OP aritraroy

9th August 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 79

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
ANNOUNCEMENT - I Need Your Help To Translate Andrognito To Your Language - Translators Will Obviously Get Their Credit & A Premium Version (Once Launched) Of This App For Free!

What's Andrognito?

With Andrognito, you can now keep your confidential and important files which you don't want others to access, hidden inside your Android device with our advanced 3-Layer Encryption Engine. In short, Andrognito is a modern sentinel that hides and locks all your personal and confidential data from snoopers in real time.

Gone are those days, when your friends peek into your phone to see your personal photos, your colleagues stalking your tablet to access your client lists, with Andrognito you can be rest assured that all your important files are in safe hands and nobody except you can access them ever.

All the important files like pictures, videos, documents, apps are securely hidden inside a safe vault which nobody except you with the PIN (or password) can access, thereby giving you complete control over your device's privacy. It is simple, fast and fluid and can hide files and folders in blazing fast speed (thanks to its "Flash Mode").

Why Will You Use Andrognito?

Andrognito sports a variety of features which will make you fall in love with this app,

• Powerful 3-Layer Encryption Engine that securely locks and hides all your files for complete protection
• Supports hiding of all kinds of files (like Documents, Images, Videos, ZIP, Apps)
• Hide Photos & Videos fast and securely
• Unique Stealth Mode feature to deceive intruders into a fake vault
• "Invisible Mode" lets you hide the app from launcher and open via dialer
• Modern and state-of-the-art flat and minimal user interface
• Prevents brute force attacks by automatically locking the app for 15 minutes after 3 failed login attempts.

What Is Andrognito’s 3-Layer Encryption Engine?

Android already offers a simple way of hiding files and folders by placing a “.” in front of the file or folder names, however breaking such thing is a child’s play.

At Codex, protecting your important files from the hands of intruders is our primary goal. After months of research we have developed a simple, light-weight and unique algorithm that makes it virtually impossible for anyone to access your hidden files and folders without your 4-digit secure PIN.

Andrognito is much more than just hiding and securing your files and folders with popular encryption algorithms available. It uses our unique 3-Layer Encryption Engine to apply 3 different and powerful layers of security for each file that you want to hide.

Your files are folders completely locked and hidden and are so secured that they cannot even be accessed if someone copies all the data from your device and tries to run the app on another device, as the encryption process is device sensitive, making it virtually unbreakable. However, if you do succeed in breaking this security we would love to hear from you.

The Algorithm in Brief

i) In the first layer, Andrognito gives some minor protection by just changing the file names into some completely random name which makes it entirely disguised from normal users. It also appends a "." prefix before the file names so that the files do not get visible in apps like Gallery, Music Player, etc.

ii) In the second layer, it puts the files in a secure container and encrypts the file using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256), keeping your files very secured internally. This layer is sandwiched between the two unique layers of Andrognito.

iii) In the third layer, Andrognito gives some finishing touches by protecting the container using a strong password, generated uniquely for each and every single file and renaming the ADG container with some random name for further security.

There is absolutely nothing for you to worry about while using this app. Your files are completely safe in the hands of Andrognito.

Why in the BETA Version?

After rigorous testing, we are finally convinced that Andrognito is ready to face the world, however we are currently staying in BETA version since there might be some bugs in the app that have escaped our notice.

Therefore we would advise you not to currently hide any sensitive files that are of paramount importance to you as there might be some chances that you lose those files and get into a mess. We are constantly improving our app and we hope to get our final version ready shortly.

In the meantime, we would love to hear reports and feedbacks from you about the good and sometimes about the bad things too.

Disclaimer: - Never remove any file with ".adg" extension as these files are maintained by Andrognito and may contain sensitive information.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

1) Can it hide any kind of files?
Ans - It can hide any type of file you can think of. It can hide pictures, videos, documents, apps, etc. with ease.

2) What happens if I uninstall the app?
Ans - You should unhide all the files before uninstalling your app, otherwise you may lose all the data you have hidden.

3) What is the Stealth Mode?
Ans - The Stealth Mode gives you a fake vault where you can keep some fake files to deceive intruders from seeing the real vault. All the files that you have hidden in your real vault, will never be visible in the fake vault.

4) What is I forget my PIN?
Ans - You can always retrieve your PIN by answering the security question. It is always recommended to set the security question just after registering.

5) Is there any chance that I lose my files?
Ans - Chances are very less that you will lose any file you hide. But in the Beta version, things can go wrong sometimes. Please report any error to help us make this app even better.

Screenshots

Download

Please download the app from Play Store through the link given below.

Translation

I would like to thank all the translators who have given their immense support in translating Andrognito to their languages. Thanking you would not be enough, so I would like to credit you and give you the premium version of this app once released.

Translation Project Link - https://crowdin.com/project/andrognito/invite

Please head over to the link and join the translation. Please leave a reply as you are participating in the translation, so that I can add your name here.

::Translators::

Italian - Widget74

I need your help in making this app better. Your suggestions and improvements are most needed.

Please leave a reply and HIT THE THANKS button.

Last edited by aritraroy; 10th September 2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Translation Added
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to aritraroy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pilkhuwa
Thanks Meter: 30

500 posts
More
What if I backup the app+data with Titanium Backup, and restore in a new ROM. Will I lose my files??

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 2
9th August 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
A very good query. In that case, you will not lose any of your data from Andrognito.
9th August 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 58

175 posts
Please add apk as attachment on OP.
Thank you
9th August 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Pilkhuwa

500 posts
More
App has good UI but basic functionalities, will love to see option to preview images, videos etc added. Then I'll definitely switch over to this.

Keep up the good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to mushipkw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

Please add apk as attachment on OP.
Thank you

Please let me know what problem do you face in downloading the app from the Play Store.

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aritraroy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushipkw

App has good UI but basic functionalities, will love to see option to preview images, videos etc added. Then I'll definitely switch over to this.

Keep up the good work.

Andrognito already have got all the features you have mentioned. When you navigate to any folder containing photos and videos, Andrognito shows a large and beautiful thumbnail of it. Please let me know if there is any bug, so that I can fix it. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to aritraroy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #8  
Flag Pilkhuwa

500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aritraroy

Andrognito already have got all the features you have mentioned. When you navigate to any folder containing photos and videos, Andrognito shows a large and beautiful thumbnail of it. Please let me know if there is any bug, so that I can fix it. Thanks.

I mean after encryption.

11th August 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushipkw

I mean after encryption.

Yes, surely. I am planning to add that feature very soon before moving off beta.

Please add some feedbacks on how its working, and what can be improved.

11th August 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 13

104 posts
More
Would be great if you add hiding messages too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
file encrypt, file hiding, flat design, hiding, stealth
Previous Thread Next Thread