Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+]Alephbet Hiragana - Learn Japanese Hiragana

Tip us?
 
PharaohsVizier
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2012
Tutorial [APP][2.2+]Alephbet Hiragana - Learn Japanese Hiragana

Alephbet Hiragana will teach you to read and write Japanese Hiragana quickly and effectively. Unlike other apps that push overnight memorization, Alephbet Hiragana takes you through ten short, manageable lessons and gives you the reading practice you need. You will only encounter words, phrases and sentences that use the Hiragana you've learned so far.

Popup ViewLesson View

By the end of the lessons, you will have incrementally learned and practiced each of the Hiragana and committed them to memory. Learn to read and write at a natural pace without the help of mnemonics or tricks.

Features:
* Ten lessons that cover pronunciation and reading tips
* Reading practice with carefully chosen words that you can actually read
* Writing practice on the popup view
* Audio examples to perfect your reading

Available FREE on the Play Store

Feedback and comments are happily accepted. Thank you!
 
PharaohsVizier
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2012
Following up Alephbet Hiragana is Alephbet Katakana. Katakana is challenging because it occurs so infrequently, but with words specifically picked for the application, Alephbet Katakana will give you a list of words and phrases to practice on. Just like Alephbet Hiragana, you will encounter only the Katakana you've learned so far in your lessons, so you can practice reading whole, complete words and phrases.

Lessons
Writing

Available FREE on the Play Store

Feedback and criticism is gladly accepted.
 
souler456
Old
#3  
souler456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: C:/Earth/Asia/Philippines/Laguna/Calamba
Any chance to create one for Kanji?


Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆


 


ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.4 Unofficial by fusionjack(09/01)

Kernel: Stock SlimKernel

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪( ロ ๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

 


CPU Freq > 1GHz

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW

Tweaks > Download Here. For PegasusQ only


 
PharaohsVizier
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456 View Post
Any chance to create one for Kanji?
Yes Kanji is in the pipeline, it is being brainstormed right now. The approach we have planned is a little different, with the lessons covering things like radicals and groupings rather than the most common kanji to the least common. However, this will be several weeks down the line. Both the Katakana and Hiragana apps will be getting content updates first, and frankly kanji is just a tougher one to approach. But keep an eye out, I'll make another post to this thread when it comes out.
The Following User Says Thank You to PharaohsVizier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
souler456
Old
#5  
souler456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: C:/Earth/Asia/Philippines/Laguna/Calamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
Yes Kanji is in the pipeline, it is being brainstormed right now. The approach we have planned is a little different, with the lessons covering things like radicals and groupings rather than the most common kanji to the least common. However, this will be several weeks down the line. Both the Katakana and Hiragana apps will be getting content updates first, and frankly kanji is just a tougher one to approach. But keep an eye out, I'll make another post to this thread when it comes out.
Thanks! I'm really having a hard time learning and memorizing Kanjis. I'm hoping that it will be user-friendly and of course, really easy to cope and learn with...


Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆


 


ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.4 Unofficial by fusionjack(09/01)

Kernel: Stock SlimKernel

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪( ロ ๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

 


CPU Freq > 1GHz

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW

Tweaks > Download Here. For PegasusQ only


 
PharaohsVizier
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456 View Post
Thanks! I'm really having a hard time learning and memorizing Kanjis. I'm hoping that it will be user-friendly and of course, really easy to cope and learn with...
Kanji is definitely challenging, sadly practice is a must and repeated exposure. We're still brainstorming, but at the moment our approach seems to be to touch on common radicals, structures, placement and basically tackle how each kanji is written. The idea is that we can only cover maybe 100 kanji in the app, but the lessons will give you some tools to guess at the meaning of the kanji and also give you a systematic way of organizing them as you learn. By breaking down the kanji to some components, memorization should come easier than the brute method used by most textbooks.
The Following User Says Thank You to PharaohsVizier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
souler456
Old
#7  
souler456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: C:/Earth/Asia/Philippines/Laguna/Calamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
Kanji is definitely challenging, sadly practice is a must and repeated exposure. We're still brainstorming, but at the moment our approach seems to be to touch on common radicals, structures, placement and basically tackle how each kanji is written. The idea is that we can only cover maybe 100 kanji in the app, but the lessons will give you some tools to guess at the meaning of the kanji and also give you a systematic way of organizing them as you learn. By breaking down the kanji to some components, memorization should come easier than the brute method used by most textbooks.
Suggestion: Since you said "practice", a Mini-Games or Short-Quizzes would be helpful for it... And since you said "exposure", some Reading Practice Section (like read a sentence and translate it) would be good as well... desune?

Of course, it's still a suggestion, so no forcing this onto you is intended...


Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆


 


ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.4 Unofficial by fusionjack(09/01)

Kernel: Stock SlimKernel

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪( ロ ๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

 


CPU Freq > 1GHz

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW

Tweaks > Download Here. For PegasusQ only


 
PharaohsVizier
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456 View Post
Suggestion: Since you said "practice", a Mini-Games or Short-Quizzes would be helpful for it... And since you said "exposure", some Reading Practice Section (like read a sentence and translate it) would be good as well... desune?

Of course, it's still a suggestion, so no forcing this onto you is intended...
Thanks for the suggestions. The practice section will feature longer sentences and probably some paragraphs. I think mini games might be a bit far off for now, but it's definitely something we would like to implement. Someone else suggested playing sounds and a blank canvas which is pretty cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to PharaohsVizier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
souler456
Old
#9  
souler456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: C:/Earth/Asia/Philippines/Laguna/Calamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. The practice section will feature longer sentences and probably some paragraphs. I think mini games might be a bit far off for now, but it's definitely something we would like to implement. Someone else suggested playing sounds and a blank canvas which is pretty cool.
Blank canvas? Like you practice handwriting and strokes there? Where's your official site, by the way?


Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆


 


ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.4 Unofficial by fusionjack(09/01)

Kernel: Stock SlimKernel

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪( ロ ๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

 


CPU Freq > 1GHz

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW

Tweaks > Download Here. For PegasusQ only


 
PharaohsVizier
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456 View Post
Blank canvas? Like you practice handwriting and strokes there? Where's your official site, by the way?
Yep exactly. Someone suggested that we prompt users with either the sound files or text prompts and ask users to write out the hiragana character without the word printed on the back. Pretty simple.

Unfortunately we don't have an official site. It doesn't seem like it'd be worth the time for such a simple app. :P

Tags
app, hiragana, japanese
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes