Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which brand do you expect to release the first Android Wear ?
Motorola 65 41.94%
LG 65 41.94%
Sony 13 8.39%
Samsung 38 24.52%
Other 8 5.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Android Wear: Discussion [OPEN TO ALL]

Tip us?

sauliiin
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscsltd View Post
I've had my G Watch two days now.
I'm not totally sure about the card interface myself. It's awkward to navigate to and you don't really feel in full control, especially if you swipe to remove a card accidentally. A swipe remove undo, just like in Gmail would be good.
Navigation to an app is awkward if you don't want to speak your watch. There should be an alternative way to do things rather than primarily through speech.....I mean, you can't start talking to your watch in a meeting, say and your going to get very odd looks in anywhere public if you talk to your watch.
I think it's very early days and Google are still finding their way on the interface.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app
I'm not sure about android wear! It seems like a extension of google now, which I never liked and deactivated it on my phone!

I'm anxious to buy a smartwatch, but not convinced so far... To be honest, I think I like gear 2 the most... Tizen seems better than android wear for my use... Although, S-voice really suck

Elarion
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same here, so far I can't think of enough features that would help me in my all-day work.
Especially as the cell is always in my pocket and can pretty much do anything that the clock can.

gingerdude
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Actually s voice on the gear watches is superb, super accurate dictating a text message or setting reminder or alarms etc.

voidisme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I wish this was cheaper

sauliiin
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerdude View Post
Actually s voice on the gear watches is superb, super accurate dictating a text message or setting reminder or alarms etc.
Nice to know!

Lets see if samsung will keep tizen on gear 3 and if it going to evolute even more!

Tels home the same for android wear, beacause when the gear 1 was using android, the devs were able to do a lot of good stugg with the OS

Arrogant1903
Old
Thanks Meter 1
which is cheaper?

rockmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Little off topic but definitely related to Android wear.

Which watch and golf app combo works the best (I know Golfshot release an android wear.. any others?)
Thanks
Rockmeister