[APP][4.0.3+] Open Camera

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By mdwh, Member on 17th August 2014, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th November 2015, 02:53 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Please make the app more compatible on Lollipop/LG G4. Too much incompatibilities such as when using flash at micro, the result photo will only be in black.

30th November 2015, 02:29 AM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy S5.
6th December 2015, 11:19 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 682

More
It's working good on my Z5 Compact, seems every function no problem.
Last edited by TheEndHK; 7th December 2015 at 03:36 PM.
7th December 2015, 07:13 PM |#154  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Working good. Lenovo A916, Android 4.4.2.
8th December 2015, 02:38 AM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Man you gotta add the turn off denoise option to make this cam even better. Kudos man
The Following User Says Thank You to OldYellowBricks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OldYellowBricks Ad-Free
9th December 2015, 06:29 PM |#156  

More
Working just great on Xiaomi Redmi 1S, on CM 12.1
14th December 2015, 11:33 AM |#157  

More
Great App !
31st December 2015, 12:43 PM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
This is pretty much the definitive camera app to have on any Android right now, period. Takes brilliant pictures, is wildly customizable, and all for the price of 0.

One gripe with it, could you perhaps make it prettier? In a world with Material Design, this app sticks out like a sore thumb. Together with making it better looking, I feel it needs to be more intuitive. The controls - while there - take a while to find, and require more than one tap to reach. Perhaps you can try emulate a "real" camera? For example, Manual Camera has the best-working dial I have seen yet, and it make it an absolute pleasure to use. The exposure slider in Open Camera, in comparison, is laughably bad. The same thing for locking exposure - the camera app on the iPhone does it best, I think: hold to lock exposure and focus. Not to mention swiping up/down to adjust exposure. Also, a button of the most common features would be welcome, such as a button for HDR.

I have also noticed a couple bugs: taking pictures on burst mode makes my phone crap itself. It takes the burst shots, granted, but they're all blurry because my phone froze while taking them. Speaking of burst mode, iOS does that well, too - hold shutter to take burst pictures. Another bug I've noticed: digital image stabilization does the opposite of what it's supposed to. For the record, I've got a OnePlus One, running CM13, if that helps.

Apart from those minor nibbles, this is a fantastic app. 4*.
16th February 2016, 10:55 AM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwh

(...) I want to make Open Camera better, so bug reports and feature suggestions are most welcome (...)

Great app Mark! It's working fine on my S3 mini with Omni 5.1.1, I like the UI, nothing to complain about. One suggestion though: like others before me, I feel the need for a HDR button. If you can add this in a future build, it would be great! Thanks a lot for your time!
Last edited by Old Jimbo; 16th February 2016 at 11:01 AM.
16th February 2016, 12:58 PM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 1,131

More
Only one complaint about this app is the action of the camera icon taking pictures. While the stock camera is straightforward, ours is kind of strange, still do not understand it.

What I really would like, besides more specific actions, would be one of the hardware buttons, i.e. volume up. (My old Sony-Ericsohn had a dedicated camera button but in that position.)
1st March 2016, 07:49 AM |#161  

More
Hi,
Great work.!!!

Can you add option to turn OFF/ON Optical stabilization ?.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, open source, photo, video

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)