Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone want to talk with their friends on Samsung Gear

OP tonystartup

22nd August 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I want to talk with my friends via voice when I driving the car. But you can't use your IM on mobile to do it while you driving. So I'm wondering whether I can just speak over smartwatch via an app which can send out voice message.

Anyone have the same need?

Like a walkie-talkie on smartwatch.
22nd August 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 45

562 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystartup

I want to talk with my friends via voice when I driving the car. But you can't use your IM on mobile to do it while you driving. So I'm wondering whether I can just speak over smartwatch via an app which can send out voice message.

Anyone have the same need?

Like a walkie-talkie on smartwatch.

When I am driving, I drive.
I see no reason to break the law, or do anything distracting.... there is nothing that can not wait until I am home, or parked.

I can take phone calls, my phone syncs with my car's On-Star System. (This is safe and hands free)

All Android Wear devices have no speaker, when you say "Samsung Gear", if you mean Gear Live (no speaker) but if you actually mean Samsung Gear you are posting in the wrong place.
22nd August 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
I would love to have this, I go to a lot of car meets with my friends and it would be cool to have some sort of walkie talkie app to talk on.
22nd August 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #4  
Flag near Aachen
Thanks Meter: 12

45 posts
More
Get a Car with BT and Car Hifi Navigation System with integrated Handsfree, It is available in most cars already,
Otherways get a Parrot Handsfree or a Car radio with Bluetooth, like Kenwood or JVC or any other brand with good car hifi radios.

Also you can buy PMR or LPD WalkiTalkis with VOX function.

How should this work with any Android Wear Device?? There is no speaker in the watches so far. Till "Knight Rider" it is still some time (watchface already available)
24th August 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 281

581 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolzwurmMarkus

Get a Car with BT and Car Hifi Navigation System with integrated Handsfree, It is available in most cars already,
Otherways get a Parrot Handsfree or a Car radio with Bluetooth, like Kenwood or JVC or any other brand with good car hifi radios.

Also you can buy PMR or LPD WalkiTalkis with VOX function.

How should this work with any Android Wear Device?? There is no speaker in the watches so far. Till "Knight Rider" it is still some time (watchface already available)

The Galaxy Gear 1 has a built in Speaker
25th August 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4

I would love to have this, I go to a lot of car meets with my friends and it would be cool to have some sort of walkie talkie app to talk on.

Cool

Any other senarior you want to use it (walkie talkie over smart watch)?

BTW, Galaxy Gear does have speaker and micphone, so it is possible to have this feature.
25th August 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #7  
Flag near Aachen
Thanks Meter: 12

45 posts
More
We are in the Android Wear Forum, so I was thinking about the 2 Watches available atm. and both have no speaker.

There are also watches available with normal Android and SIM-Slot in it, maybe thats the right choice then. But it is not Android Wear.

Also there are Walkie Talkies available that are "a watch" for small dollars on ebay. But they have no other function at all.
3rd September 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
I'm thinking this will be fixed soon, since I hear android wear has an update coming that has to do with multiple Bluetooth devices, this would allow you to have a Bluetooth headset synced with the watch which is synced with the phone. I think it's mainly for listening to music store on watch

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread