5,814,797 Members 51,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android wear taking up battery randomly?

Tip us?

JoeFCaputo113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,721

DONATE TO ME
Default Android wear taking up battery randomly?

This randomly happen to anyone else? Just happened to me randomly about a hour or two ago... Before that it didn't appear to take up any battery. Any idea of to stop/resolve this?

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Samsung Gear Live
Stock Everything

Previously Joe0113

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
This randomly happen to anyone else? Just happened to me randomly about a hour or two ago... Before that it didn't appear to take up any battery. Any idea of to stop/resolve this?

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
YES. And this yet another thread about it, there's already a dozen of them. It has something to do with the apps installed on the watch as it doesn't happen when the watch is completely on stock. I believe this happens to everyone who got any apps installed and it happens more often the more apps you have. It usually resolves itself after restarting both watch and phone, if not try deleting certain apps. This is probably a bug in the android wear system as it happens with almost every app which connects to the phone. Nothing you can do about this atm really..
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]