Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from peaklabs.net: We all have many devices at home, this is an attempt to make them work and play together!

[2.1+] MissingLink - PC remote control and peer-to-peer file transfer, synching between devices

Tip us?

trevor7428
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Is there Micro SD card support for file sync? currently trying out internal sd sync. but just downloaded for first time now. thank you for your hard work

samsung galaxy note 3
samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4
windows 8.1

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor7428 View Post
Is there Micro SD card support for file sync? currently trying out internal sd sync. but just downloaded for first time now. thank you for your hard work

samsung galaxy note 3
samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4
windows 8.1
If you can navigate to it in the browse screen, there shouldn't be anything preventing you from synching with the SD card! I have had someone report that it only syncs once though, let me know how you go!

PS. I've been working on the Linux version for the last 2 weeks, it's coming soon! If anyone wants to test it for me, PM me & let me know

I've rewritten the GUI of the desktop version, I hope you find it to be more user friendly! I'll release it hopefully within 1 week, as it requires a lot of testing still, and I'm a bit unsure how I'll make an "installer" for Linux.

Haldi4803
Old
(Last edited by Haldi4803; 20th August 2014 at 07:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 287
Hi, is it a restriction from root browser or missing link that I can't send (share) .zip files?

Definitely missing links fault that I can't share this .conf files...

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1408555544288.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  31.1 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1408555553350.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  50.9 KB

Edit: Another thing.
The windows part does not support Network drives!
I have my nas mapped to Z:/ but i cant select it when i want to upload stuff to my phone.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MissingLink-Network drive2.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (215.9 KB, 25 views)

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803 View Post
Hi, is it a restriction from root browser or missing link that I can't send (share) .zip files?

Definitely missing links fault that I can't share this .conf files...
Hmmm yeah a bug there - what's happening is if you use the "Share" command on Android, ML gets stuff in a different way then if you browse to it and copy. Currently it only supports sharing text & links, so if you manage to use ML via a Share command it brings up that error. I planned to initially do text, then images, then all files - I'll try put more effort into it for the next release

Quote:
Edit: Another thing.
The windows part does not support Network drives!
I have my nas mapped to Z:/ but i cant select it when i want to upload stuff to my phone.
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll try it out here too, I thought I had it going with a network drive on my HTPC at home, but the drive has since failed - so I haven't tested that in a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to peaklabs.net For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Linux version BETA VERSION

So the Linux version is coming together... still an early buggy but if anyone wants to give it a try, you can get it here:
http://www.peaklabs.net/missinglinkf...load.php?id=10

The keyboard sends some weird things down, media (play/next/prev) buttons don't work, but mouse, volume control and file transfers should all work! I'm not sure if opening URL's works, that might also be incomplete.

Please, if anyone gives this a try, send all feedback either as PM or the support page on http://www.peaklabs.net
Officially I have not put this up anywhere yet, so you're trying an early preview. Please don't rate things based on this early Linux preview yet, as it's still a work in progress, but I'd be very happy with some early feedback.

Thanks heaps!

peaklabs.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
So I'm not exactly blown away by the excitement for a Linux version, but when I first put the app up I had several people asking for it. I guess the stats about OS % use out there are true Anyway I've switched to more useful things, a new release is coming soon which should fix a lot of the issues raised here. Keep an eye out!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peaklabs.net For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RASTAVIPER
Old
(Last edited by RASTAVIPER; 9th September 2014 at 09:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 286
This is an excellent utility!
I wanted to copy a folder of 12.5Gb from my android box to my pc and with wifi explorer pro I had only 1,5-2mb/s during transfer.
With ML I got 6,86mb/s which is fantastic!
Thank you for this tool!

P.S. Finally the transfer had a problem. Got the message at State that 10 ok, 2 Failed and transfer stopped at 35%.
Why it couldn't continue with rest of them? And also speed should have gone to 0 and it continued to show the transfer speed as before. I think these things should be fixed, cause I didn't understand when it got the problem.
Phone 1: NEXUS 4 16GB, Rooted, Stock 4.4.4, Hells core b47
Phone 2: HTC DESIRE HD @1.2Ghz Rooted with JellyTime 4.2 R11 1900mah Anker battery
Tablet 1: TABLET v975m 32gb v3: custom 1.10 Rom
Tablet 2: TV BOX CS968, GEASS custom Rom

Droidphilev
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Hi,

Sounds great and i will try it out soon. Only one small thing that i think that's not there: sending WOL packages.

EDIT: and even better a power menu to sleep/hibernate/power off pc (htpc)