[App] [Root] LCDDensity (safe)

Search This thread

theonlyrick

Thanks dev!

Like the app, works well on my Note 3.

**Feature request** Is there any we can have a widget that sets phone to a pre-described density (with auto restart)? That way a safe setting can be found and which then easily be applied after a phone reboot.

Also, interesting bug - If I set density to 361, all is OK. If I set it to 360, Google Music loses access to cached music. (I don't know if it's related, but at 360, it also displays 3 albums to a column, instead of 2.)

Cheers for a great app, Richard

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
Force closes as soon as I open the app... Stock rooted HTC one M8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

abhijeetguptag

May 20, 2014
Not Working in Videocon A15+

Hi All,

I am not able to change my resolution of Videocon A15+. Device is already rooted and i am able to see options to set resolution of device but when i click on "Apply (Restart) " , application reboot but resolution is not reflected in the screen. Below are the information of device.

Device Model Number: Videocon A15+
Android: Version :4.2.2
Build number : Videocon_A15+_V2.0_20131017

Every time i am getting error "failed to restart"

Please let me know if any other setting i have to enable for this functionality to work.

Regards,
Abhijeet

Last edited:

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
this app is awesome. Got it working on the LG G3 out of the box. Below 530 DPI stock apps don't play nice (e.g. force close). Otherwise 531 DPI (as opposed to 640 DPI) it looks great.

Bence

Nov 9, 2009
O my Samsung S4 it works well with applications, but the home screen is just smaller in the middle of the screen and not "fit to screen". Same goes with application tab.

And if I select 240 it crashes after restart, it only works on 360.

And shuting down the device and starting it up again makes everything back to default 480.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here video from app I'm developing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD65fDYSGw

Idea is simple - change LCD density without modifying build.prop and almost on the fly.

Application will change LCD density in system, changes will not survive reboot (so if you have wrong settings, pull out battery or restart device and you are back to old settings). For now best way to change density is to reload Android software stack (it will seems like crash but it's intended to be this way).

Now available from Play
    chart
    It was quick and dirty test :) Released test version auto scale should work.

About "LCD Density Changer" - both programs differ in a way how changes are preserved. My program does not write anything on /system, so it's better for those who wants "high res" effect to be available quickly but not all the time (or those who use "LCD Density Changer" and wants to play some games that's not compatible with high resolutions :) ). "LCD Density Changer" saves edits to /system partition - for long term use.
    I know I know, but you must admit - effect is pretty the same :). It is not definitive in one case, which has its pros and cons.

Regardless how cool idea is, I have a problem with app - I installed it, opened it, choosed one option and... nothing. Tried it on 1.6 (official Donut for my country, rooted + busybox) and for Froyo (CM6), same issue :(.
    So I just loaded this app of the market on my Droid 2. Settings >= 180 work flawlessly. Lower settings seem to cause scaling issues with various apps, the most obvious being the status bar (or whatever its called at the top of the screen). I'm going to leave it at 180 to see how it goes.

Thanks!

I'm about the same on my X.

I see how this could be useful to add more rows to my homescreen, but is that the only benefit?
    OP or anyone else, can you explain why lower numbers produce higher resolution screens?

I would have thought as the density decreases, the resolution would get smaller, and text would get bigger, but the opposite seems to be true.
    You are changing "screen density" - You are saying "I have display with big pixels (small density), I need to display more information in one pixel". Or "I have display with small pixels (large density), so I can't read small texts. Please display less information in one pixel so I can actually read something"