Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Music Controls Not Working (LG G Watch, Nexus 5, Android L Dev Preview)

Tip us?

Duddyroar
Old
(Last edited by Duddyroar; 8th July 2014 at 04:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Music Controls Not Working (LG G Watch, Nexus 5, Android L Dev Preview)

I've been using the LG G Watch for a while now and I'm really loving it. However, I noticed that the music controls don't seem to work properly.

When I play a track on my Nexus 5 via Google Play, the artwork and title appear on the watch face, but pausing / playing don't work and I can't skip or go back a track, either.

As far as I can see I'm using the latest version of the Google Play Music APK and the watch is running the latest firmware. I've also tried resetting the watch and re-syncing the apps on it.

Another thing to note is that I'm running the Android L Developer Preview - not sure if that makes any difference.

Has anyone else had this issue?

marving11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddyroar View Post
...play a track on my Nexus 5 via Google Play, the artwork and title appear on the watch face, but pausing / playing don't work and I can skip or go back a track, either.
Same exact music issues here. LG G Watch, Google Music v5.6.1609P.1258283, Android L Preview, Nexus 5.

Duddyroar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marving11 View Post
Same exact music issues here. LG G Watch, Google Music v5.6.1609P.1258283, Android L Preview, Nexus 5.
Glad I'm not the only one getting this. Google Music updated today, but the issue is still there.

URPREY
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Same issue here on Google Music, Pocket Casts, and Player.FM - kinda annoying!
OnePlus One..:..64GB Sandstone Black rooted
Nexus 5..:..32GB rooted
Nexus 7 LTE(2013)..:..32GB rooted

Muo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Same here, went back to 4.4.4 as many apps were having this problem (Google Music, Google Movies, Youtube)
E.t60d/SE.T610/SE.w810/SE.g705/SE.X1/D.Streak/S.NS/HTC.HD7/HTC.N1/M.Xoom/S.NS4G/S.Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA?

George_Mn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Same issue for the Samsung Gear Live with Nexus 5 L preview.
Nexus 5

Illford
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same issue here, works on HTC one m8, but not on nexus 5 and 7 running L. I assume its a problem with the way L handles music controls in notifications.

thevoiceless
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Happens to me with Spotify, the notification shows up but the play/pause control doesn't work. Using a Gear Live with a Nexus 4 running CM 10.2.1 (Android 4.3). However, Spotify works perfectly for a friend using a GS4 running KitKat connected to a LG G watch.

thom.android
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got mine today, running Android L preview also and having the same issue. Anyone know of a fix/update on its way perhaps?

thevoiceless
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I do know that persistent/non-cancelable notifications are not mirrored to Wear for ANY app. That's usually the type of notification used to show playback controls, but it doesn't explain why the apps that have been updated don't seem to work correctly.