[APP][2.2+] Aldiko Sync

Search This thread

Silentgray

Apr 17, 2011
I am running CM12 Nightlies from Euroskank and Sync wont see root. Typically when you try and run a program that needs root you get a popup asking to allow root. I am not getting the popup for Aldiko Sync. In the window, it says requesting super user access but a prompt to allow super user never appears. Any help would be appreciated.

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
I am running CM12 Nightlies from Euroskank and Sync wont see root. Typically when you try and run a program that needs root you get a popup asking to allow root. I am not getting the popup for Aldiko Sync. In the window, it says requesting super user access but a prompt to allow super user never appears. Any help would be appreciated.

What super user app are you using? Is CM12 based on Android L? Can you check if the sync app has an entry in the super user app? If so, try removing the entry, rebooting the device, and then do a manual sync.

If none of that works, please send me a report from the device (Settings -> Report Issue) after a sync has failed.

Silentgray

Apr 17, 2011
What super user app are you using? Is CM12 based on Android L? Can you check if the sync app has an entry in the super user app? If so, try removing the entry, rebooting the device, and then do a manual sync.

If none of that works, please send me a report from the device (Settings -> Report Issue) after a sync has failed.
Looks like it is # Superuser. Its the one that is typically installed with Cyanogenmod. CM12 is based off of Android L (5.0.2). There is no entry in the Superuser app and i think this is where the issue comes from.

Sent Report about 12:43 pm CST.

Thanks for getting back to me.

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Looks like it is # Superuser. Its the one that is typically installed with Cyanogenmod. CM12 is based off of Android L (5.0.2). There is no entry in the Superuser app and i think this is where the issue comes from.

Sent Report about 12:43 pm CST.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you try using chainfires super user app instead, and let me know if that works? I believe I just heard from one other user having a similar issue. If that works, I'll have to figure out what is causing the incompatibility.

Thanks.

Silentgray

Apr 17, 2011
Ya that seems to work just fine with SuperSU. Looks like its an issue with Superuser either by ClockworkMod or ChainsDD not sure which one CM uses. My guess would ClockworkMod.

Thanks.

Klausi

Aug 30, 2004
Black Forrest, Germany
I updated my nexus 7 with the first nightly of CM12. Everything is working fine except Aldiko Sync which is no longer able to gain super user access. All other apps who need root asked for su access and are working fine.

Any advice on this?

Thank you,
Cheers
Klaus

Attachments

• 1420622994123.jpg
    1420622994123.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 28

toto2700

Mar 18, 2013
I cannot log into my dropbox account on N8020 with stock ROM 4.4.2. But everything works fine on my phone I9300 with CM12. why? (both device are rooted)

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
I cannot log into my dropbox account on N8020 with stock ROM 4.4.2. But everything works fine on my phone I9300 with CM12. why? (both device are rooted)

I am not sure. Something must have changed on the Dropbox site. I will look into this over the weekend, because I have had a couple of other similar reports from other users.

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
New version

New version that fixes issues with Dropbox login and acquiring root on devices with CM 12 posted.

First post updated with details.

uberSkeptic

Oct 16, 2013
Icon never hides on unsuccessful sync on Lollipop, regardless of the option in settings. A minor grow for an otherwise great program!

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Icon never hides on unsuccessful sync on Lollipop, regardless of the option in settings. A minor grow for an otherwise great program!

This is intentional to tell the user that there's a pending sync. However, you should be able to clear the icon from the bar, if you have the hide option enabled in the settings.

If that is not working, please send me a report from within the sync app, and reference this conversation so I can look into it further.

Thanks.

Michael833

Jun 29, 2008
The Hague
Just loaded Viper 4.1.0 (Lollipop) on ny M8. So far I haven't been able to sync at all. It keeps asking if I'm rooted. I'm using the ROMs stock SU utility. Any thoughts on why this might be?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

uberSkeptic

Oct 16, 2013
Hi there! Before I make a feature request, I really want to reiterate just how much I love your app: I use it all the time, across a number of devices, and I have for years now. In fact, the unlocker is actually the first app I ever spent money on and I recommend it to anyone and everyone I know. So, please, please PLEASE don't take my request for a feature (and a nebulous, unspecific request at that) for a complaint. Far from it. Same goes for the error I posted; really just reporting rather than complaining.

In any case, I'll get to my point: I've been having what seems to be a new (or at least hard to find via Google searching) issue with syncing. The problem is with one specific book, Michael Lewis' "Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt." First of all, I want to make clear that I do LEGITIMATELY own a copy of this book. It may not have originally been in .epub form and ready for Aldiko, but I own the digital rights to my copy of this book and as far as I can tell from the agreement I made in purchasing it, there is no stipulation against what type of reader/file the book must be read on/take the shape of. Apparently, however, someone (his publisher, most likely) has a web-crawler looking for copies of it sitting out there on the internet, and it's been flagged as a DMCA violation. The interesting thing about this is that without Aldiko Sync, I would never have known it was flagged at all! I can download it from the website and the Android client manually no problem, and Dropbox didn't send me a message or anything.

The biggest part of this problem is that once it reaches this point in the sync, this error stops the sync cold - it doesn't just skip over the book and continue on, it stops dead in its tracks and despite the fact that I do actually legitimately own the book Here's the specific error I get: dropboxserverexception (nginx) 461 Lewis, Michael DMCA takedown notice.

Now, what I'm wondering is whether there's a way I can encrypt or otherwise privatize my collection so that publishing houses don't have the power to abuse the DMCA in this way - and if not, whether you would consider building one into Aldiko Sync.

I realize this is controversial, and a big ask in general, but the fact of the matter is that I should be able to keep a digital copy of a book I own sync'ed across the devices I use to read it. Is that really so much to ask? (A rhetorical question for whichever party it was that issued the takedown notice, not one aimed at you, the hardworking developer).

In any case, I apologize for the long post and appreciate not only your time reading my rant, but all the time you have (and continue) to put into a wonderful program.

Thanks again!

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Hi there! Before I make a feature request, I really want to reiterate just how much I love your app: I use it all the time, across a number of devices, and I have for years now. In fact, the unlocker is actually the first app I ever spent money on and I recommend it to anyone and everyone I know. So, please, please PLEASE don't take my request for a feature (and a nebulous, unspecific request at that) for a complaint. Far from it. Same goes for the error I posted; really just reporting rather than complaining.

In any case, I'll get to my point: I've been having what seems to be a new (or at least hard to find via Google searching) issue with syncing. The problem is with one specific book, Michael Lewis' "Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt." First of all, I want to make clear that I do LEGITIMATELY own a copy of this book. It may not have originally been in .epub form and ready for Aldiko, but I own the digital rights to my copy of this book and as far as I can tell from the agreement I made in purchasing it, there is no stipulation against what type of reader/file the book must be read on/take the shape of. Apparently, however, someone (his publisher, most likely) has a web-crawler looking for copies of it sitting out there on the internet, and it's been flagged as a DMCA violation. The interesting thing about this is that without Aldiko Sync, I would never have known it was flagged at all! I can download it from the website and the Android client manually no problem, and Dropbox didn't send me a message or anything.

The biggest part of this problem is that once it reaches this point in the sync, this error stops the sync cold - it doesn't just skip over the book and continue on, it stops dead in its tracks and despite the fact that I do actually legitimately own the book Here's the specific error I get: dropboxserverexception (nginx) 461 Lewis, Michael DMCA takedown notice.

Now, what I'm wondering is whether there's a way I can encrypt or otherwise privatize my collection so that publishing houses don't have the power to abuse the DMCA in this way - and if not, whether you would consider building one into Aldiko Sync.

I realize this is controversial, and a big ask in general, but the fact of the matter is that I should be able to keep a digital copy of a book I own sync'ed across the devices I use to read it. Is that really so much to ask? (A rhetorical question for whichever party it was that issued the takedown notice, not one aimed at you, the hardworking developer).

