Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone and Android Wear/ Other device pairing

Tip us?

ubcjack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Phone and Android Wear/ Other device pairing

Hi,

Does anyone know if the phone can be paired to other devices at the same time pared with Android Wear?

For example, if you are streaming music to car BT module from phone, can you still do navigation/music control on your Android wear?

Thanks.

Daegalus
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Yes you can. I had my gear live paired, and had normal BT with my car, with my google glass, and other devices just fine. I believe android wear pairing is BT Low Energy, so it might be on different channels and can be paired differently so it doesn't interfere.

Karthickgandhi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubcjack View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if the phone can be paired to other devices at the same time pared with Android Wear?

For example, if you are streaming music to car BT module from phone, can you still do navigation/music control on your Android wear?

Thanks.
Yes u can use it at the same time.

sprinttouch666
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
Yes you can. I had my gear live paired, and had normal BT with my car, with my google glass, and other devices just fine. I believe android wear pairing is BT Low Energy, so it might be on different channels and can be paired differently so it doesn't interfere.
Yeah, I can confirm the same for the G Watch.

But I don't think it has anything to do with Bluetooth Low Energy. I have a pair of old bluetooth 2.0 headphones that can be paired to multiple devices at once.