Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification

The post Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification … more

Intel at MWC 2015: New Chip Branding and Details

more

Microsoft Unveils the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL

more

New Cyanogen Inc. Brand Identity, Qualcomm Partnership

The post New Cyanogen Inc. Brand Identity, Qualcomm Partnership appeared first on … more
Post Reply

Root for Android Wear Emulator

OP MrBIMC

20th March 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 873
 
527 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Hello guys! I know it's useless, but anyway, we(@MrBIMC and @r3pwn) crafted root-script for Android Wear!

Download and unzip archive, go to the folder with unpacked data and execute the script:
Code:
sh wear-root.sh
*Note that you'll have to re-run this script everytime you reboot emulator*



Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip wear-root(unix+win).zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.61 MB, 768 views)
Last edited by MrBIMC; 20th March 2014 at 09:11 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #2  
Ashutos1997's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi , India
Thanks Meter: 677
 
545 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIMC

Hello guys! I know it's useless, but anyway, we(@MrBIMC and @r3pwn) crafted root-script for Android Wear!

Download and unzip archive, go to the folder with unpacked data and execute the script:

Code:
sh wear-root.sh
*Note that you'll have to re-run this script everytime you reboot emulator*



Enjoy!

Can't run that command in CMD, it says : "sh is not recognized as internal command" on windows
21st March 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #3  
r3pwn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,576
 
1,439 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutos1997

Can't run that command in CMD, it says : "sh is not recognized as internal command" on windows

For Windows, you'll need to double-click on the .bat file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
21st March 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #4  
Ashutos1997's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi , India
Thanks Meter: 677
 
545 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

For Windows, you'll need to double-click on the .bat file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Can u give me proper steps to root ?

Update : ROOTED
Last edited by Ashutos1997; 21st March 2014 at 12:35 PM.
x102x96x
22nd March 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Question Q
@MrBIMC

why should i root it?
is there any app for it to need root access?
or any feature we can access after root?

23rd March 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
I can only imagine what kind of apps Developers will make for rooted smartwatches. We will have to wait and see what wear offers without them first...
23rd March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 873
 
527 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

@MrBIMC

why should i root it?
is there any app for it to need root access?
or any feature we can access after root?

Actually, we don't need to root smartwatch, at least yet. I made a script just because I can, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
x102x96x
23rd March 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIMC

Actually, we don't need to root smartwatch, at least yet. I made a script just because I can, lol

absolutely good reason
28th March 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #9  
crutchcorn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 87
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
No need YET.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

absolutely good reason

I'm with you. Although there may not be much of a need at the time I can see this come in handy when I go and pick up a Wear device and start tinkering. I can already think of a few uses for it. And you know what? Even if I fail, it's future proofing. Who knows what the future may bring with Wear devices and their restrictions/Wear skins?
13th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag Batangas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Can i use it on my galaxy young bro?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
emulator, root, wear
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes