Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0.3+] Open Camera

Tip us?

mdwh
Old
(Last edited by mdwh; Yesterday at 10:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
not sure if many use the video recording features, but it would be nice if you could pause the recording and resume instead of just stopping. would be even awesome if you could pause the video, switch to the other camera and continue recording... is that even possible?
I don't think Android has direct support for this, though it could be done by joining the separate video parts afterwards (e.g., using ffmpeg library)... For now though, a workaround is to combine the resultant videos yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdwh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dimm0k
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwh View Post
I don't think Android has direct support for this, though it could be done by joining the separate video parts afterwards (e.g., using ffmpeg library)... For now though, a workaround is to combine the resultant videos yourself.
thanks for the quick response and the work you've put into the app. thought I'd ask about the switching of cameras, though I had a feeling it wasn't going to be possible. however it would be really nice if you could add a way to pause the video recording.

mdwh
Old
(Last edited by mdwh; Yesterday at 11:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Version 1.20 is now released!

Main new feature is a new popup menu (the "dot" icon) that allows quick access to flash, focus, ISO, white balance, scene mode, color effect, camera resolution, timer.

So this means you can switch to any flash or focus mode in two clicks rather than having to cycle through. Also there's the benefit of not having to inadvertently turn on the torch when cycling flash, or having to go past "continuous video" focus, which is slow to change to. (A theoretical downside is that cycling to the next flash or focus now requires two clicks instead of one, but overall I think it's a lot better.)

Changing ISO, white balance, scene mode etc can now also be done quickly in two clicks.

Also a couple of bug fixes, and a new icon. It's quite a different style, and I know some people won't like the change But I wanted to accept an icon made specifically for Open Camera; I find it more interesting than the old icon; and it works better on both dark and light backgrounds. The real test will be if this affects downloads, for better or worse Thanks to Cosmin Saveanu who created the icon for me; you can read about it at http://aboutfoto.wordpress.com/2014/...r-open-camera/ .
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mdwh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PŁnchUp
Old
Thanks Meter 531
I like the icon. It's unique.
Thanks for the update

hadi_rena
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwh View Post
I don't know whether my info will help you or not, but my moto g default camera (motorola camera) able to pause/resume video recording. AFAIK this ability added after upgrading android into 4.4.3.
Primary Phone: Motorola Moto G (XT1032)
Running this phone without any modification

Secondary Phone : LG Optimus 2X (P990) [SOLD]

ROM : SlimBean 4.2
Kernel : Kowalski Kernel
Recovery : TWRP 2.x.x

Did I help you? Hit thanks or help me increase my cloud storage by using my referral

Copy.com with additional 5 GB : here (15 GB + 5 GB) for free
Want additional space at dropbox ? register with this link : Dropbox with additional 500MB
Tags
camera, open source, photo, video