Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[For Everyone] [Ideas] games and apps

Tip us?

sadoway
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Default [For Everyone] [Ideas] games and apps

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techc...3/71CymwAbA7A/

I was reading the article. And he said tamagochi. Now. When I was a kid this was awesome. But as a phone app. It kinda sucks.... But a watch is totally the right form factor. I would totally use it. Maybe something like digimon where they battle... Yeah super wrist watch fun.

What other cool things would you guys want to see? There are so many cool things these watches could do, but I haven't seen many people talking about any cool ideas. Actually, info has been only trickling.
.... wow I really needed to update my signature ...

AstroDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 39
What is a digimon?

sadoway
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit...r_(virtual_pet)
.... wow I really needed to update my signature ...

schmanke
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'd like to see an app that automatically controls the the brightness of my watch, depending on what my phone's auto brightness setting is.
Since both these devices (LG and Samsung) don't have an ambient light sensor, a simple app like that would be genius. The other, simpler option, is to have an Android Wear app, that from 8am-8pm, full brightness, 8pm-8am (or whatever time windows you choose), lowest brightness. Simple workaround hack/app until ambient light sensors are built in.

Thoughts?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmanke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmanke View Post
I'd like to see an app that automatically controls the the brightness of my watch, depending on what my phone's auto brightness setting is.
Since both these devices (LG and Samsung) don't have an ambient light sensor, a simple app like that would be genius. The other, simpler option, is to have an Android Wear app, that from 8am-8pm, full brightness, 8pm-8am (or whatever time windows you choose), lowest brightness. Simple workaround hack/app until ambient light sensors are built in.

Thoughts?
Brilliant idea!
+1
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmanke View Post
Since both these devices (LG and Samsung) don't have an ambient light sensor, a simple app like that would be genius.
I'm not sure what the point would be. If you're using your watch... It's probably because your phone is in your pocket or somewhere lying idle, correct? If your phone is in your pocket, the lighting conditions would be different. Not to mention for this to work, your phone would need to leave the ambient light sensor on all the time, causing an additional unnecessary battery drain. Unless of course you're actively using your phone... But then that leads us back to... Why are you using the watch?

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnus View Post
I'm not sure what the point would be. If you're using your watch... It's probably because your phone is in your pocket or somewhere lying idle, correct? If your phone is in your pocket, the lighting conditions would be different. Not to mention for this to work, your phone would need to leave the ambient light sensor on all the time, causing an additional unnecessary battery drain. Unless of course you're actively using your phone... But then that leads us back to... Why are you using the watch?
You still get your phone out every now and then. It's not like you don't need it anymore when you have the watch. And every time you turn the phone on it could push the brightness over to the watch. Turn down brightness when in the cinema, turn it up when it's sunny outside etc. Would be quite useful
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash View Post
You still get your phone out every now and then. It's not like you don't need it anymore when you have the watch. And every time you turn the phone on it could push the brightness over to the watch. Turn down brightness when in the cinema, turn it up when it's sunny outside etc. Would be quite useful
Sure, but the brightness levels will change more often than you get your phone out. Doing this will put more of a reliance on the phone. Say you're in a theater, you pull out your phone and the watch dims. Now the movie is over and you head outside into the super bright sun. The watch will still be at minimum brightness until you either manually adjust it or pull out your phone to correct it again. That goes against everything Android Wear is aiming for.

schmanke
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Somewhat true... but I don't know about you, I'm pulling my phone out after a movie at least once before I head outside.. check all those messages and emails I received during that 1.5 hours because I'm really popular..

Again, the app idea is a BAND-AID.. not a true solution, as an ambient light sensor is, but a temporary solution. As @spiderflash says, I'd like it to remember the last brightness state of my phone, and push that over to watch, until a new status pushes over. It'd work fine about 80% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnus View Post
Sure, but the brightness levels will change more often than you get your phone out. Doing this will put more of a reliance on the phone. Say you're in a theater, you pull out your phone and the watch dims. Now the movie is over and you head outside into the super bright sun. The watch will still be at minimum brightness until you either manually adjust it or pull out your phone to correct it again. That goes against everything Android Wear is aiming for.