FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][4.0.3+] Open Camera

17th April 2015, 01:13 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Great app. A few observations/questions:

1) the timer sound is the same as the notification sound. this sounds ridiculous on my phone so I have to turn it off. Any chance this can be changed to a click or beep or something?
2) when i press the thumbnail icon to look at the picture i just took android shows me the `open with` screen in landscape, even though the picture was taken in portrait. None of the orientation options makes any difference.
3) exposure seems to be handled by pointing the phone at something to set the automatic exposure how you like it, then locking it. any chance of adding spot exposure, or changing the draggable exposure compensation so that it becomes an absolute, not relative value?
4) option to remove/move toasts as the exposure compensation, for example, appears over the +/- buttons each time you make a change. The resolution of the photo appears occasionally too.
5) On features such as the auto-stabilise, does this count as another generation in terms of jpeg compression (ie android gives you a jpeg; you decode it into a bitmap, rotate and then compress again)?
6) will you be supporting raw mode in the future (not that my phone currently supports it!) ?
7) maximum brightness set to on is the oddest default i've ever seen on an android app! I wonder how many people don't change it immediately!
8) It just made my phone reboot!

I'm on android 5.0.2 on the z3.
Last edited by Webern; 17th April 2015 at 01:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Webern For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th April 2015, 02:30 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Open Camera is my choice for most of my captures. There are 2 features I miss a lot from stock camera on my G3:
- flash-like white frame around screen for front camera
- a gesture for selfies (like Snapi)
18th April 2015, 03:06 PM |#103  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 7

More
does this support camera 2 api for lollipop?
21st April 2015, 01:30 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Pics coming at an angle !!!
Hi there,
Been using Open Camera since long .
But since last few days finding that all my pics are being taken at an angle. So the pics wont contain the face of the subject or the important things are being cut from the frame .

Have not changed the settings and such cos it was perfect for me.

Any clues how to get this bug cleared??
21st April 2015, 01:44 PM |#105  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob to android

Hi there,
Been using Open Camera since long .
But since last few days finding that all my pics are being taken at an angle. So the pics wont contain the face of the subject or the important things are being cut from the frame .

Have not changed the settings and such cos it was perfect for me.

Any clues how to get this bug cleared??

Wipe app cache. If this doesn't solve the problem, backup your current settings and delete data for Open Camera.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, open source, photo, video
Previous Thread Next Thread