Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What is acceptable single charge working time for a smartwatch?
1 Working Day (12 hours) 0 0%
1 Full Day (24 hours) 2 28.57%
3 Days (72 hours) 2 28.57%
1 Week 3 42.86%
1 Month 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] What is acceptable battery life time for a smartwatch?

Tip us?

JoeeeWhite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Battery Full [Q] What is acceptable battery life time for a smartwatch?

Hello guys! What is acceptable time for a smartwatch to work on single charge? Please answer!

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeeeWhite View Post
Hello guys! What is acceptable time for a smartwatch to work on single charge? Please answer!
Whatever is acceptable for you. I don't have to, but I plug mine in once a day when I charge my phone. Others seem to think they should get a week out of each charge.

JoeeeWhite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
yeah, if you charge it same time with your phone, it's fine. but i was thinking about it and exactly when the phone is on the charger i want to have the smartwatch on my arm, to get any notifications and updates.

jawis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default LG Android Wear discharging at same rate as phone

Hi all,

I am using the Note 3 with my LG watch. From 7am to now at 1130am my Note3 is at 74% while the LG is 75%. Both units appear to be discharging at the same rate for me.
I was wondering if this is on par with what others are getting?

Personally I wasn't expecting Android Wear to discharge as fast as this. I was hoping to get at least 2 days before charging, but at this rate I don't think this is possible.
I changed from a Sony Smartwatch2 to this LG. The LG has a much nicer screen, but I was getting a significantly better battery discharge rate on the Sony. In terms of notification experience between the 2 watches I think it has been about the same so far.

What has lured me to the Android Wear is having Google Now and a nicer screen. I am thinking perhaps, this is what is putting addition battery drain on the watch? I really hope future updates will increase battery efficiency on both phone and watch.

jawis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update on battery life

Hey Guys,

My LG appears to have settled down now and appears to sip sparingly at it's power supply. Last night it was at 70% before I charged it for the evening. This evening it was at 65%. I suspect it's busier with notifications during a weekday.
Happy with this for now.

chambers7867
Old
Thanks Meter 26
i would say as long as you can do a full 24 hours on a watch, i will be content with it. I have the lg g watch as well as the qualcomm toq(yes i know different os..)and they both last a full day.. my electronics sleep when i sleep. cant ask/need more then that.
Past smart phones:
Audiovox ppc-6700 | Blackberry pearl | Blackberry storm | Blackberry curve 8330 | Blackberry tour | Blackberry storm 2 |Blackberry bold 9650 | Blackberry bold 9900 | Droid | Droid eris | Droid incredible | Samsung fascinate | Samsung galaxy s2 | Iphone 3gs | Iphone 4 | Iphone 4s | IPhone 5 | Motorola Atrix | Samsung focus S | Nokia lumia 900 | Htc One X | Samsung galaxy s3 | HTC 8x | Nexus 4 | HTC one M7 & M8

Current Smart Phones:
Nexus 5
Tags
battery, charging, smartwatch