5,815,133 Members 38,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there any way to open hangouts?

Tip us?
 
klubhead
Old
#1  
klubhead's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 223
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Is there any way to open hangouts?

As in scroll recent list of messages? Sometimes I'll swipe away a notification and there's no way to bring it back up.. same with emails (not gmail, the actual mail app). As far as I know there's no way to bring it back.

Anyone know of a way or a 3rd party app?
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB AT&T
Root Method:
Recovery:
Kernel:
Rom:
 
spiderflash
Old
#2  
spiderflash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 316
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
As in scroll recent list of messages? Sometimes I'll swipe away a notification and there's no way to bring it back up.. same with emails (not gmail, the actual mail app). As far as I know there's no way to bring it back.

Anyone know of a way or a 3rd party app?
Why would you want to open hangouts on the watch? it only shows you the latest hangout anyway..
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:
 
LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you
 
klubhead
Old
#3  
klubhead's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 223
Join Date: Nov 2007
basically i'm looking for a way to open recent notifications but what i would like is a way to open apps like hangouts or email, so even old messages can be opened and answered to.
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB AT&T
Root Method:
Recovery:
Kernel:
Rom:
 
spiderflash
Old
#4  
spiderflash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 316
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
basically i'm looking for a way to open recent notifications but what i would like is a way to open apps like hangouts or email, so even old messages can be opened and answered to.
In order for that to work you would have to bring back the notification on the phone. Not sure how you would do that...
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:
 
LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you
 
tu3218
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 2,507
Join Date: Apr 2009
I'd like to be able to open hangouts as well. I don't think you really need the notification back, you just want access to the messages. That'd be awesome.
 
spiderflash
Old
#6  
spiderflash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 316
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
I'd like to be able to open hangouts as well. I don't think you really need the notification back, you just want access to the messages. That'd be awesome.
If you use hangouts just for sms you can try wear messenger. You can see all your sms conversations there. If you use hangouts for, well, hangouts then there's no way to do that currently.
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:
 
LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you
 
tu3218
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 2,507
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash View Post
If you use hangouts just for sms you can try wear messenger. You can see all your sms conversations there. If you use hangouts for, well, hangouts then there's no way to do that currently.
okay thanks. Yeah, I use it just for sms so I'll check that out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes