Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G Watch - "always on" screen flicker in the dark?

Tip us?

joeinbend
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] G Watch - "always on" screen flicker in the dark?

I just got my LG G Watch yesterday, and I noticed last night when you leave it with the "always on" option where it dims the screen way down, that in the dark I can see the screen flickering. I tried all the different brightness levels in Settings to see if that would change it, but does not. Can anyone else confirm this? You'll have to get in pitch black environment to see this.

Also, is there a way to turn off the "shake n wake", where it turns the screen on from motion? I tend to sleep with a watch on, and noticed this watch is very sensitive to (or that I flop around like a fish when I sleep.. that's possible too) motion, and I'd rather be able to set it in "touch to wake" mode.

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinbend View Post
I just got my LG G Watch yesterday, and I noticed last night when you leave it with the "always on" option where it dims the screen way down, that in the dark I can see the screen flickering. I tried all the different brightness levels in Settings to see if that would change it, but does not. Can anyone else confirm this? You'll have to get in pitch black environment to see this.

Also, is there a way to turn off the "shake n wake", where it turns the screen on from motion? I tend to sleep with a watch on, and noticed this watch is very sensitive to (or that I flop around like a fish when I sleep.. that's possible too) motion, and I'd rather be able to set it in "touch to wake" mode.
I haven't noticed any flickering on mine, but I may just not be as sensitive to it. You can disable the 'wake by motion' function by muting the watch. (Pull down from the top of the screen)
The Following User Says Thank You to johnus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bladder61
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnus View Post
I haven't noticed any flickering on mine, but I may just not be as sensitive to it. You can disable the 'wake by motion' function by muting the watch. (Pull down from the top of the screen)
Thanks for the tip on muting to stop the motion sensor from activating the watch. I find it very sensitive and just sitting at my desk working tends to make it constantly wake up. Muting also turns off vibration so I miss when a notification comes to the watch. Maybe in an OS update or possibly a Developer will enhance the settings so you can still get vibration alerts, but turn off motion wake.