Post Reply

Which gps-enabled watch?

OP RussianBear

9th February 2015, 02:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 280
 
1,673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Hi, all.

Getting into mountain biking and don't want to bust my cell phone, so looking for something that has gps to track speed, distance, etc., while not too heavy on the wallet.

Suggestions? Looked up one ebay and came across this thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Sm...item1e915454d3

Also have some used Lg G watches for around the same price.

Thanks!
9th February 2015, 10:10 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
294 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear

Hi, all.

Getting into mountain biking and don't want to bust my cell phone, so looking for something that has gps to track speed, distance, etc., while not too heavy on the wallet.

Suggestions? Looked up one ebay and came across this thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Sm...item1e915454d3

Also have some used Lg G watches for around the same price.

Thanks!


So far, the sony smartwatch 3 is the only android wear smartwatch which has gps. It's great!
Last edited by greenbat; 9th February 2015 at 10:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greenbat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Notice in the ad none of the people are actually wearing it. That is a tip off that they are stock photographs and that the product is probably massive. The battery capacity also leads me to believe it is a monster.
The Following User Says Thank You to hecksagon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 02:22 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
2,762 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Best bet is Sony sw 3. Love mine and GPS functionality is great!

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tu3218 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 09:59 PM   |  #5  
Ecrou's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
More
Hi,

I confirm that there is no GPS in G Watch.

For sw3, do you know how long you can use GPS?
I guess it reduces battery life, but can we track path during 2 hours or more?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ecrou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2015, 01:23 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
2,762 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecrou

Hi,

I confirm that there is no GPS in G Watch.

For sw3, do you know how long you can use GPS?
I guess it reduces battery life, but can we track path during 2 hours or more?

I've heard anywhere between 5-6 hours. Which sounds about right because when I go running for an hour or so, it goes down about 20%. This is with Bluetooth headphones connected listening to music as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tu3218 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2015, 02:36 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 280
 
1,673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecksagon

Notice in the ad none of the people are actually wearing it. That is a tip off that they are stock photographs and that the product is probably massive. The battery capacity also leads me to believe it is a monster.

I literally loled at those pictures!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes