[Idea] [Poll] Quick Settings in Android Wear!

Would you like to see this on the next version of Android Wear?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

fodi97

Jul 7, 2012
Pécs
Hi everyone!

Today I've created a mockup of my own idea: A Quick Settings interface for Wear!

As lots of other users out there, I hate to scroll 5-6 times to finally turn on airplane mode when I want to use my smartwatch as a watch only. This would be a much better and of course, faster option to turn settings on- and off quickly with only one slide...
Maybe we could add Location and theather mode to the bottom line, but as I see, three icons would do the job.

android_m_wear_qs_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I hope if we create a bit of a hype Google will consider creating something like this in the M edition of Android Wear...

Anyway... Do you like the idea?

Attachments

• android_m_wear_qs.jpg
    android_m_wear_qs.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,039

lekofraggle

Oct 10, 2010
Google Pixel C
The reason is if you want to use an app online. For instance, if you need a web browser or es file explorer on your watch. Bluetooth has no bearing. The system does not allow user apps to go online. There are two solutions (not one like I said before).

1, enable airplane mode, and then enable and connect to WiFi.

2, Put the app you want to have WiFi access in the system folder (I think both priv-app and app work).

Of course both have drawbacks, but that is the way it is right?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

bhabba

Nov 14, 2013
Looks awesome, maybe I'm slowly considering to get one of these petting watches :p

pawces

Jan 21, 2008
Manila
yes please! I don't understand why google insists on coming up with a more "watch specific" interface for Wear, when scaling down vanilla android would have been a more familiar experience: pull down for toggles, swipe left/right to access your screens where you can deploy icons for quick launch apps, or one screen dedicated to notifications ala samsungs' touchwiz widgets page? I would pay for a mini version of Nova launcher on my watch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

Today I've created a mockup of my own idea: A Quick Settings interface for Wear!

As lots of other users out there, I hate to scroll 5-6 times to finally turn on airplane mode when I want to use my smartwatch as a watch only. This would be a much better and of course, faster option to turn settings on- and off quickly with only one slide...
    Maybe we could add Location and theather mode to the bottom line, but as I see, three icons would do the job.

android_m_wear_qs_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I hope if we create a bit of a hype Google will consider creating something like this in the M edition of Android Wear...

Anyway... Do you like the idea?