In any case, I apologize for the long post and appreciate not only your time reading my rant, but all the time you have (and continue) to put into a wonderful program.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Can you please send me a report from within the sync app with the log showing the error, so I can look into this further and help you?

Thanks.

njay22

Aug 11, 2006
Encryption

I also logged back into xda after ages for the same reason as above - to request the addition of encryption to Aldiko sync. I purchased some books online and now I am getting the DMCA violation error - most likely because DMCA has requested dropbox to restrict user's access to certain filenames.

This stops Aldiko sync from working so please look into already atleast encrypting the filenames if not the entire file.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/dropbo...sonal-folders-but-fears-are-vastly-overblown/

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
I also logged back into xda after ages for the same reason as above - to request the addition of encryption to Aldiko sync. I purchased some books online and now I am getting the DMCA violation error - most likely because DMCA has requested dropbox to restrict user's access to certain filenames.

This stops Aldiko sync from working so please look into already atleast encrypting the filenames if not the entire file.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/dropbo...sonal-folders-but-fears-are-vastly-overblown/

Hi,

I'd like to start an email thread with you discussing this issue. Can you please send me a report from within the sync app that shows the error?

Thanks.

njay22

Aug 11, 2006
Unfortunately, I deleted the dropbox folder and re-synched and it worked.

Happy to get in touch with you if same problem happens again or if you think the log file on my device will give you some hints. Via PM is fine..whatever is easiest for you.

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Unfortunately, I deleted the dropbox folder and re-synched and it worked.

Happy to get in touch with you if same problem happens again or if you think the log file on my device will give you some hints. Via PM is fine..whatever is easiest for you.

That is unfortunate. If it ever happens again, please send me a report so I can investigate and figure out what's going on.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm an avid user of the Aldiko eBook reader app and recently got myself a tablet. Naturally, I wanted to be able to read my books on my phone and the tablet. I hoped there would be something that would allow me to easily do this, but I only found a stale thread on the Aldiko support site that said they would support this feature sometime in the future.

Therefore, I present to you, my first Android app, Aldiko Sync that allows you to sync both your books and bookmarks across various Android powered devices.

** Note **

The app requires a rooted device to work with Aldiko v2.2.0+. This is because Aldiko no longer allows other apps access to its database.

** Note **

Requirements:
    • Android 2.2+
    • Aldiko 2.0.2+ (Free or Premium)
    • Rooted device (Aldiko 2.2.0+)
    • Dropbox account
    Features:
    • Synchronizes eBooks across devices (including addition of new books and deletion of old books)
    • Synchronizes your position in each eBook across devices.
    • Pro Version: Fully automatic sync.
    • Pro Version: Faster sync check for changes on Dropbox.
    • Pro Version: Trigger sync from an external application (like a Tasker/Locale plugin).
    • Ability to store deleted books in a separate "TrashCan" folder on Dropbox in case you want to retrieve it at a later date.
    • Ability to always sync to furthest read point (like the Kindle).
    Current Limitations:

• User defined bookmarks are not synced across devices.
    Now available on the market:

FAQ:

• Will books that I add directly to Dropbox be synced to my devices?
      • No, they won't. My sync app synchronizes books in the Aldiko library between devices, using Dropbox as a storage location.

I'd love to be able to add books directly to the Aldiko library as they are added to Dropbox but its not an easy task. Unfortunately, Aldiko doesn't expose any means to import books without user interaction. The import process is crucial because thumbnails and cover images are generated only during the import process. My sync app gets around this problem by just shuffling the images around to various devices once they have been created by the import process on one device.

One way to work around this limitation is to use the Dropbox PC and Android apps to keep the non imported books in sync between the PC and Android device by having them in a separate shared folder. Once the book is on the device, its fairly easy to import it into Aldiko. Once its in the library, my sync app will take care of the rest.
    • Sync is broken, and I don't want to root my device. What do I do?
    • Why is a sync operation started when I unlock my device?
      • A sync is performed on device unlock to sync down changes made to the Aldiko library by other devices.

The idea is to have all changes synced down to the device before Aldiko is opened. Ideally, this would be performed just before a book is opened in Aldiko. However, since the sync functionality is not built into Aldiko, this was the best method I could come up with to ensure the library was always kept in sync.
    • Why was the "Hide Status Icon" behavior changed?
      • Due to the way Aldiko is designed, a sync operation is not guaranteed to succeed if Aldiko is opened before it is complete. The icon is a an indication that its not "safe" to open Aldiko yet.
    • Why are changes made to a book on my device not propagating correctly to the other?
      • The most common reason for this is that one or more of the devices do not have the date/time set correctly. Having incorrect time settings on a device will cause sync to behave erratically.
      • The other reason could be that the "Sync To Furthest Point" is not consistently set across all devices.
    • How do I safely transfer my Aldiko Sync settings to another device (with Titanium Backup or similar apps)?
      1. Turn off automatic sync on the device before backup.
      2. Restore on new device (app + data).
      3. Open sync app, click on Settings -> Reset State and enable automatic sync.
      4. Run a manual sync operation to ensure all books are synced down to the new device correctly.
    • How do I recover books from the TrashCan folder into Aldiko?
      1. From the device, use a brower or the Dropbox app to log into the Dropbox account.
      2. Navigate to the book in the TrashCan folder.
      3. Download the book to the device. The thumbnail/cover images are not needed.
      4. Import the downloaded book into the Aldiko library.
      5. Open the sync app and click on the Sync button to sync the "new" book to Dropbox.
      6. Delete the folder that contains the book from the TrashCan folder on Dropbox.
    • How do I trigger a sync with Tasker?
      • This feature is available in the Pro Version.

Tasker allows you to have finer control over when a sync is triggered. Note that when a sync is triggered this way, the "Optimize Network Traffic" feature is disabled.

To trigger a sync with Tasker, you send commands to the app using a Tasker Action Intent.
        When Tasker presents its list of Actions, select Misc Action, then Action Intent.
        When tasker prompts for the 'Action', enter com.ucr.aldikosync.triggersync
        The Category should remain at its default of None, and the optional Data field should be left blank.The Extra fields should also be left blank.
        The Target field should remain at its default of Broadcast Receiver.
    New Features:

