Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from peaklabs.net: We all have many devices at home, this is an attempt to make them work and play together!

[2.1+] MissingLink - PC remote control and peer-to-peer file transfer, synching between devices

Tip us?

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default New version (1.0.114) adds Firefox plugin, fixes connectivity!

New version uploaded! 1.0.114.0.

This should fix a lot of the connectivity problems people have been seeing. There was a bug on certain devices/certain ROMs where Missing Link was not able to find the MAC address for the device (which is part of what it uses to differentiate devices on the network). This caused major problems, because devices clashed, having the address "0"!

For Windows, another big new feature has been added - a Firefox plugin! You can now install this into Firefox (no restart required), and it adds context menus - so you can now right click on things and say "Send to Device", and Missing Link will pop up, ask you where, and do it all for you!

Even selected text can be sent to the clipboard of another device from the browser. This finally makes the Windows clipboard/URL sharing experience as nice as the Android one was from the start (with the Android "share" command).

Chrome plugin coming soon!

Let me know of any problems, I'm really hoping it resolves a lot of the connectivity issues!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peaklabs.net For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnwillyums
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default CM 11s and Windows 7

Hi. Just letting you know that this is now working really well.

I've just sat back in an armchair, browsed to a video file on my desktop pc, using MissingLink on my OnePlus One, and chosen

and watched a video

Well done
The Following User Says Thank You to johnwillyums For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]