The Androids Are Marching On The UK

XDA has always been about the community, and as such we are constantly on the lookout for ways to bring … more

One M8 Lollipop, Blackberry CEO Net Neutrality – XDA TV

The HTC One M8 has gotten its first Android 5.0 Lollipop based Sense 6 ROM! … more

Elemental – The Cross Platform Code Editor StartUp

There is not many cross-platform code editors capable to run both on desktop and … more

Dropbox App Available on Windows Phone

The Dropbox app is well known and widely used. The application has finally landed on Windows Phone … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How To Log Steps to My Fitness Pal with android wear!!! Instructions!!

OP jerflash

8th January 2015, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

315 posts
Finally a way to track steps with any android wear watch and have it automatically log into My Fitness Pal!

Follow the directions below originally taken from this link: http://steamoctane.com/2015/01/use-a...orie-counting/
Please check pics for reference
Intro

Android Wear is becoming one of the most popular wearable’s out in the market right now, and what some people miss about these devices is that they can double as a fitness band and step counter and some even have heart rate monitoring capabilities. Now you wont get much out of this detail with Google Fit until the app is more robust, so in this guide we are going to recommend another app to help with your fitness goals; MyFitnessPal…
MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal is in our opinion the most robust app in the app market for loosing weight. This app is cross compatible to almost every mobile OS, it is 100% FREE, comes with a stellar food database, and is loaded with features. We recommend you try it, or chances are you are already using it. Sign up for free at http://www.myfitnesspal.com, and download the app from your respective marketplace.
Android Wear

The following tutorial is for android wear smart watches. If you are in the market for one, we recommend the below as they have all the features required, and are the bests one on the market now.
What you need (Hardware)

You will need the following equipment to complete this guide.
Android Smart Watch
Android Smart Phone running 4.4+
Software you need

Up by Jawbone (not Up24)
MyFitnessPal
Instructions

If you haven’t already download the Up from Jawbone app from google play, while your there you might as well download MyFitnessPal if you don’t already have it.
Open the Up app and signup with Jawbone then sign in if needed.
Tap the menu button in the top left corner (The three lines). Then tap settings and finally tap Application Preferences.
Make sure phone motion sensor is turned on.
Go home and tap the watch icon on the top right. Your watch should be connected to the app, if not check that your smartwatch is paired with your phone, turned on and is in range, then restart the app.
Go to the MyFitnessPal app.
Click the menu button, scroll down and tap settings. Then Click Steps.
Tap add a device then choose Jawbone UP.
Click Connect, then sign in if it asks and click allow.
Your done!
Now your smartwatch will report steps to the UP app, which in turn will send the data to MyFitnessPal and log your calories burned.
Keep in mind it may take 24 hours for your steps to start showing up in the myfitnesspal app after performing the above steps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-08-14-20-14.png
Views:	196
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	3105062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-08-14-17-49.png
Views:	194
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	3105063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-08-14-20-09.png
Views:	196
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	3105064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Android Wear Screenshot.png
Views:	198
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	3105066  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 08:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 5

74 posts
More
Hi, After my installation i see that i lost information to google fit.. google fit doesn't travk your steps any more. Also i think that Jawbone Up doesn;t track your steps correctly. My watch in fitness watcxh screen shows 868 steps but at the Jawbone up i see doble 17xx...

Can you shere your experience?

P.P. Google Fit start working with steps showed on the fitness watch face.
Last edited by lostindark; 12th January 2015 at 09:03 AM.
13th January 2015, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

315 posts
Steps in jaw bone and Google fit seems to be working fine for me. Let it sit for a few days and see what happens

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread