Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[App][Support]WearFaces - Create your own custom watchfaces for Android Wear!

OP expressive87

16th July 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36

64 posts

Hello, I'm the dev of WearFaces and I saw, that _MinusZero_ made a thread on XDA. But to provide better information and ressources here is now the official support thread, where you can post your custom wearfaces, suggestions and issues.

WearFaces - Play Store Link

WearFaces is a free App for all Android Wear devices. It brings you ready made quality design watchfaces, but more important:
It allows you to easily create own custom wearfaces for your own device. Simply choose some picture and you are good to go.

HOW TO USE WEARFACE PACKS

1. Simply download a wearface pack from http://wearfaces.com/featured/ onto your device/DropBox/Google Drive.
2. Open the WearFace App and import the zip (ES File Explorer works best)
3. Hit "Send to Wear", wait some seconds till data transfer is finished and reapply the custom wearface.

HOW-TO MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN:

1. Design your own watchface by creating pictures for the dial, hourhand, minutehand and the secondshand and the according dimmed states. (best 320x320px and .png format) Or download premade wearface packs from users on www.wearfaces.com/featured/
2. Save your own custom watch face files on your device/Dropbox/Google Drive.
4. Start the WearFaces App and choose the different files. (Note: On the image pick dialog, a file explorer like ES File Explorer works best).
5. Hit "Send to Wear", wait until the dialog opens on the watch. After the progress bar finishes you can apply the "Custom WearFace" from the wacthface picker.

If you have issues look in the FAQ or write an email to issues@uhrart.com and explain your problem in detail

Features of current Version 1.15

- customize the *dimmed state* of the clock
- import/download watchface packs from wearfaces.com/featured/
- german translation added (more will follow soon)
- Dropbox/Google Drive support
- data transfer updated
- reworked all dimed state pictures
- 4 quality watch face designs from the talented designer Ryan M. Kelly (ryanmkelly.me)
- 2 additional designs from me
- 1 design from Georgios Mn.
- change dial, hour hand, minutes hand and seconds hand
- support for Moto360, LG G Watch, Samsung GEAR Live

Please post your custom wearfaces in this thread or in the Google+ Group. Also discussions, feedback and issues are welcome.

Visit also the official site: wearfaces.com for more information.

Kind regards
Albrecht
Last edited by expressive87; 20th August 2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typos
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to expressive87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

64 posts
*reserved
16th July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 95

331 posts
More
Some watch faces from the thread in the G Watch forum: Click me! These are my favorites
Last edited by spiderflash; 16th July 2014 at 04:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

17 posts
More
Mechanicle Watchface

The final of my Watchface version for LG G Watch!

You could download images here.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shadow49991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

64 posts
Beautful ! I am amazed of your design. Very good idea to show the clockwork.
16th July 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 96

1,171 posts
I am only having one issue with the app,I can't seem to assign any hands, no matter which one I've tried, I keep only being stuck with what comes with the app, either the red hands or the white hands. I have a nexus 5,which at first I thought maybe it was cause I was running android L, so reverted back to 4.4.4 and same result, well sorta, in android L I could only get the red hands, choosing a dial wasn't a issue, once I reverted back to 4.4.4 no more red hands, but now white hands instead, granted in the app it'll show me what I want, but will not send through to my watch as such.
16th July 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 95

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh1979

I am only having one issue with the app,I can't seem to assign any hands, no matter which one I've tried, I keep only being stuck with what comes with the app, either the red hands or the white hands. I have a nexus 5,which at first I thought maybe it was cause I was running android L, so reverted back to 4.4.4 and same result, well sorta, in android L I could only get the red hands, choosing a dial wasn't a issue, once I reverted back to 4.4.4 no more red hands, but now white hands instead, granted in the app it'll show me what I want, but will not send through to my watch as such.

Have you tried the "resync all aps" option in the android wear app? You also have to open the wearfaces app on the watch first before you can send any watch faces.
16th July 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #8  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 96

1,171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash

Have you tried the "resync all aps" option in the android wear app? You also have to open the wearfaces app on the watch first before you can send any watch faces.

yes i have tried those, but hey i can always try again, lol.

EDIT: nope once again no worky,
Last edited by tomh1979; 16th July 2014 at 05:38 PM.
16th July 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #9  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 16

26 posts
More
BAM.
Swisslike (Also available in white)

Files available here: click!

Ornate (Also available in white)

Glow (Other colours available on request)

Blips (Any colour as long as it's green)

Window (Other colours available on request)

What time is it?

Bars (I like green, okay? Other colours are available on request)

Last edited by _MinusZero_; 16th July 2014 at 06:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to _MinusZero_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh1979

I have the same issue on my N5. Running Android L Preview. I didn't do a revert back to 4.4.4.
I've done a re-sync with the apps on the LG G Watch, still no change.

Setting the face works, but I can't set any of the hands.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread