Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Running Sync Loop

Tip us?

Kennedy808
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have a Note 3 running CM 11 M8, and mine always says "Connected, running sync loop." I've never seen it say anything else.

I was off charger for roughly 12 hours today, and it dropped all the way down to about 8% battery left. I'll try restarting the watch to see if it does better tomorrow.

thevoiceless
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I just realized I never posted anything about my battery life: My gear live is usually at ~60% by the end of the day, and I haven't noticed any real impact on the battery of my Nexus 4.

droid4core
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just noticed that my lg g watch is doing this on my nexus 5. I never saw it on the android l developer preview or stock 4.4.4. The first time I saw it was when I installed cyanogen mod yesterday. I can't say my battery life it horrible but it does seem like it is having trouble syncing apps and controlling music at some points

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceless View Post
I just realized I never posted anything about my battery life: My gear live is usually at ~60% by the end of the day, and I haven't noticed any real impact on the battery of my Nexus 4.
Why post this here?? There are threads for this for each watch.
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you

thevoiceless
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash View Post
Why post this here?? There are threads for this for each watch.
Because the very first post in this thread mentions the impact on battery life...

dmo580
Old
Thanks Meter 566
I was using Android Wear on my OnePlus One with CM11S (stock). Never saw this message until I wiped the phone and install CM11 Nightlies. Now I see it.

Today's the first day with the "Sync loop" message, but battery drain is negligible. BTW, Android Wear takes quite a bit of battery. The BT connection causes wakelocks, and even if BT 4.0 is low power, there's no way my OnePlus one is getting the ~0.8-0.9% drain per hour it was before.

Its hard to separate the its Android Wear alone or the new OK Google everywhere. Both seem to have a noticeable impact, but I have yet to test them individually to get exact numbers. I can say that the week where I went turning on bluetooth only during hte day and night (leaving my watch as a dumb step counter) resulted in better battery life on my phone. I rarely use my watch as a real notification mirror anyway. I find it far too annoying buzzing every Hangouts message (I know about mute, but if I do so, I can never see my messages then)
Current:
OnePlus One | CM 11S | Nexus 5 | crDroid for Nexus 5

Legacy Devices:
LG Nexus 4 | CM 11 Nightlies | Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies | Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 11 Nightlies | HP TouchPad | CM 11 Nightly 06072014 | Nexus S i9020a | CM 11 Nightlies | Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing

compchick813
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I know this is a little old but I just got my gear live a week ago. I don't remember seeing this on the L preview but I've been seeing "running sync loop" since switching back to CM 11 a few days ago. I also think bluetooth is disconnecting randomly, which has also happened in my car from time to time for a while now (while on CM 11).