Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy gear with Android wear?

OP tenizpr0

10th April 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I am wondering since the original galaxy gear runs a custom skin of android 4.2.2 it leads me to believe that android wear maybe compatible. will custom roms be made for the gear using this rom?
11th April 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 282

385 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenizpr0

I am wondering since the original galaxy gear runs a custom skin of android 4.2.2 it leads me to believe that android wear maybe compatible. will custom roms be made for the gear using this rom?

Or you could just install the Wear launcher/host apk yourself, Although you may loose functionality of camera and other apps as there is no home screen to put icons on.
19th April 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Doesn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by frap129

Or you could just install the Wear launcher/host apk yourself, Although you may loose functionality of camera and other apps as there is no home screen to put icons on.

The Wear launcher/host apk only works on nexus devices ive seen it does not work on the galaxy gear
19th April 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 282

385 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenizpr0

The Wear launcher/host apk only works on nexus devices ive seen it does not work on the galaxy gear

Ive never tried it on the Gear as i dont have one, but ive tried the launcher apk on all of my android devices that are 4.1+ and it works just fine.
20th April 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frap129

Ive never tried it on the Gear as i dont have one, but ive tried the launcher apk on all of my android devices that are 4.1+ and it works just fine.

What you are talking about is the GEL which does work on android, but the thing with the gear it is not fully android, so Google search doesn't work and that was why GEL didn't work either. I'm talking about the watch emulator that is in developers hands being ported to the gear
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread