Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Call without his phone

Tip us?

brotbuexe
Old
Thanks Meter 45
The watch does not show up as a mic in Android BT settings. And I don't know of any BT profile that have audio in without having audio out too.
N5 & N7 2013 Stock, franco Kernel, Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to brotbuexe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotbuexe View Post
The watch does not show up as a mic in Android BT settings. And I don't know of any BT profile that have audio in without having audio out too.
Also headphones is not bluetooth.

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist View Post
Also headphones is not bluetooth.
Hm ok, I only tried it with bluetooth headphones and the watch. That did work, with normal headphones I don't know, sorry.

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
right now if you connect headphones to phone you can hear call audio through headphones but saying anything doesn't work at all, cuz headphones don't have mics.
Or you know, you could get headphones/earphones with a mic...Most phones tend to include a cheap set.

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnus View Post
Or you know, you could get headphones/earphones with a mic...Most phones tend to include a cheap set.
A cheap set, key word here being "cheap", good headphones do not include mics.

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
A cheap set, key word here being "cheap", good headphones do not include mics.
Sure they can. They also make adapters so you can use a microphone with any set of headphones.

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnus View Post
Sure they can. They also make adapters so you can use a microphone with any set of headphones.
I'm very iffy about these kinds of things. I usually use a DAC which is connected to my headphones. Again, the point is not that there are alternates but that this is an option I would like to have, I use very expensive audio gear, I'd hate to ruin that experience with an inline mic-adapter thing (or buy one with good wiring, which would cost reasonable amount of money...etc).

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
I'm very iffy about these kinds of things. I usually use a DAC which is connected to my headphones. Again, the point is not that there are alternates but that this is an option I would like to have, I use very expensive audio gear, I'd hate to ruin that experience with an inline mic-adapter thing (or buy one with good wiring, which would cost reasonable amount of money...etc).
Well aren't you hard to please. With high end audio hardware as you say, I really doubt an adapter or inline microphone is going to be the quality 'bottleneck' (for lack of a better term) when we're talking about a watch or phone...

This is all possible, but I mean...look at the level of development this will take. You'll be changing the fundamental way the watch is meant to function...all so you can use it in a way where there's already existing alternatives (e.g. the tizen galaxy gears). I don't really see anyone tackling this. Voice messaging, sure...but not live access to the mic for two-way communication.

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Is "to look /feel cool" a valid reason then?

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Is "to look /feel cool" a valid reason then?
Sounds like a good enough reason to try it yourself