This is a wonderful app
28th December 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #82  
Flag Spain
Thanks Meter: 116

759 posts
More
@mdwh

Great app!

I am an spanish user of this awesome app. I feel that spanish translation in this app is so... redundant, and I want to collaborate with you translating better all strings of the app, if you want.

Please, send me a private message and we are in touch with this issue

PD: a suggestion! In the screen, the gallery button could have an option to search the latest photo taken in all device or only the latest photo taken in the Open Camera save folder (the best choice ).

I told this because I have some photos with a future date some years ahead (these photos must be deleted to avoid that problem with gallery button) and it's tedious to understand what's going on when you trying to open gallery app from the Open Camera, and it opens other photo instead the one you took.
Last edited by guijarrelson; 28th December 2014 at 02:36 AM.
29th December 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 95

518 posts
is it my device, Samsung Galaxy S5, or did the latest update make taking pictures twice as long? previously I would take a picture and wait a second or two. Now it takes many seconds before the picture is taken...
13th January 2015, 08:44 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 80

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwh

The ISO setting just offers the modes returned by the camera driver - http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50107202 has some info, and it seems that other camera apps don't manage to support this option well either. I suspect the problem is that ISO isn't something officially supported by the Android camera API (at least pre-5.0), so 3rd party camera apps can only set ISO by going through some unofficial parameters.

After test driving this app on my Galaxy Nexus (toro running 4.4.4 OmniRom), it seems that manual ISO controls are being completely ignored. The modes I can set are Auto, 100, 200, 400, and 800. After snapping a bunch of pictures with ISO set manually to 100 and 800 (I was hoping to compare as historically photos with this phone usually have a lot of noise), and looking at the exif data, I'm seeing values of 320, 400, 428, 500, 640.

Perhaps my phone simply doesn't allow manual ISO controls so the app is falling back on a default set? Would be nice to not have the options display if they aren't functional. I can provide more information if it would be of any help. Most of these shots were taken with focus set to macro and white balance set to flourescent, although some were otherwise on full auto, not sure if any of that would be relevant.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeSyr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, open source, photo, video
Previous Thread Next Thread