Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Notification issues on Android Wear devices?

OP JVimes

26th November 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I'm thinking of switching from Pebble to Android Wear. I'm curious, do notifications from your phone come through consistently and quickly? On Pebble (at least with Android) about 25% of the time a notification takes 2-5 seconds to show up on the watch, or never shows up at all. I'll feel my phone buzz and sit there staring at my watch, waiting. It gets really annoying! Happened with both my S3 and Nexus 5.

Has anyone experienced similar with Android Wear watches? Or particular models? Thanks!
Last edited by JVimes; 26th November 2014 at 04:57 AM. Reason: clarification
26th November 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 51

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVimes

I'm thinking of switching from Pebble to Android Wear. I'm curious, do notifications from your phone come through consistently and quickly? On Pebble (at least with Android) about 25% of the time a notification takes 2-5 seconds to show up on the watch, or never shows up at all. I'll feel my phone buzz and sit there staring at my watch, waiting. It gets really annoying! Happened with both my S3 and Nexus 5.

Has anyone experienced similar with Android Wear watches? Or particular models? Thanks!

notifications showed in watch one second maximum after phone
The Following User Says Thank You to nechmadi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 112

261 posts
More
No problems here with my sony smartwatch 3 and samsung note 3.
And you can reply by voice with whatsapp and telegram!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to greenbat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Great to hear No missed notifications, either? @greenbat or @nechmadi
27th November 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 51

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVimes

Great to hear No missed notifications, either? @greenbat or @nechmadi

no missed notifications at all .
27th November 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thumbs up
Awesome. I think I'll be ordering Black Friday or cyber Monday. Now, to decide which one.
3rd December 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 112

261 posts
More
No missed notifications at all. Working great!
12th December 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

94 posts
After 2 weeks with my LG G Watch R, I'm afraid that after 18 months with my Pebble I've grown accustomed to doing things in a certain way and that's not the right way for Android Wear.

Could anybody enlighten me?

My watch almost never vibrates. Mails, Whatsapp messages... it doesn't matter, most notifications show as cards (which I notice after a too long time) but I don't get vibrations.

My phone is a Sony Xperia Z3 with 4.4.4 (5.0.1 on the watch). When I used my Pebble it was always muted and most apps had notifications off. Now Whatsapp and Gmail have notifications on, since I read somewhere that Android Wear devices would only vibrate if the app was supposed to make some noise. However, I still don't get vibrations.

Thanks in advance
12th December 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #9  

17 posts
Untill now i haven't confront this problem .
14th December 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reycat

My phone is a Sony Xperia Z3 with 4.4.4 (5.0.1 on the watch). When I used my Pebble it was always muted and most apps had notifications off. Now Whatsapp and Gmail have notifications on, since I read somewhere that Android Wear devices would only vibrate if the app was supposed to make some noise. However, I still don't get vibrations.

Thanks in advance

As far as i got with this (still no Facebook notifications here) this has to do with the sound options, very logical (not) on your phone..
If you have notifications set to just vibrate with no sound on your phone there will be no vibration on your wrist, someone needs to visit that google programmer with a clue bat i think :-/
If you want your watch to be the one to get the notifications and no sound on your phone, set up all apps on your phone to use sounds, and set in Android wear app, silence the phone. This will quit your phone from responding with sounds (an i think also vibrations) while your watch should do the heavy lifting.
Why they did it this way, Google only knows, we desperately need a alternative Android wear build with a much better control of vibrations and how each type of notifications should act!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread