[GUIDE] Play Hearthstone on any Rooted Android device!

OP SethPDA

16th December 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 256

224 posts
Donate to Me
More

This guide will help you get Hearthstone running on your Rooted Android device!

Note: I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, with 1 GB of RAM, Broadcom GPU, 1,2Ghz Dual Core CPU, and with the settings below, it runs with about 25-30 FPS.

Requirements:
-Rooted Android device with minimum 1GB RAM(I don't think it's possible running it with less than that, but I haven't tested) - Follow Link
-Xposed Framework - Follow Link
-App Settings - Xposed Module - Follow Link
-Latest version of GLTools - Follow Link
-Brain.exe version 2.0

GLTools is a highly experimental program! I am not taking any responsibility if it causes any problem to your device!
Xposed is also risky for use on certain devices! I am not taking any responsibility if it causes any problem to your device!

Follow the steps:
  1. Make sure your device is rooted. You can do that, by clicking on the link from the "Requirements" section
  2. Install Xposed Framework from the "Requirements" section. I won't go into detail, but you should already know how to use it, if not, search for a tutorial somewhere.
  3. Install App Settings xposed module from the "Requirements" section. Also not going into detail. Go to next step after you have it activated.
  4. Download Hearthstone: APK and OBB files
  5. Install Hearthstone and place the 2 .obb files in
    Code:
    /sdcard/Android/obb/com.blizzard.wtcg.hearthstone
    If there is no folder, create it.
  6. Open App settings xposed module, scroll down to Hearthstone, check the box which says "xlarge res" and save it.
  7. Hearthstone now should run just fine. Have fun!

In case you have framerate issues like I did(mine was running with 5 fps at first), follow these steps too.
I would like to add a note here. These adjustments differ from device to device, but in general, it should make the game run much smoother.
  1. Install GLTools from the "Requirements" section and open it.
  2. Search for Hearthstone
  3. Check the first checkbox, which will enable the graphical modifications for the game.
  4. Enable the following settings:
    Code:
    Anti-aliasing - Disable (force);
    Force 16-bit rendering - Checked;
    Optimize GLSL shaders - Checked;
    Enable texture decompression - All;
    Downscale textures - 0.5x(won't really affect the appearance of the game, but it will make it run much smoother)
    Use FPS Counter - Onscreen(this is optional, but I enabled it so I can see how much FPS I have)
    Simple MapBuffer emulation - Checked;

With these settings, I got Hearthstone from 4-5 FPS up to 15-20 FPS, which is indeed great, and the best of all, now it's playable!
Have fun and have a wonderful day!
Last edited by SethPDA; 30th December 2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Hearthstone links have been updated (fixed broken link)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SethPDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 60

361 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice! Work here on note 4

Enviado do meu SM-N910F através de Tapatalk
17th December 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
More
There's also this great guide on how to modify the APK in order to run it without root or Xposed! I tested and it's working on my Nexus 4 running Lollipop.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...phone_no_root/
Last edited by megazz; 17th December 2014 at 02:21 AM.
17th December 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
Thumbs up Here it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megazz

There's also this great guide on how to modify the APK in order to run it without root or Xposed! I tested and it's working on my Nexus 4 running Lollipop.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...phone_no_root/

Found this version here: http://goo.gl/ah8tbu
All files you need are included.
Works fine on my Note 2.
18th December 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Skyfire Isle
Thanks Meter: 4

2 posts
I have a question:

- Does my Tablet needs to be Rooted in order to open GLTools and lower the fr? I kind of want a smoother game on my Nexus 7 2012 but I wasn't really on the mood of rooting (will do If theres no other choice)
18th December 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 21

173 posts
More
No way to have this running on a 512 ram android tablet ?

Would love to play this on my old kindle fire (first gen).
18th December 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

216 posts
its says folder link not supported when downloading obb folder from mega link.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
18th December 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 256

224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khankk42

its says folder link not supported when downloading obb folder from mega link.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Try downloading it on your PC, then transfer all the files to your device. The Mega app still does not support(for some strange reason) mega folders. These can only be downloaded on your PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therethere

No way to have this running on a 512 ram android tablet ?

Would love to play this on my old kindle fire (first gen).

I have not tested it on a device with 512MB ram. The official requirements are 1GB, but if you lower the graphics with GLtools, it might work even on 512MB ram. Try it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenEffect

I have a question:

- Does my Tablet needs to be Rooted in order to open GLTools and lower the fr? I kind of want a smoother game on my Nexus 7 2012 but I wasn't really on the mood of rooting (will do If theres no other choice)

Yes, GLTools needs root sadly, but it is capable of "black magic"! It even allows you to run even Tegra games on your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to SethPDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #9  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 21

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDA

Try downloading it on your PC, then transfer all the files to your device. The Mega app still does not support(for some strange reason) mega folders. These can only be downloaded on your PC...

I have not tested it on a device with 512MB ram. The official requirements are 1GB, but if you lower the graphics with GLtools, it might work even on 512MB ram. Try it out

Yes, GLTools needs root sadly, but it is capable of "black magic"! It even allows you to run even Tegra games on your device.

I was messing around with GLtools to try to put hearthstone running on my 512mb ram android tablet, but i dont have any idea what i have to change to set it up... can you give me some tips?
19th December 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
LG G3
Hey guys ive followed all the steps but when the game loads i get a screen telling me "Sorry hearthstone currently only runs on Android Tablets 6" or larger." any ideas?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread