Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Step Counter - Any way to save data?

Tip us?

Rob1968
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Step Counter - Any way to save data?

Each Android Wear smartwatch has a step counter built in, which is cool. It keeps your history, but from what I can tell the data isn't saved anywhere. I used my G Watch for a few days, then applied a factory reset. My history was completely gone and it started over again. Is there a way to save this data? Does anyone know if Runtastic or Runkeeper does? I presume the data will eventually be part of Google Fit, but I would like to save the data now.

knaries2000
Old
Thanks Meter 13
4sx saysxxx

maksimu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
Each Android Wear smartwatch has a step counter built in, which is cool. It keeps your history, but from what I can tell the data isn't saved anywhere. I used my G Watch for a few days, then applied a factory reset. My history was completely gone and it started over again. Is there a way to save this data? Does anyone know if Runtastic or Runkeeper does? I presume the data will eventually be part of Google Fit, but I would like to save the data now.
I'm also interested in saving this data programmatically. I'm writing an application that will save this data to the server and then combine it with some other analytics. Maybe we can access SQLite to get that data? Does anybody know?
The Following User Says Thank You to maksimu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RogueBaneling
Old
(Last edited by RogueBaneling; 8th July 2014 at 03:31 AM.) Reason: Fixing formatting
Thanks Meter 5
Hey guys,

I just published an application that can export the data into a CSV file, as well as count the amount of time that you are walking for (in addition to just the steps). You can find it here:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sm.stepsassistant

Let me know if there are any bugs!
Also, it was *just* published, so if it isn't visible yet, it will be soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to RogueBaneling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glitchhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 18
don't have my watch yet but downloading your app for when I do! thanks!!!

indianajonze
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i would imagine apps like myfitnesspal should add support for this very shortly...
Tags
android wear, pedometer, step counter