NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Step Counter - Any way to save data?

OP Rob1968

5th July 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Each Android Wear smartwatch has a step counter built in, which is cool. It keeps your history, but from what I can tell the data isn't saved anywhere. I used my G Watch for a few days, then applied a factory reset. My history was completely gone and it started over again. Is there a way to save this data? Does anyone know if Runtastic or Runkeeper does? I presume the data will eventually be part of Google Fit, but I would like to save the data now.
5th July 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

170 posts
4sx saysxxx
7th July 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968

Each Android Wear smartwatch has a step counter built in, which is cool. It keeps your history, but from what I can tell the data isn't saved anywhere. I used my G Watch for a few days, then applied a factory reset. My history was completely gone and it started over again. Is there a way to save this data? Does anyone know if Runtastic or Runkeeper does? I presume the data will eventually be part of Google Fit, but I would like to save the data now.

I'm also interested in saving this data programmatically. I'm writing an application that will save this data to the server and then combine it with some other analytics. Maybe we can access SQLite to get that data? Does anybody know?
The Following User Says Thank You to maksimu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

4 posts
More
Hey guys,

I just published an application that can export the data into a CSV file, as well as count the amount of time that you are walking for (in addition to just the steps). You can find it here:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sm.stepsassistant

Let me know if there are any bugs!
Also, it was *just* published, so if it isn't visible yet, it will be soon.
Last edited by RogueBaneling; 8th July 2014 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Fixing formatting
The Following User Says Thank You to RogueBaneling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag Fairfield
Thanks Meter: 30

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
don't have my watch yet but downloading your app for when I do! thanks!!!
8th July 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 56

181 posts
More
i would imagine apps like myfitnesspal should add support for this very shortly...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android wear, pedometer, step counter
Previous Thread Next Thread