[APP][3.21.16] TWC TV - VZW/ADB/HDMI checks removed & watch away from home!!

Search This thread

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
This is the message

Can you tell me what specific message comes up? there's different messages that come up for different scenarios, if it's only "this channel is currently unavailable at this time" then i need to know specifics... what device, what android version, rooted or not.... a logcat of the app running would also be nice... I also don't understand what you mean by "iOS 8.1.4", afaik iOS is only on apple devices o_O... this fix is only applicable to android devices.

Let me know if it's happening to you and let me know the specifics i mentioned and i'll see what i can do about it.
The message say "Error" in color blue at left of the message then the full message is:
"We are unable to present channel ... at this time. Please
try a different channel or try again later."
The "..." is the name of the actual channel it must be a variable that tells the channel name but the rest of the message is the important. I think looking where that message is called and removing the Jump to there and continue normal operation don't hurt to anyone that actually are running the application without problems and maybe that can make work the application for the rest that have the troubles. If the message is not shown in the code then is a picture that pop ups there or encrypted but check if you can see the message if found the rest of the condtion I suppose can be removed.
About iOs you are right is for apple I made a typing error there; is just the kindle HD 8.9 with OS 8.1.4 rooted. How can I make a logcat of the app?

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

The message say "Error" in color blue at left of the message then the full message is:
The "..." is the name of the actual channel it must be a variable that tells the channel name but the rest of the message is the important. I think looking where that message is called and removing the Jump to there and continue normal operation don't hurt to anyone that actually are running the application without problems and maybe that can make work the application for the rest that have the troubles. If the message is not shown in the code then is a picture that pop ups there or encrypted but check if you can see the message if found the rest of the condtion I suppose can be removed.
About iOs you are right is for apple I made a typing error there; is just the kindle HD 8.9 with OS 8.1.4 rooted. How can I make a logcat of the app?

I add a note here so many people to solve that problem in other devices or roms, because is not only the problem for Kindle, to make work they made this: Edit the file system/build.prop and find the line "ro.build.tags=test-keys" then change to "ro.build.tags="; if not found the "ro.build.tags=test-keys" then search for "ro.build.tags=release-keys" and change to "ro.build.tags=" but actually that fix not work too in some devices or roms including kindle 8.9 rooted with OS 8.1.4.

Last edited:

dice

Apr 25, 2008
Los Angeles

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I add a note here so many people to solve that problem in other devices or roms, because is not only the problem for Kindle, to make work they made this: Edit the file system/build.prop and find the line "ro.build.tags=test-keys" then change to "ro.build.tags="; if not found the "ro.build.tags=test-keys" then search for "ro.build.tags=release-keys" and change to "ro.build.tags=" but actually that fix not work too in some devices or roms including kindle 8.9 rooted with OS 8.1.4.

channel error: I know where it presents the error message... thing is that when i inspect the traffic i can see that the server returns a 403 response.... in other words (Not Authorized)... but you said that the channel shows for 30 seconds before that happens? If so, then can you switch back and forth between channels and see another 30 seconds? or do you need to restart the app? (this would make more sense, due to re-authentication etc...). Also, i could theoretically make it not show that error and continue as normal, but as i mentioned earlier, the problem (most of the time) when you get that error is because the server is returning a 'not-authorized' response and therefore there's nothing to stream... forcing it to continue will most likely cause a force close of the app... as i've learned from making it skip around everywhere during my testing (lol)

logcat: i'm interested in what android is doing at the time you get these errors... you can do a standard logcat: adb shell logcat and stop it like 2 secs after the message appears (click ok) and then close and save logcat. I'd also like specific twc messages from logcat, which havent been very helpful so far but i might get a hint somewhere there... to do that you can do: adb shell logcat | grep 'twc' (that will filter only messages from the time warner app) so basically 2 logcats, but the first one should do just fine, i can filter it out manually...

test-keys fix: yes that was a solution until now... the app completely does not check for test-keys or anything related to root or non-oem versions of roms, there's no way for the app to test for root anymore because that part of the code has been completely replaced. if you still get a root message then let me know (and make sure you have THIS app installed... uninstall the old twc app first and then install my version)

On a separate note... has anyone been able to watch tv with an HDMI cable with no problem? need to know so code doesn't branch out everywhere...

On a last note... yes I did change my alias :p

dainbred

Dec 29, 2012
Re: [APP][03.04.13] Time Warner Cable Root/ADB checks removed & watch away from home!

Works great on nook tablet running CM 10.1 on home wifi. Awesome work!

Sent from my NookTablet using xda app-developers app

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
OK

channel error: I know where it presents the error message... thing is that when i inspect the traffic i can see that the server returns a 403 response.... in other words (Not Authorized)... but you said that the channel shows for 30 seconds before that happens? If so, then can you switch back and forth between channels and see another 30 seconds? or do you need to restart the app? (this would make more sense, due to re-authentication etc...). Also, i could theoretically make it not show that error and continue as normal, but as i mentioned earlier, the problem (most of the time) when you get that error is because the server is returning a 'not-authorized' response and therefore there's nothing to stream... forcing it to continue will most likely cause a force close of the app... as i've learned from making it skip around everywhere during my testing (lol)

logcat: i'm interested in what android is doing at the time you get these errors... you can do a standard logcat: adb shell logcat and stop it like 2 secs after the message appears (click ok) and then close and save logcat. I'd also like specific twc messages from logcat, which havent been very helpful so far but i might get a hint somewhere there... to do that you can do: adb shell logcat | grep 'twc' (that will filter only messages from the time warner app) so basically 2 logcats, but the first one should do just fine, i can filter it out manually...

test-keys fix: yes that was a solution until now... the app completely does not check for test-keys or anything related to root or non-oem versions of roms, there's no way for the app to test for root anymore because that part of the code has been completely replaced. if you still get a root message then let me know (and make sure you have THIS app installed... uninstall the old twc app first and then install my version)

On a separate note... has anyone been able to watch tv with an HDMI cable with no problem? need to know so code doesn't branch out everywhere...

On a last note... yes I did change my alias :p

Ok I'll prepare the logcats. About the failure: When the message appears gives you the option to press ok if you press ok you need to wait a little 5 seconds or 10 seconds to press another channel if you press another channel before that 5 or 10 seconds you just have a black screen after that 5 or 10 seconds if you press another channel the image back full color and quality but again in around 30 seconds boom the message again and on that way in an endless loop like you see the app is useless, of course is not 30 seconds always exactly sometimes the message appears at 10 seconds other times at 20 seconds. And never the app close, freeze or force you to login again never do that, if you login and logout manually if you want to do the same issue but I mean the app is always open never exist a forced logout or an app crash. I'll keep you updated for the log files.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

dice I sent you via PM the logcat file you can check.

dice

Apr 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Ok I'll prepare the logcats. About the failure: When the message appears gives you the option to press ok if you press ok you need to wait a little 5 seconds or 10 seconds to press another channel if you press another channel before that 5 or 10 seconds you just have a black screen after that 5 or 10 seconds if you press another channel the image back full color and quality but again in around 30 seconds boom the message again and on that way in an endless loop like you see the app is useless, of course is not 30 seconds always exactly sometimes the message appears at 10 seconds other times at 20 seconds. And never the app close, freeze or force you to login again never do that, if you login and logout manually if you want to do the same issue but I mean the app is always open never exist a forced logout or an app crash. I'll keep you updated for the log files.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

dice I sent you via PM the logcat file you can check.

thanks... ok... check this out
Code:
V/ChromiumHTTPDataSource( 2591): connect on behalf of uid <uid>

D/ChromiumHTTPDataSource( 2591): connect to <URL suppressed> @0

I/avc_utils( 2591): found AVC codec config (320 x 180, Baseline-profile level 2.1)

I/ESQueue ( 2591): found AAC codec config (22050 Hz, 2 channels)

I/OMXMaster( 2591): STREAMPLAY: addVendorPlugin libomx_aivplugin.so

E/OMXMaster( 2591): A component of name 'AIV.play' already exists, ignoring this one.

E/OMXMaster( 2591): A component of name 'AIV.play' already exists, ignoring this one.

E/OMXNodeInstance( 2591): OMX_GetExtensionIndex failed

I/AudioSink( 2591): Channelcount = 2

I/AudioSink( 2591): Channel Map: AudioSystem::3

I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 2591): startOutput() output 1, stream 3, session 2

W/ACodec  ( 2591): OMX.TI.DUCATI1.VIDEO.DECODER requires the use of OMX_AllocateBuffer instead of the preferred OMX_UseBuffer. Vendor must fix this.

I/AudioFlinger( 2591): set smart gain -24 dB

W/        ( 2591): Warning message AMessage(what = 'omx ', target = 5) = {

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t type = 0

W/        ( 2591):   void *node = 0x1

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t event = 3

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t data1 = 1

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t data2 = 117440527

W/        ( 2591): } unhandled in root state.

I/WindowManager(  221): DIM BEHIND: Window{41fe2880 paused=false}

I/LiveSession( 2591): queueing discontinuity (seek=0, explicit=0, bandwidthChanged=1)

I/Sensors (  221): **** Motion ****

I/NuPlayer( 2591): video discontinuity (formatChange=0, time=1)

I/NuPlayer( 2591): audio discontinuity (formatChange=1, time=1)

I/avc_utils( 2591): found AVC codec config (960 x 540, Main-profile level 3.1)

W/        ( 2591): Warning message AMessage(what = 'omx ', target = 5) = {

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t type = 0

W/        ( 2591):   void *node = 0x1

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t event = 3

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t data1 = 1

W/        ( 2591):   int32_t data2 = 117440527

W/        ( 2591): } unhandled in root state.

I/ESQueue ( 2591): found AAC codec config (22050 Hz, 2 channels)

I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 2591): stopOutput() output 1, stream 3, session 2

I/AudioSink( 2591): Channelcount = 2

I/AudioSink( 2591): Channel Map: AudioSystem::3

I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 2591): startOutput() output 1, stream 3, session 2

F/ACodec  ( 2591): frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:1539 CHECK_LE( buffer->size(),info->mData->capacity()) failed: 66485 vs. 61440

F/libc    ( 2591): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1)

now a couple of things jump out from here....

W/ACodec ( 2591): OMX.TI.DUCATI1.VIDEO.DECODER requires the use of OMX_AllocateBuffer instead of the preferred OMX_UseBuffer. Vendor must fix this.

But especially this

F/ACodec ( 2591): frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:1539 CHECK_LE( buffer->size(),info->mData->capacity()) failed: 66485 vs. 61440

F/libc ( 2591): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1)

that might be the aftermath of the black screen... from what i'm seeing it could be that it's too much buffer to handle... i'll modify the app to use less buffer than 61440 and let's see if that helps a bit.... the other errors seem to be an issue from the rom... i also noticed a few invocations to HDMI_STATE... are you using an hdmi cable or just trying to watch on the tablet?

I'll send you an updated app soon

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
Interesting!!!

Very interesting perfect I'll be checking the updated version. About HDMI is strange I tested only in the tablet I don't use HDMI.
Thank you

Aron_H

Feb 23, 2013
Sorry HDMI is working perfect.... No more message box ...excellent work mate, thank you

dice

Apr 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Very interesting perfect I'll be checking the updated version. About HDMI is strange I tested only in the tablet I don't use HDMI.
Thank you
Ok try these in order:

v1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ecz9c674l7zfg3l
v2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?drlnevv6lejmd09
v3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?rzrknu2qq5jykvf

let me know if any of these work... if v1 works then you don't need to test v2... etc...

They have different video and audio settings.... if none of these work then try disabling stuff like dolby audio or eq settings or anything that might play audio in the background, I don't know exactly how android handles everything as i'm still familiarizing myself with everything, but trying that shouldn't hurt :p

if you get to v3 and it doesn't work can you send me a logcat of that?

Sorry HDMI is working perfect.... No more message box ...excellent work mate, thank you
Great! thanks for letting me know, I've updated the OP with the newest version :)

Reactions: Aron_H

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
Is working better here are the notes:

Ok try these in order:

v1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ecz9c674l7zfg3l
v2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?drlnevv6lejmd09
v3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?rzrknu2qq5jykvf

let me know if any of these work... if v1 works then you don't need to test v2... etc...

