Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 42,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from peaklabs.net: We all have many devices at home, this is an attempt to make them work and play together!

[2.1+] MissingLink - PC remote control and peer-to-peer file transfer, synching between devices

Tip us?

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803 View Post
Hehe I must be blind! Thx for the help.
Sorry for the bother.
Hey just saw the messages for today. I initially had it like you want, then sometimes it annoyed me that I'd press back wanting to get out of the screen, and it changed directory... so it's now an option. Kinda want it both ways lol! Any ideas about this, anyone? Is the default of going "back" a screen better than defaulting to "up a dir"?

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
This Screenshot WAS MADE when fully scrolled down! thats whats so strange about it!

Android 4.4.2 on my Sony Xperia Z2
I finally saw it happening on devices here (only if turned landscape-way). I can't explain it not working as is, but I changed a few things around, will work in the next update Thanks for reporting it!

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Or is it intended to scroll down to see the full main screen?
By design for now, some screens can't show all the vertical stuff I've put, if you run a trial it puts even more stuff at the bottom! Might change in future if I redesign the main screen. Any suggestions?

Quote:
The "Download Selected..." Button sure is nice. But especially for Pictures there should be a "Preview" Button, That opens the Picture/Video/Music witouth the need to save it somewhere!
Interesting idea. Yeah I guess it'd be cool to see a low res preview of images on the right as you select them? What do you reckon? Kind of like how explorer does it, but have it on demand to keep traffic low. It's on the ever growing to-do list now

Quote:
I miss the Wake on Lan function. Currently i have an extra App for that, would be cool to see the "last conected devices" (or similar) and then have a "Wake on Lan" button. Or have a Wake on Lan button and then a List of the last Used devices.
That does sound like it could work, I've noted this feature too. I haven't used Wake on Lan myself before to be honest, heard about it for years, but never bothered. So it's been reliable for you with other apps?

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramkhalsa View Post
So the next day at work, it seemed to work fine fine normally as it should! looks like it fixed itself on its own? I took my laptop home and it worked fine on my home wifi, so its not windows 8. and again today at work, as soon as I opened the app it was connected instantly. I don't know what happened before but I am glad its working! Thanks.

Also just to let you know, my work network was just a simple router setup as well, its a small company so no IT or anything complicated.
It's great that it's working I just wish I knew what was causing it to be flakey before.
Even things like devices being low on power and frequently switching wifi off when the screen switches off, or I think UDP doesn't get through but TCP does in some sleep states... *sigh*

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathexe View Post
The app force closes in the following case:

On closing the app selector window in device B, MissingLink app force closes in device B.
Dude thanks heaps for the detailed bug report! I found & fixed it, and found the same thing could happen on several screens, all fixed Will be in the next update!!

vikramkhalsa
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaklabs.net View Post
By design for now, some screens can't show all the vertical stuff I've put, if you run a trial it puts even more stuff at the bottom! Might change in future if I redesign the main screen. Any suggestions?

Interesting idea. Yeah I guess it'd be cool to see a low res preview of images on the right as you select them? What do you reckon? Kind of like how explorer does it, but have it on demand to keep traffic low. It's on the ever growing to-do list now

That does sound like it could work, I've noted this feature too. I haven't used Wake on Lan myself before to be honest, heard about it for years, but never bothered. So it's been reliable for you with other apps?

It would indeed be cool to get a low res preview of the images, sometimes filenames don't tell you much. Have you seen in ES file explorer how you can browse shared folders over lan? You can actually open the files from your pc right on your phone, without saving it anywhere. You can stream music and video right off of it too. It would be cool if you could implement that, although this works fine too. I can just use the other app for those features