[APP][4.1+] Titcher Shortcut Hero - Task Switcher and Shortcut Helper

Search This thread

BePo23

May 30, 2013
play.google.com
Hi,

I would like to present my most recent app that I developed: Titcher (link to Google Play). I originally started this app as a novel task switcher. However, with recent Android Lollipop API changes (getRecentTasks is deprecated), I made this into a general tool for shortcut access to various device features.

It uses a bubble that is always drawn on top of the screen, with which the shortcut execution can be initiated. As a special, it uses around-body interaction to trigger shortcuts. That means that you can rotate and pitch the phone to go through the shortcuts on different layers.

I would like to improve the app further, and therefore highly appreciate any feedback. Particularly I've the following questions. If any of you tests this app, it would be really cool if you let me know.

• What do you think about the idea/app in general? Particularly the around-body interaction…
  • What do you think about the in-app tutorial? Is everything well explained and can be understood?
  • I made the experience that the Ads load slowly sometimes. Unfortunately, they are a key part of the interaction and needed to monetarise the app at least a bit. If you try the app, could you let me know about the perceived performance and annoyance with these Ads?
  • I once had the issue that the compass is not working properly on an Android 5.0 device. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this bug. Is anybody experiencing similar issues?

If you have any further comments, ideas or feature wishes, please feel free to post them here or send them by email.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,
Benjamin

Changelog
Version: 1.6, Date: 2014-12-18
* Now 3 available shortcut layers in free version
* Added support for contact shortcuts
* Fixed a bug which prevented the shortcut switcher from loading properly
* Fixed a bug that caused the shortcut switcher look completely transparent

Version: 1.5, Date: 2014-12-03
* Added support for several different shortcut types
* Added shortcut layers
* Improved visual appearance
* Made app working on Android 5.0 Lollipop
* Various bug fixes

Version: 1.4, Date: 2014-11-14
* Improved shortcut launch robustness
* Made upgrade process more reliable

Version: 1.3, Date: 2014-11-14
* Initial public release

Screenshots
tsIcOKgMxLe98Xi_EBA-XhuQ1dmALpoTfUrd4DqitcysPhOMG3HGfpSZAAqnXgDS-w=h900

BBnMTsic7IVcqWlrLtQF-qL4k66bKLnddIA0G5XyNo0smRMZejLPWzWucrdGxKtVrpe2=h900

D-xaTEnZMw1PuPRgLebJk_ViWF-W6eNkfyJrLyzDpXOetO61qi6ZRE4BHQvj13y9g-w=h900

fS8qeCu-tEmDQw51pDd0e_KumZzqu4XSc1a3_FZ6lMSR9vCF_6uGSA0OGxSEuosrD_2c=h900

Last edited:

BePo23

May 30, 2013
play.google.com
Hi!

Yesterday, I released Version 1.5 of Titcher. It now uses the new Android material design and looks much more polished. Further, I added layers - that means you can have different shortcuts on several layers, i.e., even more flexibility. Layers can be changed by flicking up/down in the visuals or by tilting the device up or down.

Version: 1.5, Date: 2014-12-03
* Added support for several different shortcut types
* Added shortcut layers
* Improved visual appearance
* Made app working on Android 5.0 Lollipop
* Various bug fixes

It would be great if you could let me know what you think about the features or the app in general.

Thank you!
Benjamin

BePo23

May 30, 2013
play.google.com
Titcher 1.6.1 Update

Hi Folks,

I've been in touch with some of you via private message. Thanks for the support and suggestions so far. Shortly before Christmas, I released another major release of Titcher (version 1.6 and version 1.6.1 for some instant fixes). I would be very happy if you could try it out and let me know any suggestions.

Version: 1.6.1, Date: 2014-12-22
* Interstitial ads appear less frequent

Best Regards,
Benjamin

Reactions: #Henkate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Titcher 1.6.1 Update

Hi Folks,

I've been in touch with some of you via private message. Thanks for the support and suggestions so far. Shortly before Christmas, I released another major release of Titcher (version 1.6 and version 1.6.1 for some instant fixes). I would be very happy if you could try it out and let me know any suggestions.

Version: 1.6.1, Date: 2014-12-22
    * Interstitial ads appear less frequent

Best Regards,
    Benjamin