• Migrate Dropbox interface to new API, as the older version will be disabled on 28-Jun-2017.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue introduced with previous version on CyanogenMod ROM's.
      • Improve root acquisition compatibility.
      • Fix issue introduced in previous release: Sync waiting forever while acquiring root the very first time after install/upgrade on devices with Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) and later.
      • Fix issue with acquiring root privileges on certain devices with Android OS 5.1.1 and later.
      • Updated app to fix issues on Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow)
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with Drobox login form.
      • Android OS 2.1 (Eclair) no longer supported.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with acquiring root on devices with CyanogenMod 12 ROM.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with Dropbox login form.
      • Updated app to fix issues on Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop)
      • Bug-Fix: Fix connection issue with Dropbox servers.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix sync issues on certain rooted Samsung devices with custom ROM's.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix sync not triggering when key guard was disabled on devices with Android OS 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or earlier.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix compatibility issue with Android OS 4.4 (KitKat)
      • Bug-Fix: Fix incompatibility issue on rooted MotoX and MotoG devices with Aldiko 2.2.0+.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix occasional failure to detect the existence of Aldiko's database on rooted devices during the sync app's first run.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix compatibility issue with databases created with Aldiko 3.0.2.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix for occasional crashes reported when showing warning dialog boxes.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix crash when trying to launch Aldiko from within the sync app due to corrupted Aldiko install.
      • Support for Dropbox's two-factor authentication.
      • Updated app to fix issues on Android OS 4.3 (JellyBean MR2)
      • Bug-Fix: Updated fix for Dropbox login form issue. Ensure form doesn't "freeze" if wrong data is entered the first time.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix occasional one-time crash on startup when app was upgraded/installed.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix occasional crash on service restart.
      • Add ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission. Root is required if device has Aldiko 2.2.0 or later versions installed.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with Dropbox login form on Gingerbread devices.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with Dropbox login form on some devices.
      • Add support for Aldiko 2.2.3.
      • Add instructions for downgrading to Aldiko 2.1.0 if device cannot be rooted.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix occasional crash when the initial message dialog was dismissed.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix occasional crash when Dropbox login form was shown.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix automatic sync not triggering reliably on quitting Aldiko on Android OS 4.1 (Jelly Bean) on some devices.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix automatic sync being deactivated under certain circumstances when either the sync app or Aldiko was updated.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix initial notification popup not being shown when Aldiko was quit with the "Home" key.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix network connection leak issue with the Dropbox API.
      • Display a one-time message explaining the rooted device requirement if Aldiko 2.2.0+ is installed on the device.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix notification popup always being shown on Android OS 4.2 (Jelly Bean MR1)
      • Bug-Fix: Fix occasional crash after Dropbox login was completed.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix "application not responding" issue on rooted Android OS 4.1 (Jelly Bean) devices if user did not respond to the super user request in a timely manner.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix main window sometimes being shown along with the notification on Android OS 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with Dropbox login not working correctly on some devices.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix automatic sync not being triggered immediately on quitting Aldiko on Android OS 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with Dropbox login under certain circumstances.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with deleting Dropbox folders, when they were not empty.
      • Work around for Dropbox login issue.
      • Migrate Dropbox interface to new API with better security and privacy controls.
      • Updated app to fix issues on Android OS 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix issue where automatic sync was not being triggered if there were pending changes and the sync service was restarted by the Android OS.
      • Bug-Fix: Verify Aldiko 2.2.0+ has been opened at least once prior to sync, so its database is available.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix crash on open on Android 2.1, due to Android OS not returning Aldiko's app version correctly.
      • Add support for Aldiko Premium 2.2.0. Note that this and future versions require the device to be rooted, since Aldiko no longer allows third party apps access to its database.
      • Bug-Fix: Automatic sync wasn't being immediately triggered on quitting Aldiko on some devices (notably, the HTC One X)
      • The restrict sync to Wi-Fi option will no longer prevent a manual sync from occurring if the device is on a 3G connection.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix crash during sync if library contained books with Adobe Digital Editions DRM.
      • Bug-Fix: Detect and discard corrupted local sync state, which was causing sync to fail. This seems to happen intermittently on some devices. The cause is still under investigation.
      • Add feature to restrict sync to Wi-Fi connections.
      • Pro Version: Update the "Hide Status Icon" feature to display text only on errors. Avoids the notification from blocking others on Honeycomb devices.
      • Update notification to show the actual error message, instead of a generic sync failed message.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix code to no longer silently ignore errors when saving the sync state.
      • Work around a bug in Android Gingerbread OS (2.3.1 and 2.3.2) which would sometimes corrupt the last digit of the stored read position, causing future sync operations to fail.
      • Add a ".nomedia" file to the SDCard location when a new book is imported to prevent the standard Gallery app from caching the book's thumbnail and cover images
      • Add option to always sync to furthest read point.
      • Improve code that checked for internet connectivity, should reduce the "Unable to reach Dropbox" message when switching from mobile to WiFi.
      • Pro Version: Allow error notifications to be dismissed when the "Hide Status Icon" option is enabled.
      • Bug-Fix: Detect and ignore incompatible thumbnail/cover images when adding new eBooks instead of failing the sync operation.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix very slow loading of library data for large libraries (100+ books) on devices whose default locale is not US English.

• Updated app to fix issues on Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
      • Add option to always add books from a device to Dropbox on first sync (enabled by default)
      • Expand info sent via the "Report Issue" feature for a better support experience.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix the "eBooks Folder" field to be a single line control.
      • Pro Version: Improve license check code to reduce verification failure reported by some users. Requires updated unlocker app to be installed.
      • Pro Version: Update the "Hide Status Icon" feature to be more useful by displaying the icon when a sync is in progress.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix issue where a sync was not performed if the device went to sleep due to the screen being turned off before the trigger could execute.

• Add extra checks to verify internet connectivity before starting a sync operation. With this change, the "Unable to login to Dropbox" message should show up only for actual Dropbox login failures.

• Correctly resize the cover/thumbnail image when adding a book to the device. Fixes issue with squashed images on certain devices.
      • Bug-Fix: Position in eBook was not being synchronized across devices if it had user defined bookmarks.
      • Make it much easier to report an issue with the app (Settings => Report Issue).

• Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) (Android OS 2.2+) Fix crash on reboot when automatic sync is enabled and Aldiko is installed on the SD card. Correctly handle moving Aldiko from/to the SD card and SD card mount/dismount events.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro Version) Fix crash if automatic sync is enabled when Aldiko is not installed.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with eBook getting updated on every sync on local device if it was deleted and re-added on another device.
      • Pro Version: Reorganize code to improve battery life when automatic sync is enabled during a long Aldiko session.

• Bug-Fix: Discard stored local sync state if its incompatible with the new app. Fixes the "Unable to read library" error when loading previously synced books.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix handle leak on screen orientation change.

• Rewrote core parts of the app so it no longer requires root access.
      • Further improvements to the code that handles dropped connections during a sync.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with an eBook not getting the correct saved position under certain rare circumstances.
      • Pro Version: Minor improvements to the "Optimize Network Traffic" feature.

• Updated app to work on Android OS 2.1 (Eclair)
      • Improve handling of dropped connections. This should help reduce sync failures.
      • Add feature to optimize data stored on Dropbox. This feature enables compression of the library data and speeds up the sync operation.
      • Bug-Fix: (Pro version) Under certain circumstances, eBook updates would not be applied on a subsequent sync if the first attempt failed.
      • Bug-Fix: Fix issue with icon in the status bar being stuck in the "on going" status even after the sync operation was complete.

• Bug-Fix: Inadvertently introduced a bug in the previous version, which could cause a manually triggered sync to loop infinitely under certain circumstances. (Sorry!)
      • Pro version: Add ability to trigger a sync operation from external apps (like a Tasker/Locale plugin) via a broadcast intent (com.ucr.aldikosync.triggersync)

• Bug-Fix: Auto sync was not being triggered after quitting Aldiko on certain devices (some HTC phones, devices with CyanogenMod 7 ROM, and maybe others)
      • Bug-Fix: The "Optimize Network Traffic" option is dependent on automatic sync being enabled. Fix the Settings user interface so this dependency is communicated to the user
      • Add option to hide the notification bar icon in the Pro version

• Library handling code optimizations resulting in a smaller and faster app
      • Improve reporting of Dropbox errors to the user
      • Add support for fully automatic and faster sync checking in the Pro version
      • Supports both Aldiko Free and Premium
      • Fixes crash that some people reported with the initial release.
    I use MyUnlock Utilities to do an automatic unlock and it does not interfere with AldikoSync.
    could the same be done for moon+reader
    many like it better than aldiko,
    i am on the fence between the too. I like moon reader better from a reading perspective. but synching will seal the deal.

Sorry, I don't use Moon reader. I looked at it in the market at it says the Pro version has a "bookmarks share" feature. Does that do what you're looking for?
    Can this be used to add books to my phone from my PC? I put some new ebooks into the dropbox folder on my PC. I can see the files in the dropbox on my phone but I do not see them in Aldiko after running the Sync.

You must first import the books into Aldiko from one device before they can be seen by my app.

To do that, try this on the phone that has the new books:

• Open Aldiko and then navigate to the "Home" screen within it.
    • You should see an option called "SD Card".
    • Click that option, navigate to the dropbox folder on the SD card, and import your books from it into Aldiko.
    • Once they are in Aldiko, use my app to do a sync.
    Now, use my app as usual from any of your other devices and the new books will get added to the device if they don't exist.

Let me know if you have any issues.
    New version

New version that fixes issues with Lollipop released.