They have different video and audio settings.... if none of these work then try disabling stuff like dolby audio or eq settings or anything that might play audio in the background, I don't know exactly how android handles everything as i'm still familiarizing myself with everything, but trying that shouldn't hurt :p

if you get to v3 and it doesn't work can you send me a logcat of that?

Great! thanks for letting me know, I've updated the OP with the newest version :)

Amazing is working better but not at 100% I think at 40-60%. Look version 1 works better than the others, the version 2 is not working at all, version 3 works better than 2 but 1 is the best. With version 1 I could view for an example the channel A&E the first channel of the APP never put the message, worked like a charm that channel! but for ohter example BIOHD put the usual msg like other channels for example MOREMAXHD never put the message too, AMC HD put the message, etc. I don´t know really in what consists some channels work and others no I suppose is maybe the quality of the steam; maybe the non working channels are in more quality and weight than the working channels.
But version 1 is the best improves amazing the number of channels to view.
I sent you via PM 2 logcats files; one for the version 1 when it crash in the non working channels and I played in the version 1 a little between channels working and no working, maybe with that you can see more differences. The version 3 logcat I sent how you said because was the last test but in that version AEHD works but after few minutes crash like usual. Really the big improvement was with version 1 there some channels never crash like before I told or at least you can view a few minutes before the version 1 was impossible to look something.
Of course I´ll try to disable EQ or audio stuff to check but I see you are moving values that are putting in very good condition the APP.

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
More stable.

ugh it's starting to look like a deeper issue, but i messed around with the values a bit more... try this and let me know how it goes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b4to6q8et7i3nyk

did you also try and disable dolby or any eq you might be using?
Appears is more stable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! until now no issues I´ll be keeping testing and in case of something I´ll post here.
Thank you rocks.

Reactions: mmaniaci

mmaniaci

Jul 1, 2010
TW app on MK802ii

This seems to be working well on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, thanks! I'm not having any luck on my mk802ii. The error message I get is something like " can't show the content at this time to try again later." Any idea what might be causing this or how to fix?

MPM

UPDATE: Noticed that field3d is having what seems to be a similar problem... I'll give this version a try the latest version field3d tried.
I'm using a rooted MK802ii. THanks.

Last edited:

Aron_H

Feb 23, 2013
MK802ii

This seems to be working well on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, thanks! I'm not having any luck on my mk802ii. The error message I get is something like " can't show the content at this time to try again later." Any idea what might be causing this or how to fix?

MPM

UPDATE: Noticed that field3d is having what seems to be a similar problem... I'll give this version a try the latest version field3d tried.
I'm using a rooted MK802ii. THanks.

Please post if you have any luck with the mk802ii, I was wondering if this app would work on one, thank you.

Mar 15, 2013
Cleveland
Noob Question

Great Post :good:

[*] I use wingate FREE edition (wingate)

Love the NOOB Vid.

As A NOOB - I get one dumb question:

If I use the 'wingate' VPN will it break anything on my new KFHD?
It’s just a matter of time until I root it but, in the meantime I'm going to let the warranty play out.

Thanks,

Mitch :confused:

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
Works...

Is very stable dice I tested for 2 days and is working very good.
Thank you for all.

mmaniaci

Jul 1, 2010
No luck with MK802ii

Please post if you have any luck with the mk802ii, I was wondering if this app would work on one, thank you.

I tried all of the posted versions of the app without success. I'm still getting "....can't show the content at this time to try again later"

In the log files I'm seeing the "403" errors.

Reactions: dice

Aron_H

Feb 23, 2013
I tried all of the posted versions of the app without success. I'm still getting "....can't show the content at this time to try again later"

Sorry to hear that. Your not logged on to twc with more than one device at a time are you? I think I read it only supports one device per account. Just a stab in the dark, sorry I can't be of more help.

dice

Apr 25, 2008
Los Angeles

See below

Is very stable dice I tested for 2 days and is working very good.
Thank you for all.
Awesome, I will implement this into the main version!

Great Post :good:

[*] I use wingate FREE edition (wingate)

Love the NOOB Vid.

As A NOOB - I get one dumb question:

If I use the 'wingate' VPN will it break anything on my new KFHD?
It’s just a matter of time until I root it but, in the meantime I'm going to let the warranty play out.

Thanks,

Mitch :confused:
No, you won't break anything; however you will not be able to watch TV away from home until you root it... if you use this version the latest version in the OP and it doesn't work then try this version as it was confirmed working on the kindle fire by field3d: http://www.mediafire.com/?b4to6q8et7i3nyk you will be able to watch live TV INSIDE your home network (your kindle fire has to be connected to your HOME wifi network)... you don't need wingate or anything else for that, just the TWCTV app

Sorry to hear that. Your not logged on to twc with more than one device at a time are you? I think I read it only supports one device per account. Just a stab in the dark, sorry I can't be of more help.

Not true... I've been logged in with like 5 devices with no issue...

For everyone having issues
I cannot help you if i don't know the following:

• are you using the proxy instructions I mentioned or using the app using your home network?
    • if you are then please test it on your home network first and make sure it works... if it does then let me know what issues you get when you use wingate and Auto Proxy....
  • are you using the proxy instructions I posted?
  • do you have internet service through time Warner?
  • what device are you using?
  • what rom and kernel are you using?
  • are you rooted? With super SU or just su?
  • send me a logcat while the app is running? Feel free to pm me the logcat

I will update the OP with these instructions and will update it with the Kindle Fire fix later today if possible. If you have a tablet or phone that has issues with this app and this version works for you: http://www.mediafire.com/?b4to6q8et7i3nyk

Then please tell me what device and rom you're using so i can add the fix that's specific to your device

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE
    Development of this app will continue here: https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-spectrum-tv-aka-twc-tv-t3847520

Thanks for everyone who kept this project going!

Hello :) here you will find the most recent TWC TV App from the android market... except it has ALL restrictions removed, NO ADB checks, NO proxy checks, NO HDMI checks, NO ROOT checks, and best of all, a method to watch ALL the channels while you're away from home, not just SOME of the channels TWC let's you watch; this can be viewed over 3g/4g/wifi... hell even 1x lol.

NOW the part I like... and maybe the reason why the root check was implemented by TWC.... you can actually WATCH live TV on any wifi, 3g/4G network away from your home! all you need is a few tools and you're on your way.... if this is of no interest to you then just scroll down to the download link :)

To watch outside of the home network:
    1. Install a proxy server on a machine inside your network (a computer that can play live tv from twctv.com successfully)
    2. I use wingate FREE edition (http://wingate.com)
    3. Make sure you configure your router to forward traffic on that port to your machine
    4. as a side note, make sure you assign a static IP on your local machine so your router doesn't get confused
    5. also make sure you go to whatsmyip.org and get your external IP address (as you'll need this for the android side)
    6. Install an app from the android market called "Auto Proxy (ROOT)"
    7. Configure Auto Proxy to connect to your machine... here you will enter the IP you got earlier from your home machine and the port you chose when you configured wingate...
    8. Now activate AutoProxy and all traffic will be routed through your home computer (all apps, etc...) meaning when you use the timewarner app it will think you're inside your home network!! :)
    9. Make sure you turn it off once you're done watching TV, otherwise you will be consuming all of your upload bandwidth and also slow down your speeds since it has to go through the proxy...
    10. Profit!!

Some Notes:
    • This app should work on any phone with gingerbread and up. (Tested myself)
    • Feel free to donate :) It took me a while to learn how to do this and it took alot endless nights
    • I think i should also point out that I didn't use anyone else's code to do this; I'm a lone developer and just like the challenge :p
    • I am also working on a workaround to the proxy thing... a way to watch Live TV on your cellular network alone... no proxy required (I make no promises but i'm looking into it and hopefully I'll come up with something)
    • I'll also try to release a new version if updates are released... try and keep everything current
    • Questions? need a more detailed guide or anything else? just ask! I'm here to help :)... (but see post #2 first)
    • The 3.21.14 app would not be possible without GreenNasty... THANKS!

[CHANGELOG]

[3.21.16][v8] - App Version 4.1.8.10
    • Removed VPN/ADB/HDMI/Proxy restrictions
    • Enabled VZW Exclusive content for everyone!
    • Live TV and VOD DAI disabled
    • Fast forwarding enabled for all Video on Demand content... go ahead and skip those commercials ;)
    • Enjoy!
    [12.12.15][v7] - App Version 4.1.7.1
    • Removed Proxy/VPN/ADB/HDMI Checks
    • Live TV and VOD DAI disabled
    [11.14.15][v6] - App Version 4.1.2.32
    • Removed Proxy/VPN/ADB/HDMI Checks
    • Enabled Seeking while playing VOD content (yes, you can skip ads :) )
    • Disabled DAI (Dynamic Ad Placement) in Live TV and VOD (My little bit of rebellion against all these restrictions) Google for more info
    • Removed regional restrictions (Now you may use the app even if you're outside the US)
    [3.14.14][v5.1] - App Version 3.4.4#78
    • Removed Proxy and VPN checks from both Live TV and OnDemand
    • HDMI checks REMOVED!!!
    • Proxy and VPN checks removed
    • ADB Checks fully removed
    [3.14.14][v5] - App Version 3.4.4#78
    • Removed Proxy and VPN checks
    • Partially removed HDMI checks from Live TV, OnDemand should still have same HDMI Restrictions
    [8.21.13][v4.1] - App Version 3.3.1#57
    I use wingate FREE edition (http://wingate.com)
    • Workaround for ISP Checks, now users of every network get the perks that verizon customers get
    [8.07.13][v4.0] - App Version 3.3.1#57
    • Removed ADB Checks
    • Removed HDMI Checks
    • Removed Proxy/VPN Checks
    • Hope I didn't miss anything!
    [7.13.13][v3.2] - App Version 3.2.1#49
    • Missed VPN Check... VPN should be working now
    [7.10.13][v3.1] - App Version 3.2.1#49
    • Fixed ADB Check in Live TV - overlooked some code :(
    [7.10.13][v3] - App Version 3.2.1#49
    • 3g/4g/lan/etc.. streaming enabled
    • Proxy Checks Removed
    • HDMI Checks disabled (Not 100% sure on this, but if you have issues let me know)
    • All channels exclusive to VZW Customers are now available for everyone
    • Removed Root Checks
    • Removed Proxy/VPN Checks
    • Removed ADB Checks
    • Note: Since i actually REMOVED some of the code that performs the checks, the app might be smaller than the original app from the market (yeah i like to be efficient :p)
    [5.17.13][v2] - App Version 3.2#44
    • Enabled 3G Streaming for EVERYONE! xD enjoy!
    [5.15.13][v1.1] - App Version 3.2#44
    • Removed another HDMI check when plugging/unplugging HDMI cable while watching Live TV
    [5.15.13][v1] - App Version 3.2#44
    • Completely new version!
    • Removed Root Checks
    • Removed ADB Checks
    • Removed HDMI Checks
    • Removed Proxy and VPN Checks
    • Should run smoothly on most devices! seems like TWC did some optimizations
    [3.15.13][0.3] - App Version 2.6#36
    [3.10.13][0.2] - App version 2.6#36
    • Removed HDMI checks!!
    [3.04.13][0.1] - App version 2.6#36 (Initial Release)
    • Removed Root & ADB Checks
    • Increased buffer size to help with iffy networks
    [Bugs/Issues]
    None reported yet... let me know if you encounter any issues

[DOWNLOAD]
    [3.21.16][v8] - http://www.mediafire.com/download/qrgoidy1k6jk8yp/signedTWC-TV_4.1.8.10.release.apk
    Thank you all for your support! <3

[Questions/Issues?]
    See post #2 and reply if you question is not addressed.

Thanks to those that made decompiling/recompiling easy!!

Don't forget to hit that thanks button if this app works for you!
    donations are also appreciated... modifying something without the source code is tough... and a cup of coffee can go a long way when coding :) thanks for your support!
    Bug List
    • APP Version 3.2#44: Some users report that HD doesn't work as well with the new app. Time Warner did alot of changes due to the move to streaming away from home, that means that they definetely could have messed something up.... if HD is not working properly for you and want to try the previous version (2.6#36) feel free to download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?s3evtfhdedy3061
    • If you wish to decompile the app yourself, i have included comments in most of the important parts of the code that i modified... i will admin, they are HARD to understand and modify, but if you're looking to do it yourself in the future, I've helped you out

Issues/Troubleshooting

If you have tried this app and it does not work for you then i need the following information:

• are you using the proxy instructions I mentioned or using the app using your home network?
      • MAKE SURE your device is rooted
      • if you are then please test it on your home network first and make sure it works (whithout ANY proxy, etc...)... if it does then let me know what issues you get when you use wingate and Auto Proxy....
      • if it does work on your home network but not with the proxy, then please tell me detailed instructions on how you set it up or if you need a guide on how to do so
    • do you have internet service through time Warner?
    • what device are you using?
    • what rom and kernel are you using, and what versions? (if you don't what kernel then just tell me which rom and version and i'll figure it out)
    • Are you rooted? With Super SU or just SuperUser?
    • All of the above checked? then i will need a logcat while the app is running Feel free to pm me the logcat ONLY after you have posted what i've requested and I'll let you know to send me a logcat... i don't want to receive random logcats and will ignore them if i haven't seen your information in this thread first!
      • Logcats can be taken via: adb shell logcat
      • OR adb shell and then type logcat, you can use the -f parameter to save it to a file rather than copying it from your command prompt to a file...
      If there is anything else you think i should know, then please post that as well.... any little bit of information WILL help, trust me
    I am committed to help.... but please help me by following the above instructions to make both our lives easier!

Thanks!
    Hi guys, sorry i've been absent so long. I think i mentioned it earlier, but I no longer have Cable services with TWC, only internet. But I'm starting to get back into developing and if you guys are still interested, I can start releasing new versions of the app.

If enough people are interested, then I can try and do it from what i remember to change... but my hands are tied when it comes to debugging since I can't even log in to the app, but I can certainly try!

No replies are needed, just like this post and I'll know you're interested. Now if you want the app faster and bug-free for sure then i'd need an account to work on. Someone in the past allowed me to use one, but now he doesn't have TWCTV either lol.

But if you'd like to provide an account for me to work on It would definitely make releases much faster!

P.S: If you do want to provide an account for me to debug, then I'd prefer it if you do not give me your main account info (the one that accesses ur services through the TWC portal), but rather a sub-account that you can create; with that account, I can access live TV for debugging and at the same time not have access to your main account. This protects you from any unauthorized changes, and protects me from being accused of something, lol (also, PM me the info lol)

Anyways, sorry for being away... and if you guys are still interested, I'll stick around and help out...
    It doesn't seem dice is modding this any longer, so as there is a new version out now I took the liberty to modify this myself with the following:

TWCable TV 4.4.0.15 - Patched with the following:

ALLOW_VIDEO_WITH_USB_DEBUG - yes
    ALLOW_VIDEO_WITH_HDMI_OUTPUT - yes
    ALLOW_VIDEO_WITH_VPN - yes
    ALLOW_VIDEO_WITH_PROXY - yes
    ALLOW_PROXY_WITH_RELEASE_BUILD - yes
    FORCE_VOD_TRICK_MODES_ENABLED - yes
    DrmVodEnabled - yes
    DrmLiveEnabled - yes
    DaiVodEnabled - yes
    DaiLiveEnabled - yes
    AutoDisableProxy - no
    Wired Connection - Allowed
    Behind TV Mod - yes
    FFWD Ads - yes

Download Link:
    https://mega.nz/#!Qg4XzCBK!iEWNyZzJTsuexjjIr7T2t4L_DsTR797HKY9GJNzcQ3c

Also - if you are going to post this elsewhere please leave the readme file with the zip - or at least mention me in your credits - if not I won't patch/release this anymore.
    I just wanted to share the attached Spectrum TV Mod app only as a member contribution from a huge fan here.

It's the last version provided by the AWESOME Developer on this thread (with the HDMI removed) but, I just slightly changed the App Name and Icon.

I do this every time the Developer here releases a new one since it only takes a few minutes to knock out.

This is only so I know what the app is by looking at its name and icon and has always been for personal use.

I just thought that you all would like to enjoy it! :)

If this threads developer would like me to remove it, I will completely understand and will comply without hesitation. :eek:

EDIT: Apps are now located on the following link:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=282641

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.