Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][4.0.3+] Open Camera

OP mdwh

24th September 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 1,010

2,107 posts
Tried the new interface, works just fine. Might place the colorization options there as well. An optional controls pane is a good idea. Kept simple. Focal is overkill.

I still find it confusing as to when picture will actually be taken. Stock has an autofocus on long press of button, snap picture when button is released. Opencamera potentially has several ways to apply focus. Maybe need an optional dedicated snap it button, maybe HW. Several cameras have the power button available but this one is the least reliable of all.
24th September 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #72  
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 644

1,818 posts
More
Hardware button has still broken half-press to focus
Instead to trigger adjustement once, it continously gets in action

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
26th September 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #73  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 109

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polosan

thanks mod, your app is great.
but why the result is mirror when capture using front camera?
how to setting off ?

That's standard Android behaviour. It's possible to turn it off ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-facing-camera ), so I've added an option for this to my TODO.
28th September 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwh

That's standard Android behaviour. It's possible to turn it off ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-facing-camera ), so I've added an option for this to my TODO.

could this app do? because my default camera not like that
24th October 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Just started using it and its great... especially for shaky hands.

TBH I don't find any difference in terms of PQ from the stock camera... but I've taken tons of shaky/fuzzy pics that are fixed by this app.
15th November 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Could you explain new function Auto ISO HJR?
I got pure black when I was tried this.
16th November 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #77  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Version 1.21 is now released!

* Fixed problem with broadcasts for new picture/video - should fix problems with auto-upload for Owncloud.
* Option to stamp photos with date/time, and also GPS if location data is enabled.
* New lock screen widgets, and also a new shortcut "Take Photo" to automatically start and take a photo[*].
* Popup menu button now shows flash indicator (for flash auto or on).
* Cleaned up settings - removed some options that are more easily set from the popup menu.
* New material design icon.
* Other minor fixes.
[*] - Annoyingly I have had some criticisms and a bad review from some people complaining at there being two icons in All Apps for an app. I did consider doing it as a 1x1 widget, but this isn't recommended ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...on-label-style ). Google themselves do this ("Google" and "Voice Search" are both icons for the Google Search app). If it's controversial I can remove it or switch to a widget after all, though it's hard to judge what mot people really think, and Camera MX has done it this way for years with seemingly little complaint.

This does highlight the depressing problem on Google Play where ironically adding a new feature can end you up with lower ratings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grojan

Could you explain new function Auto ISO HJR?
I got pure black when I was tried this.

The ISO setting just offers the modes returned by the camera driver - http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50107202 has some info, and it seems that other camera apps don't manage to support this option well either. I suspect the problem is that ISO isn't something officially supported by the Android camera API (at least pre-5.0), so 3rd party camera apps can only set ISO by going through some unofficial parameters.
Last edited by mdwh; 16th November 2014 at 04:14 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mdwh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thumbs up
thumbs up for new app icon.
is it affecting downloads?
18th November 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #79  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theomonty

thumbs up for new app icon.
is it affecting downloads?

Thanks! Downloads seem to be unchanged by it, I'd tested it for some time before on Google Play before updating it in the app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, open source, photo, video
Previous Thread Next Thread