problem is that it works only with Iphone. But i realized i can normally with no problems connect from my LG G2 kitkat android.

My question is, does anybody know, if its possible to make app for managing this smartwatch functions with andoid? I would like to code this app, but if here is anybody more experienced than me, please tell me if its possible or it isnt. Or maybe some hints where to start.

My idea is that if i have paired device, i can normally use android bluetooth api.
This is not relevant to Android Wear. Please consider moving the post to the general forums, or forums specific to this watch. I suspect you will have better success there.