Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[idea] Trying to send Whatsapp message with Tasker

OP TheKaser

12th December 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 25

268 posts
HI all,

I am trying to send a whastapp message from scratch using android wear. I have done a tasker routine that uses the "get voice" feature to capture my spoken message, and WhatsTasker plugin to push it to a fixed contact.

I have seen apps like WearTasker and Tockle, which can run tasker tasks in your phone by triggering them on your watch.

I was wondering if there is some way to run a similar script but in the watch, i.e. talk to the watch, caputure the text, and maybe send it to the phone and have whatstasker send the message to the contact.

Maybe we could put some effort together to achieve sending voice dictated whatsapps when wanted and not only when replying to an existing message.
14th December 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 49

735 posts
More
You can sign up to test Autowear, this allows you to execute autovoice and therefore Tasker tasks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Humpie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Android apps
Actually, I am unable to get your question. What do you want to do?
16th December 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 25

268 posts
What I want to do is say to my watch "send whatsapp to contact" and have it listen to my message and send it to the desired contact. Whastapp already allows to reply to a message via Wear, but not send a message from scratch.

I have signed up for AutoWear, but is still in alpha stage. The principle is similar to this http://dkc.dozuki.com/Guide/Touchless+Hangouts/46 but using the watch. Thanks humpie for pointing me to autowear. I am in touch with the dev to see if I can get this working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread