Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I have an LG G2 with a blacklisted IMEI. How to fix?

Tip us?

dead_elvis_187
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have an LG G2 with a blacklisted IMEI. How to fix?

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this site and new to posting anything about Androids. I just got into the Android last year.

Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I have an LG G2 D803 (Rogers Canada). I inherited this at a local auction along with some household junk that I don't need. I tried putting in my SIM card but the IMEI is blacklisted..

The past few days I've been searching the net to figure out how I can fix this but so far no luck. I did find a method that will apparently allow me to write a new IMEI to it which I'm sure many of you are familiar with (QPST, RF NV Item Manager), but I think that's not working for me because that method only works if my phone has no IMEI at all.

My question is: How can i DELETE the IMEI on my phone, and/or make it null/zeros or whatever, so I can write a new IMEI to it? Or, how can I change it altogether? The phone is rooted. I want to use the IMEI of one of my old phones (a Samsung Galaxy S) onto this LG so I can use it. It seems like a great upgrade from my old phone.

Thanks!

tigsandmitch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_elvis_187 View Post
Hey everyone.

I'm new to this site and new to posting anything about Androids. I just got into the Android last year.

Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I have an LG G2 D803 (Rogers Canada). I inherited this at a local auction along with some household junk that I don't need. I tried putting in my SIM card but the IMEI is blacklisted..

The past few days I've been searching the net to figure out how I can fix this but so far no luck. I did find a method that will apparently allow me to write a new IMEI to it which I'm sure many of you are familiar with (QPST, RF NV Item Manager), but I think that's not working for me because that method only works if my phone has no IMEI at all.

My question is: How can i DELETE the IMEI on my phone, and/or make it null/zeros or whatever, so I can write a new IMEI to it? Or, how can I change it altogether? The phone is rooted. I want to use the IMEI of one of my old phones (a Samsung Galaxy S) onto this LG so I can use it. It seems like a great upgrade from my old phone.

Thanks!
Posted in wrong section but changing the IMEI is illegal in many places, phone maybe stolen or insurance job, would sell for parts

Fajormein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low Re : LG G2 Blacklisted IMEI

Bad place . Move to the *G2 .
*dział Sorry i am Polish translate *dział from polish and you will know what it mean
Good luck!
Fajormein

vanessaem
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9,808

DONATE TO ME
Not a good way to start on this site. IMEI tampering and modification is illegal. Please do not discuss this type of activity here.

Thread closed.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe