FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

View Poll Results: What is acceptable single charge working time for a smartwatch?

1 Working Day (12 hours)

0 Vote(s)
0%
1 Full Day (24 hours)

2 Vote(s)
28.57%
3 Days (72 hours)

2 Vote(s)
28.57%
1 Week

3 Vote(s)
42.86%
1 Month

0 Vote(s)
0%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] What is acceptable battery life time for a smartwatch?

23rd May 2014, 08:16 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello guys! What is acceptable time for a smartwatch to work on single charge? Please answer!

23rd May 2014, 04:26 PM |#2  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 278

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeeeWhite

Hello guys! What is acceptable time for a smartwatch to work on single charge? Please answer!

Whatever is acceptable for you. I don't have to, but I plug mine in once a day when I charge my phone. Others seem to think they should get a week out of each charge.
23rd May 2014, 08:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
yeah, if you charge it same time with your phone, it's fine. but i was thinking about it and exactly when the phone is on the charger i want to have the smartwatch on my arm, to get any notifications and updates.
19th July 2014, 05:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG Android Wear discharging at same rate as phone
Hi all,

I am using the Note 3 with my LG watch. From 7am to now at 1130am my Note3 is at 74% while the LG is 75%. Both units appear to be discharging at the same rate for me.
I was wondering if this is on par with what others are getting?

Personally I wasn't expecting Android Wear to discharge as fast as this. I was hoping to get at least 2 days before charging, but at this rate I don't think this is possible.
I changed from a Sony Smartwatch2 to this LG. The LG has a much nicer screen, but I was getting a significantly better battery discharge rate on the Sony. In terms of notification experience between the 2 watches I think it has been about the same so far.

What has lured me to the Android Wear is having Google Now and a nicer screen. I am thinking perhaps, this is what is putting addition battery drain on the watch? I really hope future updates will increase battery efficiency on both phone and watch.
21st July 2014, 04:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Update on battery life
Hey Guys,

My LG appears to have settled down now and appears to sip sparingly at it's power supply. Last night it was at 70% before I charged it for the evening. This evening it was at 65%. I suspect it's busier with notifications during a weekday.
Happy with this for now.
22nd July 2014, 05:35 PM |#6  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 28

More
i would say as long as you can do a full 24 hours on a watch, i will be content with it. I have the lg g watch as well as the qualcomm toq(yes i know different os..)and they both last a full day.. my electronics sleep when i sleep. cant ask/need more then that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charging, smartwatch
Previous Thread Next Thread