18th August 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys, sorry if it has been asked already

I'm wondering if I should by a Gear 2 or a live .
I think I might be interrested to place and respond to some calls on my watch but I'm not totally sure also.
On the other hand, I found the live interface a little bit too annoying. Don't really a big fan of swiping the cards and go through everyone one of them to find your stuff.

I probably don't have a good understaning of how these watches are working , that might be the problem.

Thanks in advance guys.
18th August 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

493 posts
Sounds like you already answered your own question.
May like to answer calls at the watch, do not like cards but I am not going to tell you what to buy.

Being stuck with Samsung devices (non Samsung Devices are only partly functional), and Tizen I would never buy a Gear 2.
I like the always on display of the Gear Live, hate the Gear 2 battery life.
I like the idea Android Wear can not be customized (add Samsung bloat), and there are 3 soon to be 4 manufacturers

Honestly at this point if it would not kill me to wait for a few weeks I be tempted to see if the Moto-360 lives up to the hype.
The Following User Says Thank You to AstroDigital For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDigital

Sounds like you already answered your own question.
May like to answer calls at the watch, do not like cards but I am not going to tell you what to buy.

Being stuck with Samsung devices (non Samsung Devices are only partly functional), and Tizen I would never buy a Gear 2.
I like the always on display of the Gear Live, hate the Gear 2 battery life.
I like the idea Android Wear can not be customized (add Samsung bloat), and there are 3 soon to be 4 manufacturers

Honestly at this point if it would not kill me to wait for a few weeks I be tempted to see if the Moto-360 lives up to the hype.

Yep that's a good point ! And I think you helped me a lot with your honesty.
I was not thinking indeed Tizen vs Android.

The Moto 360 is very tempting but I think the price will be too high for me.

Another question if I may, has anyone tried to use the Gear Live with a phone that has a passcode on it ? (a real passcode with 8 characters, not a pin).
I'm asking that because I have one from work which has Maas 360 installed on it and it's something I can't remove.

Thanks again
21st September 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 9,913

11,276 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,

For device comparisons, please go to this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229761. I will have to close this one.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread