FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

[APP][4.0.3+] Open Camera

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 142

By mdwh, Member on 17th August 2014, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th June 2015, 08:22 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hi,
I installed the last version on playstore and when i change the location saving path from the "open camera" to my "camera" location path, the photos are saved on the beginning of the folder and not after the last saved photos. Its an one case situation or one of you have been through the same?
Cheers...

LG L7 P700 + CyanHacker Rom + LSpeed
Last edited by joaozx; 29th June 2015 at 11:20 PM.

1st July 2015, 08:40 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
It would be nice to have slomotion video capture.. like Samsung Galaxy s5...

Sent from my LG-D955 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd July 2015, 01:42 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I am amazed by this program.
Good job, thank you, Sir.
But, please, keep posting new versions outside of googlemafia links, too.
Last edited by xo.en; 3rd July 2015 at 01:45 PM.
5th July 2015, 11:37 PM |#124  
Flag Pilsen - The City of Beer :)
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Really great app!
Photos looks much better, exposure measurement finally works as it should!
Fast and easy to use.

I have only two bugs (HTC EVO 3D GSM with CM 10.2):
1.) When I use HW camera button, on half press (focusing) the app keep focusing until you release the button (instead of one focus and then lock it)
2.) I'm not able to open color correction option (but I don't even need it )
(the last thing is, that torch flash doesn't work as it should. When it takes the photo, the flash goes off. But that's probably problem on all apps which I tried)

Only thing which I'm missing is panorama mod
12th July 2015, 06:40 PM |#125  
OP Member

More
I've had a few bug reports on the hardware shutter button not working correctly - unfortunately I don't have such a device to test on, and it's not clear what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmyx1

I like the layout.. Good job Does this app support sharing on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook ?
Pcappstore

You can either share images you've taken from your Gallery app - or if you have "Pause after taking photo" enabled (under Settings/More camera controls), a share icon is shown after taking each photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.en

I am amazed by this program.
Good job, thank you, Sir.
But, please, keep posting new versions outside of googlemafia links, too.

Yep, I'll always be posting the APKs on the Open Camera site, and it's also distributed on F Droid.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdwh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2015, 06:43 PM |#126  
OP Member

More
Version 1.26 is now released. Main new feature is support for Storage Access Framework, so this should enable saving to SD cards (under Settings/More camera controls, "Use Storage Access Framework").

Also optional support for "Touch to capture", and fixed the countdown timer sound to be something sensible (along with optional voice countdown). See http://opencamera.sourceforge.net/#history for the full changelog.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdwh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2015, 04:52 PM |#127  
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 771

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwh

I've had a few bug reports on the hardware shutter button not working correctly - unfortunately I don't have such a device to test on, and it's not clear what the problem is.

The problem is that the program keeps refocusing every time it gets the "half-pressed" input.
It should instead keep focus locked until the button "stop sending press events"

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
13th July 2015, 07:37 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 1,092

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhl

The problem is that the program keeps refocusing every time it gets the "half-pressed" input.
It should instead keep focus locked until the button "stop sending press events"

Yes, the "camera" button is confusing in this app. This on-screen button is the worst thing to happen to phone cameras. Give me a choice of nice, clunky, hardware buttons, pretty please
18th July 2015, 07:20 PM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great app, waaaayyy better than the default camera in my LG L Prime. The only problem is that I cant save photos in the SD card, gives me an error message.

I'm using version 1.26 downloaded directly from the sourceforge, in my non rooted LG L Prime with 4.4.2 kitkat Android. It doesnt have any option to allow SD storage or something like that, only related option is to choose where to save the photos.
21st July 2015, 08:25 PM |#130  
Flag Wales, UK Earth, The Universe
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhl

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app

Ah glad to see this issue is known! The effect is even worse if the environment you are in prompts the LED flash to turn on to assist with focussing. It acts as though the camera half shutter button is repeating, like holding down a keyboard key. Think I'll stay away from the button and use the inferior on screen shutter button for now

Once it's fixed, an option to hide the on screen button would be awesome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, open source, photo, video
Previous Thread Next Thread