Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[2.1+] MissingLink - cross platform file sharing/synching and device remote control

OP peaklabs.net

Announcement from peaklabs.net: We all have many devices at home, this is an attempt to make them work and play together!
31st October 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 403

2,055 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaklabs.net

Hmmm I'm torn guys!! I've thought of both these methods previously too - Going 1 step beyond Haldi's suggestion I thought I could automatically copy music to a Music folder, photos to a Photos folder etc.

Problem here is, what if it's a big folder of mixed files? Also, if I just copied to a standard /MissingLink folder on the Android device, when you've copied it you still need to then open up a File Manager and navigate to /MissingLink and copy it to /sdcard/Music for example. So that seems much worse than the existing functionality doesn't it? Sure if it's just 1 file and you don't mind where it ends up this seems easier... Maybe I need both the "copy" and the "quick download" button. One other thing is I want to make "copy" work in any scenario... currently you can only:
Copy from your device, paste on another
OR
Copy from other device, paste on yours

I want to make it so you can also:
Copy on device X and paste on Y (neither are yours)
Copy on your device and paste on yours

RASTAVIPER: I also thought of having the 2 panels showing source & destination folders... and infact still intend to put this in a future version. Problem here is with screen space. It would work really well on a tablet, but on a phone I already had a hard time shoving in the device name and path, putting it side by side I think would be quite squashy (especially on a < 5" phone).

I definitely need to make some changes, as that current icon isn't recognised I think. Whaddaya reckon?

You shouldn't worry about double panels in small screens.
Solid explorer for example is very popular in phones no matter the size of screen because it has dual panels.

Unleashed from Onda v957m
The Following User Says Thank You to RASTAVIPER For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaklabs.net

RASTAVIPER: I also thought of having the 2 panels showing source & destination folders... and infact still intend to put this in a future version. Problem here is with screen space. It would work really well on a tablet, but on a phone I already had a hard time shoving in the device name and path, putting it side by side I think would be quite squashy (especially on a < 5" phone).

mhmm.... why not with 1 panel and a popup ?
After you select source file/folder and press "copy" a poup shows the Target folder structure and you can press "paste"
Somewhat like it is now, but it needs to automatically open target folder structure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #123  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 81

65 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

mhmm.... why not with 1 panel and a popup ?
After you select source file/folder and press "copy" a poup shows the Target folder structure and you can press "paste"
Somewhat like it is now, but it needs to automatically open target folder structure.

Good points... Thanks for the tips! I'm already working on some UI changes so I'll try put these in the next build too. Is anyone having the "pro" features disappearing after a few days? From other reports it seems that may have been fixed finally!
21st November 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,488 posts
More
2 other things i stumbled across.
1: you cannot upload files to your external SD card when you're on the computer. (guess thats the KitKat Problem!)
2: when you upload a file, you browse to the folder... upload a file... and next time you start again at system32, would be great to have a memory effect and automatically open the last browsed folder.
7th December 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #125  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 81

65 posts
More
Drive Version 1.1.12 is out!
Just wanted to pass on the big news - a new version is out and it adds dual file browse panels, so you can now see your local device side by side with your remote device. I hesitated for a while to do this but added it finally. On small screens it might be a bit difficult, but I've tried it on a tiny 3.5" 240x320 screen and it's still usable so I hope it works for everyone.

The old style checkboxes next to each file have been removed too in favour of the new more Android-like "long-press to select an item" methodology.

Also lots of changes have been made to the UI, more buttons have been added to the action bar, a "Remote Control" button has been added to the file browser, etc. Infact I'm still working on new changes. My next targets are the start-up screen, which looks pretty bad on tablets!

Please give it a shot and let me know what you think of the new browse screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread