Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G Watch Timer Doesn't Work?

Tip us?

weareborg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default LG G Watch Timer Doesn't Work?

Hi folks, Have my watch about 36 hours now. Out of the gate the timer function simply does not work. I say "Set a Timer for 5 minutes" it just brings up the alarm dialogue, where I can select an alarm time. The timer itself DOES work when I double tap, swipe up and then manually select timer.
Every other function, voice or not, seems to work fine.
But the fact that the timer doesn't work is baffling and a big hinderance to me, not to be able to use it by voice. I relied heavily on the multi timer app on my Pebble.
Don't know yet if it is an LG issue, an Android Wear issue or the fact that my phone is a Samsung Note 3, running 4.3.
I've rebooted it a couple of times, but timer simply doesn't work by voice on my unit.
Any advice appreciated?!

mward7221
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareborg View Post
Hi folks, Have my watch about 36 hours now. Out of the gate the timer function simply does not work. I say "Set a Timer for 5 minutes" it just brings up the alarm dialogue, where I can select an alarm time. The timer itself DOES work when I double tap, swipe up and then manually select timer.
Every other function, voice or not, seems to work fine.
But the fact that the timer doesn't work is baffling and a big hinderance to me, not to be able to use it by voice. I relied heavily on the multi timer app on my Pebble.
Don't know yet if it is an LG issue, an Android Wear issue or the fact that my phone is a Samsung Note 3, running 4.3.
I've rebooted it a couple of times, but timer simply doesn't work by voice on my unit.
Any advice appreciated?!
I have a Moto X with 4.4.3 and it works fine. Wish I could be of more help but it does work fine on mine. You're not running a custom ROM by chance?

pjnola
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareborg View Post
Hi folks, Have my watch about 36 hours now. Out of the gate the timer function simply does not work. I say "Set a Timer for 5 minutes" it just brings up the alarm dialogue, where I can select an alarm time.
Any advice appreciated?!
I'm having the same problem. I have the Samsung Gear Live paired with a Galaxy Nexus. I believe it is actually a problem with the phone. I paired the watch with my 2012 Nexus 7 and the "set a timer" function works fine. Also, I can't set a timer on the phone itself using Google Now voice commands -- it tries to set an alarm there, also.

Wubdidu
Old
(Last edited by Wubdidu; 11th July 2014 at 10:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Same issue for me... Samsung Gear Live and a Nexus 5. It worked fine some hours ago, now everything like "set a timer to ..." or "set stopwatch to ..." brings up the alarm dialog. Restarting the phone and watch didn't help, neither did syncing the wear apps.

Really annoying since this is one of the features I actually use often.

I asked a friend to check if it works if he tries it with Google Now on his phone, since it DOES work on his Gear Live. Funnily, this broke the functionality on his watch too, so better don't tell your friends, seems to be a Virus distributed by chat

(this is for the german version "Setze einen Timer auf X Minuten", like it is suggested in the watch itself)

Edit:
http://www.androidcentral.com/ok-goo...lly-sets-timer
It seems like this is actually controlled server-side at Google - maybe its just an issue with some of their server nodes?
Google Nexus 5, Sony Xperia T, Motorola Moto G
Google Nexus 7 3G, Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G
Samsung Gear Live, LG G Watch

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubdidu View Post
Same issue for me... Samsung Gear Live and a Nexus 5. It worked fine some hours ago, now everything like "set a timer to ..." or "set stopwatch to ..." brings up the alarm dialog. Restarting the phone and watch didn't help, neither did syncing the wear apps.

Really annoying since this is one of the features I actually use often.

I asked a friend to check if it works if he tries it with Google Now on his phone, since it DOES work on his Gear Live. Funnily, this broke the functionality on his watch too, so better don't tell your friends, seems to be a Virus distributed by chat

(this is for the german version "Setze einen Timer auf X Minuten", like it is suggested in the watch itself)

Edit:
http://www.androidcentral.com/ok-goo...lly-sets-timer
It seems like this is actually controlled server-side at Google - maybe its just an issue with some of their server nodes?
As seen by that androidcentral article they FINALLY fixed that idiocy not too long back, but it's a bit hit-and-miss. For one thing, Android-L dev preview bugwatch has a bug (with a reasonable amount of stars iirc) that says that in L-dev-preview this behaviour is reversed, leading me to believe it at least is SOMEWHAT controlled by the phone/OS version etc?

Not sure though...all you guys who are facing this issue on the WATCH, do you also consistently face same issue on the PHONE that it's tethered to? (I'm guessing this is a yes), are any of you using android-L dev-preview?