FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Wear app won't pair - Acts as though watch already connected

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By kaise123, Junior Member on 17th January 2016, 05:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've tried looking everywhere but haven't been able to find anyone with this issue. I have a fresh install of Resurrection Remix Marshmallow on my Galaxy S 5, and I have factory reset my Gear Live. When I download and open the Android Wear app, it acts as though there is already a watch paired, but has no information on it. Resetting the app, google play services, clearing caches and reinstalling has not fixed this issue. The app does not come up with the welcome screen, just goes straight to the screen as in the attatched image, with no way to pair a watch.

Anyone able to help here? Next step is to reinstall the ROM, but I want to check there's no simple solution first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160117-161909.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	3612785  
Last edited by kaise123; 17th January 2016 at 06:01 AM.

14th March 2016, 08:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is your Gear Live up to date? Did you check, if there is newest firmware for it? Maybe there is update, which you should force your Android Wear app with?
17th March 2016, 07:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Uninstall Android and reinstall. Takes care of that occasional problem for me.
19th July 2016, 02:50 PM |#4  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 16

More
On the watch:

Settings, Un-pair with phone. (Old release of AW may say Factory reset.)
Do not set up the watch yet.

On the phone:
In Android Wear use the Disconnect... option.
In Android Wear, use Settings, Device settings and touch the watch name, Touch FORGET WATCH.
Settings, Bluetooth. If you still see the watch, touch Forget... the watch so it no longer appears in the list of paired devices.
Settings, Device, Apps, select Google Play Services. Clear cache and Clear data. Uninstall updates.
Settings, Device, Apps, select Google App. Clear cache and Clear data. Also Uninstall updates.
Settings, Device, Apps, select Android Wear. Clear cache and Clear data. Also Uninstall updates.
Play Store, Apps, My apps, touch the Update all button.

Let all updates complete. This may take several hours. The best thing to do is to put your phone on its charger overnight, with the phone having a steady WiFi Internet connection. Double check the next morning by going to My Apps again.

Reboot.

Now set up the watch as if you had just un-boxed it.

Let all updates complete. This may take an hour or so. If your watch is one or more major releases behind it may take several hours. The best thing to do is to put your watch on its charger next to your phone on its charger, with the phone having a steady WiFi Internet connection.

Reboot watch and phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)