FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Tennis using Android Wear device as a racket

17th March 2015, 11:19 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys, I don't know if this is kind of an off topic and is not meant as commercial but I found a great app that uses my wear device as a game controller.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikacije.tennis

I've been playing it for two days now on my Moto 360 and it's fun.

The only thing you need to do is to go to options and select manual calibration cause Moto 360 says that it has an magnetometer so app thinks it can use automatic
calibration but as it seems Moto 360 does not have magnetometer, or so I'm told.

Follow instructions on screen for calibration to calibrate it, it's a bit strange at first but after you get a hang on it it's better than wii, and you can also connect your phone
to a TV and play like that, would be great to have a phone with TV connectivity to play it on a big TV screen.
Last edited by da_bar; 17th March 2015 at 11:27 AM.

19th March 2015, 09:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Indeed very fun to play, but also VERY hard. Tried it with sending my phone screen to my TV using a Chromecast and playing like that. Didn't work out so well.

It's also very cool to show-off to your friends haha, they are already amazed by the Moto 360 and now even more.
20th March 2015, 03:05 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I am one of the developers of this game and just found this thread...
Can you be more specific on why is it so hard? When we were fine tuning the game before its release, we were actually afraid it was very easy, but we thought it was because we are used to gameplay.

Also, sending the display to another screen should make no difference.

Make sure you do correct calibration when game is installed on a device without magnetometer. Using our latest update calibration is not needed if both devices have magnetometer and thus relative position of racket to tennis field is known.

Moto 360 is specific because it reports that it has magnetometer, while in fact it does not! Therefore you have an option to force manual calibration and its "fake" magnetometer will continue to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
game, wear
Previous Thread Next Thread