Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,139 Members 51,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy gear with Android wear?

Tip us?
 
tenizpr0
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default [Q] Galaxy gear with Android wear?

I am wondering since the original galaxy gear runs a custom skin of android 4.2.2 it leads me to believe that android wear maybe compatible. will custom roms be made for the gear using this rom?
 
frap129
Old
#2  
frap129's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 317
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenizpr0 View Post
I am wondering since the original galaxy gear runs a custom skin of android 4.2.2 it leads me to believe that android wear maybe compatible. will custom roms be made for the gear using this rom?
Or you could just install the Wear launcher/host apk yourself, Although you may loose functionality of camera and other apps as there is no home screen to put icons on.
Galaxy SIII (d2spr): Vanir
 
tenizpr0
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default Doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by frap129 View Post
Or you could just install the Wear launcher/host apk yourself, Although you may loose functionality of camera and other apps as there is no home screen to put icons on.
The Wear launcher/host apk only works on nexus devices ive seen it does not work on the galaxy gear
 
frap129
Old
#4  
frap129's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 317
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenizpr0 View Post
The Wear launcher/host apk only works on nexus devices ive seen it does not work on the galaxy gear
Ive never tried it on the Gear as i dont have one, but ive tried the launcher apk on all of my android devices that are 4.1+ and it works just fine.
Galaxy SIII (d2spr): Vanir
 
tenizpr0
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by frap129 View Post
Ive never tried it on the Gear as i dont have one, but ive tried the launcher apk on all of my android devices that are 4.1+ and it works just fine.
What you are talking about is the GEL which does work on android, but the thing with the gear it is not fully android, so Google search doesn't work and that was why GEL didn't work either. I'm talking about the watch emulator that is in developers hands being ported to the gear
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes