Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to use Android Wear for Android L's "Trusted Environment" feature?

Tip us?

NotOnix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to use Android Wear for Android L's "Trusted Environment" feature?

In I/O 2014, some guy (inb4rapedforsaying"someguy") demonstrated the trusted environment feature on Android L, I got my hands on a Samsung Gear Live recently and I would like to know how I can use trusted environment to unlock my device without a pattern.

InGeNeTiCs
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotOnix View Post
In I/O 2014, some guy (inb4rapedforsaying"someguy") demonstrated the trusted environment feature on Android L, I got my hands on a Samsung Gear Live recently and I would like to know how I can use trusted environment to unlock my device without a pattern.
Unfortunately, a lot of the really cool features in android L are absent from the developer preview. All of the updated apps are missing, as well as the feature you speak of..etc. They didn't mention if they would update the developer preview(like apple does), or if they would just let it go until it's ready for primetime, so nobody really knows what will happen just yet. I'd love to see an update to the developer preview, but if you look at it from google's point of view, the environment is stable enough to develop software on(for most), so that should be more than enough as a preview build.
HomeWork

Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget