[APP][4.0+] HoverChat (formerly Ninja SMS): Alternative to Facebook ChatHeads for SMS

Search This thread

dcwiker05

Dec 10, 2008
Ephrata PA
I know I'm resurrecting a slightly dated thread, but I had seen in an earlier post that people were having issues sending MMS messages. I was wondering if a solution to this has since been discovered. Hoverchat is my favorite messaging app and I would really like to continue using it but it refuses to send pictures. Having to switch over to the default app to send a pic, then switch back afterwards is inconvenient to say the least.

Phone: Nexus 6P, rooted
ROM: Pure ROM, 6.0
Kernel: ElementalX
Switch to Yatta, this is long dead and Yatta works better anyhow I don't think anyone still runs this to help you unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Reactions: esincho

sullivja

Jul 14, 2016
MMS Video Issues

Hello,

I recently started using HoverChat (and I am not sure if this is the right place to discuss this), and I am unable to properly receive messages that contain videos. I switched to Verizon Message+ and had them resend the message and it works properly. It shows up as a photo, but does not have the video information.

Is this a setting issue on my end, or an app bug?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7.

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Hello,

I recently started using HoverChat (and I am not sure if this is the right place to discuss this), and I am unable to properly receive messages that contain videos. I switched to Verizon Message+ and had them resend the message and it works properly. It shows up as a photo, but does not have the video information.

Is this a setting issue on my end, or an app bug?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7.
HoverChat was abandoned... some things will work, some won't. Nothing you'll be able to do about it, though, sadly. Used to be my favorite.

Use YAATA or Facebook Messenger instead.

sullivja

Jul 14, 2016
HoverChat was abandoned... some things will work, some won't. Nothing you'll be able to do about it, though, sadly. Used to be my favorite.

Use YAATA or Facebook Messenger instead.

Thanks for letting me know. I just started using it and was really impressed, so sad to see that it is dead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Featured in Time Magazine "50 Best Android Apps for 2013" Must-have Android apps for newbies and enthusiasts alike.
    943420_539954786042918_769845217_n.jpg

HoverChat (formerly Ninja SMS) enables true multitasking by allowing you to read and reply to incoming messages without ever leaving your current screen, dealing with in-your-face social feeds, or having to change your favorite launcher. On the plus side, it works on all Android phones 2.3+.

Features:
    ★ Multiple floating windows at the same time
    ★ Drag and drop windows anywhere with ease
    ★ Collapse mode helps minimize popups for easy access anytime
    ★ Anti-NSA mode: Encrypt messages while sending to contacts so your phone carrier or government cannot read it... Ninja Style!
    ★ Emoji Support :)
    ★ Notification animation for new incoming messages in minimized chat windows
    ★ Maximize mode allows you to switch to full texting mode in an instant
    ★ Transparency mode to help you view other windows in the background as you read and reply to messages
    ★ Settings panel lets you control which contacts the app will show popups for
    ★ 1 easy switch to enable and disable anytime
    ★ Efficient battery usage so you can keep the popups open as long as you want
    ★ Elegant design and graphics

Download HoverChat (formerly Ninja SMS) from Play Store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninja.sms.promo

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ninjasmsapp

Screens:

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Download HoverChat (formerly Ninja SMS) from Play Store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninja.sms.promo
    If anyone is interested in joining our beta group, you can email us at support@hoverchat.com with the email address tied to your Play store account and I will be happy to add you to the group.

Thank you guys for keeping this tread alive, special thanks to @gohamstergo, @rootlinux, @dcwiker05, @artyfarty and everyone participated in this thread so far.
    I'm just throwing in some suggestions

1. More emojis
    2. Have the theme on the whole app instead of just the popup
    3. Be able to send and receive pictures

That's all I can think of. I love this app so much

Thank you for the nice comments :).

We already started working on MMS then I think we might work on Emojis and theming. Most probably it will be a couple separate updates to keep the update cycle reasonable.
    Working great so far. One little thing that would be nice is the ability to change the color of the notification icon. On a black status bar, the current icon is difficult to see. Not a big deal, this app is fantastic.

We are going to add more customization options in the upcoming updates and one of them will be custom notification icon.
    I'm testing this with Go sms, so far a third party messaging app that works near perfect with ninja sms is 88sms :) but I like IOS6 Emoji so I'm trying go sms because handcent had a bug with scrolling, chomp sms doesn't have group messaging, and textra uses its own database -_-
    Anyone know of a good third party sms app that has iOS6 emoji, group messaging, and plays well with ninja sms (I would love to have the ability to make custom notificationsnotifications with led and icons for each contact as well)
    Sent from my Note 2, just in case you were Note-icing my sig ;)

BTW we are working on threads view, full emoji and groups support and which will be divided on a couple updates to be published in the near future. We are trying to improve the whole messaging experience so you should be able to depend on Ninja SMS fully with these upcoming updates, you will also still be able to use any other messaging app with Ninja SMS if you want.