Gestures and Wearable Community

OP JoseVigil

30th January 2015, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Hi guys,

I love wearable and this year is going to be a very important one we have all waited for and a big opportunity to start new things. As a short background, I have been working with gestures for some time on a project called GestureKit and a company I founded RoamTouch. We have been able to set a standard for recording online and distributing to different platforms and we want to jump into a more useful input such and input type and wearable specifically on watches.

Its solid true that voice and button touch are going to govern the watch input paradigm, however I believe there will be a big space for gestures for a series of reasons. Screen size is tiny. You can perform them on the watch without having to look at it, making the interaction more productive. Because of the proximity of the hand (different to glass that was a year light distant from the hand) its a very short and efficient movement from one hand to the other arm wrist. Besides, and compared with voice, speaking is not always suitable and often times what we do remains private.

Since I believe that gestures can be an effective way for productivity therefore I am raising funds for extending our API to wearable and for creating a keyboard based on gestures for phones and watches. I am looking forward to establish a small but focused community that can take the subject seriously and provide solutions for real problems arising on wearable that are going to be big.

Whoever shares this vision and would like to participate and create a community for gesture interaction with wearable please let me know. I am sure there are millions of ideas and things we can work out together. I am sure your opinion and ideas is very important to figure out how to develop for the next paradigm.

Thanks very much for reading.

--
Jose Vigil
CEO & Founder
RoamTouch - GestureKit
Last edited by JoseVigil; 30th January 2015 at 01:28 AM.
16th February 2015, 04:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

123 posts
More
I'd like to help out in any way I can.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread