269.4 KB · Views: 3,016
  • avenge_quicklaunch.jpg
    avenge_quicklaunch.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 2,825
Last edited:

adzidek

Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
yeah so I've used just about every launcher out there, and this launcher made me jizz myself.

only issue is the built in browser doesn't support java?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Reactions: claystoneinc

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Fuuuck me this is a...confusing beauty.... still a beauty. Will give this a go! Foooooooooooooooo sure :D

Sent from my iphone look a like powered by android!

D_one

Mar 9, 2009
Toronto
Moto G Power
I love the update and hope they keep coming. Here's a few things I tried to do but couldn't and some I'd like to see:
Ability to add, change, and customize the dock,
Multiselect apps to add to a pane
Change the transition effect from fade
Pinch and zoom to activate expose'
Swipe up and down actions
Would love a running apps dock
LANDSCAPE SUPPORT!
Ability to change themes or customize them more....especially icons
That's all for now,
Cheers!

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

claystoneinc

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2011
Toronto
yeah so I've used just about every launcher out there, and this launcher made me jizz myself.

only issue is the built in browser doesn't support java?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Haha - hilarious.

Re: web + java. No, not right now. I know it's an oversight, but definitely something we want to tie in sooner rather than later.

claystoneinc

Apr 12, 2011
Toronto
I love the update and hope they keep coming. Here's a few things I tried to do but couldn't and some I'd like to see:
Ability to add, change, and customize the dock,
Multiselect apps to add to a pane
Change the transition effect from fade
Pinch and zoom to activate expose'
Swipe up and down actions
Would love a running apps dock
LANDSCAPE SUPPORT!
Ability to change themes or customize them more....especially icons
That's all for now,
Cheers!

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
Great, great feedback. Thank you!

Some of these are already on our plate - working on getting dock customization in ASAP - but those that aren't are going straight from your keyboard to the developer's ears. Thanks, again!

Bean can

Jul 29, 2011
Darwin
willing to try this and have great faith in the project. I love seeing a launcher with a difference and will download in the morning to my vibrant running cyanogen mod. finally if you are in need of a beta tester please let me know and I will do anything to help.

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
I like it.

Down points-
Slow to scroll from screen to screen

Confused on how to resize widgets.

I didn't see how to change what screen goes in what order. Example-I could never get my homescreen to be the middle screen instead of the 1st screen.

I think I'd like a swipe up gesture that allows quick screens glance rather than the middle dock button being the quick screen glance.

I give you props on this. It's turning out nicely and will continue to do so!

claystoneinc

Apr 12, 2011
Toronto
willing to try this and have great faith in the project. I love seeing a launcher with a difference and will download in the morning to my vibrant running cyanogen mod. finally if you are in need of a beta tester please let me know and I will do anything to help.
Great, glad to hear. It's always a challenge trying to do something different, but totally worthwhile.

Any feedback you could offer would be much appreciated!

claystoneinc

Apr 12, 2011
Toronto
I like it.

Down points-

I didn't see how to change what screen goes in what order. Example-I could never get my homescreen to be the middle screen instead of the 1st screen.

I think I'd like a swipe up gesture that allows quick screens glance rather than the middle dock button being the quick screen glance.

Gotcha.

In terms of the widget resizing, if you long hold on a widget and tap 'Resize' you'll notice the bounding box + arrows pop up. From there, you should be able to resize by tapping and dragging on the arrows to get the dimensions needed (if you're not seeing the arrows or that functionality's not working, definitely let me know).

Re: setting the order of screens - we don't have that included now, but it's already in the works for a release in the very short-term.

Lastly, hadn't considered the upward swipe gesture idea. Let me stew on it for a bit and see if there's something we can do there.

Thanks for taking the time to drop the feedback - love it!

Falen

Jul 8, 2010
I am trying the Launcher (although I prefer plain vanilla LauncherPro). It's tricky trying to get use to using this. I am so use to using an almost empty, plain desktop.

I wanted to try this because of the news feeds as it seems easier than opening the browser and going to the news sites.

nicu96

Jul 24, 2011
really good, but on my sensation (960x540 px resolution) the themes doesnt resize properly, there are blurry icons and backgrounds. only the widgets are looking ok. i hope youll make it compatible with qHD (960x540) resolution.
glad to see that you are working on the screen order feature :D
a setting to change the transition effect and a running apps panel (task manager) would be very nice!
i dont like the photos panel, i cant scroll through the photos when i select one from the list, i must first go in fullscreen mode... it should be more like gallery 3D ^^

waiting for the next update :D

claystoneinc

Apr 12, 2011
Toronto
I am trying the Launcher (although I prefer plain vanilla LauncherPro). It's tricky trying to get use to using this. I am so use to using an almost empty, plain desktop.

I wanted to try this because of the news feeds as it seems easier than opening the browser and going to the news sites.
Totally understand - it's a bit of a departure from layouts featured in ADW, LauncherPro, etc.

In fact, one area in which we need to improve in is explaining the basics of Claystone. Once you play around with it it starts to come together, but we've got to do a better job in bridging that gap.

Thankfully, I've got a Word doc in front of me ready to be dumped into an HTML layout with the aim of having that ready within the week! ;)

claystoneinc

Apr 12, 2011
Toronto
really good, but on my sensation (960x540 px resolution) the themes doesnt resize properly, there are blurry icons and backgrounds. only the widgets are looking ok. i hope youll make it compatible with qHD (960x540) resolution.
glad to see that you are working on the screen order feature :D
a setting to change the transition effect and a running apps panel (task manager) would be very nice!
i dont like the photos panel, i cant scroll through the photos when i select one from the list, i must first go in fullscreen mode... it should be more like gallery 3D ^^

waiting for the next update :D
Of those, I can tell you that a 'Running Tasks' panel is ridiculously close to being included (as in: we've had it in there, but haven't quite finalized it yet in deference to other features).

In terms of qHD compatibility and revised photo functionality, I can't promise that they'll be featured in the next build or two, but can say I'll bring them to the team and see where we can slide them in on a priority scale amidst other feature development.

Really appreciate you helping out - thanks! ;)

Reactions: nicu96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE (9/21/2012): We've posted a new version of Claystone - v2.4 - to Google Play @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.claystoneinc !

We've taken a lot of the feedback discovered here in this thread to improve the app, including re-introducing theme support, weather panels, and more.

Check it out and let us know what you think. Thanks! :)

Claystone Team
    http://www.claystoneinc.com
    You'll see from my post count that I never post, but this launcher is unreal!
    I've only just grabbed it, but it clearly opens up some amazing possibilities in terms of productivity...once I figure out how to make use of it properly.

Obviously I have very little other feedback so far, but here it is:
    1. Given the drastic differences in this launcher from the traditional interfaces, one of those fancy introductory videos on youtube showing off the various features and how to best make use of them would really help out new users.
    2. It would be nice to be able to customise some of the panel buttons someday. eg. option to replace contacts with something else.

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot if you've already addressed the above feedback elsewhere.
    Thanks heaps for an amazing piece of development.
    Appreciation and Feedback

Thank you for this launcher; it is fresh, attractive, and useful. Are you accepting donations anywhere ?

Here are a couple of my suggestions / requests :
    - ability to re-order home pages
    - ability to clear favorite apps

The second item there refers to what I think is the favorite apps tab on the "My Apps" page -- i.e. the left-hand tab. It is a subset of all apps but shows the vast majority of them and does not seem to reflect what I mark as favorite.

Thanks,

Gifford
    Great util

I generally don't use or like launcher apps, but this on has really caught my eye. My biggest issue is just a personal creativity one-I can never quite figure out how best to use such apps. You'd think that would be obvious, but for me, not so much. :eek: I'll keep it on my phone at see if I can get over my 'usability hump.' Many thanks.
    I like it.

Down points-