[APP][2.0+][SHARE] ZIPme - creating a flashable ZIP of anything!

Search This thread

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Yeah, I've made a little research by testing it - created .zip with my app, uninstalled app & flashed .zip.. and it indeed did a trick for me. :victory: It's so perfect tool I'v been searching for since entering a custom world that I'm totally spechless now. ;)

Anyway, may I ask you for an opinion - as I see it hasn't been updated till may by its dev with beta status for now. Is it totally safe to use it?

Cheers, you've made my day sharing that app with us. :D

I'm happy that it worked for you :highfive:
I can't tell if it's tottaly safe because nothing is perfect, but is a safe tool made by a great dev. I trust in JRummy :silly:

PS: you can't flash your .zip file right after flash a custom ROM, your device will be in a boot loop, first flash the ROM, reboot the system then flash the .zip file.

can it flash kernels?

Hello, it can't flash kernel. It only flash a zip file previously created on your device.
Take a look into Universal Kernel Flash (FREE), just check if your device is listed.

Reactions: malachow

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
On lt26i i can't create any update.zip only I can create update.zip Wi-Fi setting :( I have root. Sorry for my English.

Wysłane z mojego LT26i przy użyciu Tapatalka

Do you receive any kind of error during the creation of the update.zip?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Yes only simple quick and simple message creation update.zip is filed . And red info filled. I don't know what is wrong.

Wysłane z mojego LT26i przy użyciu Tapatalka

Even to create a update.zip of a single APK?

Feb 3, 2010
I tried this app today..it does created a update.zip and restored the app on flashing that zip, but the data is lost.i choose app+ data option to create the zip. am running CM11,stock CM kernel. please suggest

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
I tried this app today..it does created a update.zip and restored the app on flashing that zip, but the data is lost.i choose app+ data option to create the zip. am running CM11,stock CM kernel. please suggest

Maybe it is a incompatibility with KitKat, try to contact the dev.

George_Orever

Dec 5, 2012
Hello, I just created a .zip containing some apps (app+data). then I uninstalled these apps but after restoring from .zip via TWRP/CWM, apps restored perfectly but data apps does not restored. My device galaxy note 2 with Android 4.3 (Ditto Rom 3.1).
Please help me. It's really important to me. Thanks again.

Last edited:

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Hello, I just created a .zip containing some apps (app+data). then I uninstalled these apps but after restoring from .zip via TWRP/CWM, apps restored perfectly but data apps does not restored. My device galaxy note 2 with Android 4.3 (Ditto Rom 3.1).
Please help me. It's really important to me. Thanks again.

Hi,
Open the .zip file, you will see two folders, the META-INF and data. Open the data, you see two folder again, but this time is app and data. Copy the second data files (zip file/data/data) and past into /data located into root of your device. After all reboot your device.
I hope you understand the steps.
Good luck.

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Definitely newsworthy in my opinion. Tested and, as far as I know, works fine on HTC One. Much more convenient than Titanium Backup and now probably my favorite app! Thanks for sharing :)

eduds

Mar 8, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, guys. I'm sharing with you the app ZIPme, it allows you to create a flashable backup ZIP of anything! Build.prop, boot animation, system fonts, accounts, messages, wallpaper, Wi-Fi, apks, apks+data, only data etc.
    It's really easy, I added some screenshots to you.

Tested in:
    Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070)
    Galaxy S III (GT-9300)
    Atrix 4G

Note: if you test tell me to add in list :)

Hope you like!

Words of developer (JRummy Apps):
    ZIPme is in beta. This means there will be bugs and some hiccups.
    ZIPme is a powerful tool to create update ZIP packages to install in recovery. Whether you are a ROM developer or just getting into "root" and "ROMs" ZIPme can simplify your life.

Who should use ZIPme?
    If you install custom ROMs on your rooted Android device then ZIPme can be a powerful tool. ZIPme requires root access.

What does ZIPme do?
    ZIPme creates ZIP packages to install in recovery mode. When you install a new ROM your system is wiped and many times you clear your data. ZIPme can create a package of your apps, data and files you want to install right after a ROM or as a ROM addon. ZIPme programs and signs the update ZIP package so your recovery can install it.

Download through Google Play
    Hello, guys. I'm sharing with you the app ZIPme, it allows you to create a flashable backup ZIP of anything! Build.prop, boot animation, system fonts, accounts, messages, wallpaper, Wi-Fi, apks, apks+data, only data etc.
    It's really easy, I added some screenshots to you.

Tested in:
    Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070) | CyanogenMod 10 | ClockworkMod
    Note: if you test tell me to add in list :)

Hope you like!

Words of developer (JRummy Apps):
    ZIPme is in beta. This means there will be bugs and some hiccups.
    ZIPme is a powerful tool to create update ZIP packages to install in recovery. Whether you are a ROM developer or just getting into "root" and "ROMs" ZIPme can simplify your life.

Who should use ZIPme?
    If you install custom ROMs on your rooted Android device then ZIPme can be a powerful tool. ZIPme requires root access.

What does ZIPme do?
    ZIPme creates ZIP packages to install in recovery mode. When you install a new ROM your system is wiped and many times you clear your data. ZIPme can create a package of your apps, data and files you want to install right after a ROM or as a ROM addon. ZIPme programs and signs the update ZIP package so your recovery can install it.

Download through Google Play

Wow thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    This is one of the most important apps of Android. Please update it to work with Lollipop onwards or Open Source it so that someone else can carry forward your great work.
    On CM13 the app doesn't create the zip file. It doesn't show any error though. The "created" zip is simply invisible to any file browser
    How is this app different from a nandroid backup, or a cwm backup?

You can backup just what you want and it not backup all system (ROM), you can only backup important files to prevent anything.
    Eg, I backup build.prop,
    and boot animation in case of anything go wrong and the phone doesn't boot (making flash ROM again unnecessary).

Enviado do meu GT-I9070